• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Hi Brendan
Hows it going with the splitter, just wondered if you have had any clearence issues before I order one.
Hi Dave, All OK bud and no issues albeit I do drive super careful in mine and try and avoid areas with speed bumps if I can.

I looked at mine from above for the first time today..and now I can't help but wonder what the blanking plate is for on the spoiler!
View attachment 3593
I know for a fact that side is to facilitate the additional bracket required for the mounting of the Rider S high top wing spoiler and they just mirror image the same cut on the RHS. That's what I have on my surplus white E51 base spoiler anyway. Why its not on both sides I don't know.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm with @Elgrand Cymru on this one - reverse camera access
Deffo NOT. ive just looked at my spare spoiler and there is no access at all via that hole to the camera unit as there is a full sized spacer blade adjacent to the hole completely blocking off any camera access. The rear camera just pops out anyway as ive removed mine before.

MOT time. It passed. I'm happy.

Taxed it and renewed the insurance - renewal was £20 cheaper than last year.

Just need to get over to BMR now for a service.

Just fitted my second Nextbase Hardwire Kit, managed to fit it alot quicker than the last time. Noticed on both fitments that the Nexbase fuse holder fits a lot better in the slot when you remove the fuse remover tool from the fusebox!

Just fitted my second Nextbase Hardwire Kit, managed to fit it alot quicker than the last time. Noticed on both fitments that the Nexbase fuse holder fits a lot better in the slot when you remove the fuse remover tool from the fusebox!
You need to do a how to for me with pic’s

Well I took mine to the rubbish tip today and then filled her up and then met up with a pal Terrance who took delivery of his 2007-07 S2 E51 yesterday from Worcester Road Motors where I bought mine from. We both parked side by side in Tesco's carpark ( out the way of course ) and compared both models in terms of spec and upgrades between my S1 and his S2.

Not a lot TBH. Mine is 3.5cc and his was 2.5cc albeit sounded nice.

Mine is Rider and his was HW/Star model so quite a few exterior differences lights wise front and rear. I loved the look of his too and it was immaculate inside and out.

Interior wise Terrance had the updated dash array which was fresh looking and it all worked well. He had a parking wand on the front bumper too in addition to the blind side mirror camera and the funny looking wing mounted mirror thing which is supposed to give you a view at junctions. Not convinced on that one and neither was Terrance.

He retained the Bose audio system in full and had a FM band expander fitted which gave him a good few channels to listen too as well as the cd option also. 2 x electric side doors which was very nice and auto power fold mirrors which I liked a lot and some updated to the middle 8th seat storage slider box which opened out fully and extended along the whole floor which was a nice touch I thought.

I think Terrance will be very happy with it. I forgot to take my camera so no pictures sadly.

Last edited:
Well condenser dryer packed up and purchased a new one from curry’s. Fitted in the back with ease followed by double mattress from ikea plus 2 kids one baby and my partner.
Very impressed with space and size even room for weekly shop.
Travelled to the tip and the van gathered a crowd and people started asking about it. Even on a wet day it stood out from the Crowd of VW Transvestites.

Attachments

• 8C6797C1-5457-462B-A8BB-3AA25E74FE8C.jpeg
    8C6797C1-5457-462B-A8BB-3AA25E74FE8C.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 584AD8E2-82CF-46BF-BC0B-228FC49B5279.jpeg
    584AD8E2-82CF-46BF-BC0B-228FC49B5279.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 30
Back