What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Just re-positioned my E51 on my driveway now our guests and their cars have left. That's as far as mine will be going for a few days now as my body is in detox mode after last nights fun and drink. LOL

Biffo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I've replaced the bearing in both fan belt idler wheels today. One wheel was squeaking when I started the engine, replacement wheels are silly prices, new bearing £4 each, so 3 bearings, job done! (The idler wheel on the main alternator belt has 2 bearings in)

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
My new set of Bosch wiper blades arrived this morning so i'll fit them later. If it perks up outside I might even try my new snow foam wash Santa bought me.

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Lets see some Mini pics please. Ive owned and restored many over my 31 year driving career. Love em I do. I'm talking the Original Mini too and not that BMW crap thing. LOL
Sorry @Brendan1969 my sons is a 2002 Mini One :( I'll post some pictures once the Mini is in! I actually have space in the garage for the other Elgrand but I promised my son his could come in! doh

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi do you still have the eBay link to these, as I've an E51 owner close by that could do with a set, cheers
Not got the link number mate but if you just go on ebay and type in Elgrand dash labels you should find them easy enough. He does them for all models of Elgrand ( E51 ) and other vehicles too. Based in Australia and takes about 10 days for them to arrive by air mail.

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Well my English translated dash button labels arrived from Australia today from the guy selling them on ebay so fitted them. Things should be a lot easier now. View attachment 2194
What are they like for night driving @Brendan1969 ? - do they light up like the buttons. I like the way everything lights up like a tardis so I've never used my set of stickers

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
What are they like for night driving @Brendan1969 ? - do they light up like the buttons. I like the way everything lights up like a tardis so I've never used my set of stickers
Hi Phil, well I used my E51 this morning early so it was still dark and I have to say the stickers do NOT let much light through TBH so not as good as I thought they were going to be but I would prefer and English label there over a Jap word any day and I'm not one for messing around on the move pressing buttons when I'm driving especially in the dark. I suppose a thinner version could be made and applied above and below the Jap switches perhaps.

Regards,