• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I've replaced the bearing in both fan belt idler wheels today. One wheel was squeaking when I started the engine, replacement wheels are silly prices, new bearing £4 each, so 3 bearings, job done! (The idler wheel on the main alternator belt has 2 bearings in)

My new set of Bosch wiper blades arrived this morning so i'll fit them later. If it perks up outside I might even try my new snow foam wash Santa bought me.

Lets see some Mini pics please. Ive owned and restored many over my 31 year driving career. Love em I do. I'm talking the Original Mini too and not that BMW crap thing. LOL

Sorry @Brendan1969 my sons is a 2002 Mini One :( I'll post some pictures once the Mini is in! I actually have space in the garage for the other Elgrand but I promised my son his could come in! doh

Hi do you still have the eBay link to these, as I've an E51 owner close by that could do with a set, cheers
Not got the link number mate but if you just go on ebay and type in Elgrand dash labels you should find them easy enough. He does them for all models of Elgrand ( E51 ) and other vehicles too. Based in Australia and takes about 10 days for them to arrive by air mail.

Well my English translated dash button labels arrived from Australia today from the guy selling them on ebay so fitted them. Things should be a lot easier now.View attachment 2194

What are they like for night driving @Brendan1969 ? - do they light up like the buttons. I like the way everything lights up like a tardis so I've never used my set of stickers

What are they like for night driving @Brendan1969 ? - do they light up like the buttons. I like the way everything lights up like a tardis so I've never used my set of stickers
Hi Phil, well I used my E51 this morning early so it was still dark and I have to say the stickers do NOT let much light through TBH so not as good as I thought they were going to be but I would prefer and English label there over a Jap word any day and I'm not one for messing around on the move pressing buttons when I'm driving especially in the dark. I suppose a thinner version could be made and applied above and below the Jap switches perhaps.

Regards,

Went to my local tyre garage today. Save on Tyres in Swindon. Placed and order for 4 new tyres and a set of alloy gator rim protectors in Red. I have plenty of clearance too with the current suspension ride height so I am going up a side wall profile from " 40 " to " 45 " to hopefully gain a tad more comfort when on the back roads. The tyres I am going for are Maxxis brand which are an excellent all rounder tyre and hard wearing too.

Just awaiting the call to say they are in stock which I hope will be either end of this week or sometime next week. All this coupled with my Cruise control kit being fitted Tuesday morning will make for a busy few days coming and a good hammering on my bank balance too!!!;););):cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:albeit she is worth it and it will give me total piece of mind now when on long trips which we have planned.

Had my new set of 245/45/R19 Maxxis VS-01 tyres fitted today along with the set of Red alloy gators. I have to say the ride quality is a lot better and they look great. Total bill was £528 all in as he gave me some discount off it all.

My old tyres were a set of Falken's with 245/40/R 19 rubber and the age date on them all were week 44 of 2011 so I think they did well. There were bad cracks inbetween the treads so I am glad ive had them done and also glkad ive gone up 1 side wall profile for a tad extra ride comfort.

Cruise control being fitted Tuesday morning.:p

I will take a piSNV32430.JPGSNV32431.JPGSNV32428.JPGSNV32432.JPG

Last edited:
Had my new set of 245/45/R19 Maxxis VS-01 tyres fitted today along with the set of Red alloy gators. I have to say the ride quality is a lot better and they look great. Total bill was £528 all in as he gave me some discount off it all.

My old tyres were a set of Falken's with 245/40/R 19 rubber and the age date on them all were week 44 of 2011 so I think they did well. There were bad cracks inbetween the treads so I am glad ive had them done and also glkad ive gone up 1 side wall profile for a tad extra ride comfort.

Cruise control being fitted Tuesday morning.:p

I will take a pic and post up tomorrow as its dark now.

Tasty tyres!!! @Brendan1969 :p

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Maxxis/Victra-Sport-VS01.htm

Day trip to Winchester Car Imports today. Many thanks to Adrian for a great job on the cats for my E51 and the freindly welcome, tips and advice. Another tick in the list of must do's. Would absolutely recommend anyone in the south east who hasn't done it yet to get in touch with Adrian Bristow

Back