• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE 2016 - 8th to 11th September - Newark Show Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so the last thread fizzled out and was an early planning thread. It's time to get serious now.

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT JAE

Tickets as per the site are £45 each. If you want to be on the Club Stand, the cost will be £50 each. The extra £5 goes towards the cost of the actual plot. This year the price is the same regardless of whether you join on the Thursday or the Friday.

Day tickets are available directly from the JAE website, but having a day ticket means you won't get your Elgrand on the stand.

We need to have at least 28 Elgrand's on the stand.

Caravans are allowed and will be parked on the club stand, so space is limited. The plot will be split between the vehicles, the living area, and the camping area. I'll do a layout design as we get closer to the event and we know how many people are coming.

To keep it simple, JAE is a massive car show with thousands of Japanese cars on show from hundreds of clubs. The event is huge with plenty to do for all the family. Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead and poo must be picked up. Same goes for kids (rofl). Please note there is a firework display on Saturday night, so dogs and children that might find this distressing might want to be taken out for the evening (the site is free to come and go as long as you have a wrist band.

JAE is a chance for us all to get together, relax, have a few drinks and enjoy good food with good company. There will be a marquee, seats, a BBQ, music, and everything you need to enjoy a long weekend away.

Please support the club, the show and the Japanese car scene by coming along.

There are NO restrictions on who attends. To come to the show you just need a Japanese car. To be on the ElgrandOC stand, you need an Elgrand. It doesn't need to be "show car" quality. It doesn't need to be fancy. It doesn't need to be modified. It doesn't need to be "as new". Being clean is preferred, and if it's not, I'll probably clean it for you when it's on the stand.

I am going to need payment for tickets ASAP so that I know who is definitely coming. I am unsure of the deadline to buy tickets yet, but I will find out and add it to this thread when I know.

Children under 12 are free (2 per each paying adult). Each adult ticket is £50. Payment needs to go to karl@elgrandoc.uk. Please include your username in the payment details so I know who each payment relates to.
  1. Karl - 2 adults - Thursday - PAID
  2. Headless - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID
  3. RapperFrapper - 2 adults - Thursday - PAID
  4. Absolution - 2 adult - Thursday - PAID
  5. simjoh - 2 adults - Thursday
  6. E50ZRider - 1 adult - Thursday
  7. silverback - 1 adult - Thursday
  8. kevmo_g - 1 adult - Thursday
  9. BMR - 2 adults - Thursday
  10. LittleG - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID
  11. electricaldave - 1 adult - Thursday
  12. mikeb4x4 - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID
  13. sean_h - 2 adults - Thursday
  14. Tigers26- 2 adults - Friday
  15. Barney - 2 adults - Thursday
  16. kippaxblue - 2 adults - Thursday
  17. RobP - 2 adults, 2 Kids - Friday
  18. Clocky280 - 1 adult - Thursday
  19. Jim Crow - 2 Adults 1 Child - Friday
  20. Oldboybob - 1 adult
  21. Blingo - 1 adult 1 child - Friday - PAID
  22. Davegrand - 2 adults - Thursday
Hey Karl,unfortunately I'm gonna have to bail on this weekend.......can't get the shifts off .......sorry mate...got a new tent & shit to try out especially .....not happy at all....:mad::banghead:

Karl have we decided against an electrical hook up? as I was thinking about low voltage under vehicle lighting for all the vans but if we dont have power then I will stop thinking. I will be bringing a few bags full of wood and some fuel for the BBQ. What is still required for the stand?

Well that's me and the mrs all paid up. So now time to look forward to a great weekend and finally meet some of the members.
Best get the work on the bus done.

OK, so the last thread fizzled out and was an early planning thread. It's time to get serious now.

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT JAE

Tickets as per the site are £45 each. If you want to be on the Club Stand, the cost will be £50 each. The extra £5 goes towards the cost of the actual plot. This year the price is the same regardless of whether you join on the Thursday or the Friday.

Day tickets are available directly from the JAE website, but having a day ticket means you won't get your Elgrand on the stand.

We need to have at least 28 Elgrand's on the stand.

Caravans are allowed and will be parked on the club stand, so space is limited. The plot will be split between the vehicles, the living area, and the camping area. I'll do a layout design as we get closer to the event and we know how many people are coming.

To keep it simple, JAE is a massive car show with thousands of Japanese cars on show from hundreds of clubs. The event is huge with plenty to do for all the family. Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead and poo must be picked up. Same goes for kids (rofl). Please note there is a firework display on Saturday night, so dogs and children that might find this distressing might want to be taken out for the evening (the site is free to come and go as long as you have a wrist band.

JAE is a chance for us all to get together, relax, have a few drinks and enjoy good food with good company. There will be a marquee, seats, a BBQ, music, and everything you need to enjoy a long weekend away.

Please support the club, the show and the Japanese car scene by coming along.

There are NO restrictions on who attends. To come to the show you just need a Japanese car. To be on the ElgrandOC stand, you need an Elgrand. It doesn't need to be "show car" quality. It doesn't need to be fancy. It doesn't need to be modified. It doesn't need to be "as new". Being clean is preferred, and if it's not, I'll probably clean it for you when it's on the stand.

I am going to need payment for tickets ASAP so that I know who is definitely coming. I am unsure of the deadline to buy tickets yet, but I will find out and add it to this thread when I know.

Children under 12 are free (2 per each paying adult). Each adult ticket is £50. Payment needs to go to karl@elgrandoc.uk. Please include your username in the payment details so I know who each payment relates to.
  1. Karl - 2 adults - Thursday - PAID
  2. Headless - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID
  3. RapperFrapper - 2 adults - Thursday - PAID
  4. Absolution - 2 adult - Thursday - PAID
  5. simjoh - 2 adults - Thursday
  6. E50ZRider - 1 adult - Thursday
  7. silverback - 1 adult - Thursday
  8. kevmo_g - 1 adult - Thursday
  9. BMR - 2 adults - Thursday
  10. LittleG - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID
  11. electricaldave - 1 adult - Thursday
  12. mikeb4x4 - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID
  13. sean_h - 2 adults - Thursday
  14. Tigers26- 2 adults - Friday
  15. Barney - 2 adults - Thursday
  16. kippaxblue - 2 adults - Thursday
  17. RobP - 2 adults, 2 Kids - Friday
  18. Clocky280 - 1 adult - Thursday
  19. Jim Crow - 2 Adults 1 Child - Friday
  20. Oldboybob - 1 adult
  21. Blingo - 1 adult 1 child - Friday - PAID
  22. Davegrand - 2 adults - Thursday
Hi Karl, put me down for 2 tickets buddy

Karl have we decided against an electrical hook up? as I was thinking about low voltage under vehicle lighting for all the vans but if we dont have power then I will stop thinking. I will be bringing a few bags full of wood and some fuel for the BBQ. What is still required for the stand?
I'll be paying for electrical hook up, if no one else is, the missus aint going if she can't user her hair dryer!

I'll be paying for electrical hook up, if no one else is, the missus aint going if she can't user her hair dryer!

Be good to get at least 14 people to want a power supply. I'd pay upto £20 for a mains supply for the weekend as I'd prefer to have power available to me van than have to muck about with batteries and generators all weekend.
So if possible could we do a list for those wanting power so we can work out if it's a viable option?
If based on said 14 people minimum can put my name down for it please.

Be good to get at least 14 people to want a power supply. I'd pay upto £20 for a mains supply for the weekend as I'd prefer to have power available to me van than have to muck about with batteries and generators all weekend.
So if possible could we do a list for those wanting power so we can work out if it's a viable option?
If based on said 14 people minimum can put my name down for it please.
It ain't cheap for just one 13 amp socket, about £112, ridiculous amount, plus not allowed petrol generators!
Think as a stand we could do with a couple?
I suppose we can use an extention lead and multi socket, just have to make sure we don't overload it..i wounder how much it is to hire a deisel generator as might be cheaper and we are allowed one of those?

Hmmm, do I spend £115 on buying 1x13amp, or do I use the money towards booking in to a cheap B+B, have a nice comfy bed, own on suite shower and toilet, peace and quite nite(don't have to listen to the annoying thumping loud music from next club stand all day and night), get a cooked breakfast every morning, no pitching of tent or putting down, can travel a lot lighter because of it??

Think I'll start looking for a B+B :)
Ooh for approx £50 more than the price of 1 socket I can book into Premier inn :)
View attachment 902
Even better I've found The Springfield Inn, £150 for 3 nights, free to book and can cancel for free, guess where I'm staying for the night, got it all booked for me and the missus, get in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'll have to find a suitable solar panel for the roof of the bus then
to keep the battery topped up so I can keep my fridge going.

We got any more takers for this awesome event? Also, tickets need to be bought in August, so payment is required ASAP for all those on the list.

We got any more takers for this awesome event? Also, tickets need to be bought in August, so payment is required ASAP for all those on the list.
Hi Karl,
Can you put me down for this, let me know how to pay

Payment needs to be sent via PayPal to Karl@ElgrandOC.uk

Alternatively, if you don't have PayPal, you can send me the money via bank transfer or cheque. If you want to use either of those methods, please PM me and I'll send you the details.

Thoughts on a postcard or reply please!.....I could leave Bristol on the Friday at 2100 but would need to be back in Bristol for 0800 Sunday morning...will I be able to get in and out such times?...of course I would pay the full price and would have my two boys with me

Thoughts on a postcard or reply please!.....I could leave Bristol on the Friday at 2100 but would need to be back in Bristol for 0800 Sunday morning...will I be able to get in and out such times?...of course I would pay the full price and would have my two boys with me
If you pay for the weekend pass(thu-sun) you are given a pass that allows you in and out as much as you like 24 hours a day and so you could gain entry and leave when you like.

then my furry friends I maybe joining you
Let Karl. Know so we can add you to the list, plus you'll need to pay asap otherwise if we don't get enough members to go we may loose a pitch if we can't fill it, which will mean some members may not be allowed onto our club stand, so first come first served, the quicker payment is made to guarantee your space. We have previous booked four pitches this year but are struggling to fill them all, so if in the next week we cannot get enough members to pay and attend we will have to try and sell a pitch to another club, therefore having less space for those who leave it last minute to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back