• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Which Elgrand have you got?

Which Elgrand have you got?

• E50

Votes: 248 15.9%
  • E51

Votes: 1,185 75.8%
  • E52

Votes: 49 3.1%
  • None

Votes: 82 5.2%

• Total voters
Thought there would be a few more E52’s heavily outnumbered

2005 E51 S2 , just had it for a week. Has a broken fuel gauge (or is the fuel sender faulty) which shows me half tank when it's empty (ask me how I know :rolleyes:).
It's a 3.5L, lots of power but very very thirsty. I just had a cyl 5 misfire and it's a bit of a pain to get into the engine bay do do maintenance...
But it drives like a dream, the kids love it.
Search the forum for 'fuel gauge recall'.

Search the forum for 'fuel gauge recall'.
Yeah, I sent an email to Nissan Japan and they said it was up to local Nissan dealer if they would do it. Now my local Nissan dealer just told me it's up to Japan if they will cover the costs, cuz normally they don't cover JDM vehicles, only export vehicles......back to square1 pfff. I doubt it will get done by the dealer.
I removed all cats yesterday (took 2 days for a mechanic buddy of mine to remove them and put other pipes instead), paid $100 to remove, replace with pipes, and sold the cats for $300.

Yeah, I sent an email to Nissan Japan and they said it was up to local Nissan dealer if they would do it. Now my local Nissan dealer just told me it's up to Japan if they will cover the costs, cuz normally they don't cover JDM vehicles, only export vehicles......back to square1 pfff. I doubt it will get done by the dealer.
I removed all cats yesterday (took 2 days for a mechanic buddy of mine to remove them and put other pipes instead), paid $100 to remove, replace with pipes, and sold the cats for $300.
Hello Arvin,
Wow, I just had to look at a map to see where in South America you are. Are there many Elgrands in your parts or is it unusual?

Hi Lize, we have mostly imported JDM vehicles here. I have seen some Elgrands, not a lot though. I did see a newer model, E52, they're sweet but does look a little smaller....or were my eyes deceiving me... :D

Hi Lize, we have mostly imported JDM vehicles here. I have seen some Elgrands, not a lot though. I did see a newer model, E52, they're sweet but does look a little smaller....or were my eyes deceiving me... :D
I'm quite surprised by the JDM popularity, was expecting you to mostly have North American vehicles.

I won a set of S3 Highway Star projector headlights on a Japan auction website for $100 and a set of Highway Star fog lamps (which fit on my bumper) complete with steering column stock for $85.....
Can't wait to install em...

I've not seen an E52 yet but yes I think they look smaller as more estate car like but think not so dissimilar inside as lower floor. Like a Nissan Quest.

I'm quite surprised by the JDM popularity, was expecting you to mostly have North American vehicles.
On the contrary, we have left hand traffic, so we need RHD cars which North America doesn't have. I do like me some classic American muscle but way out of my reach....

I never thought about you being RHD cars, only think of UK, Australia and Japan, that explains it.

It would be good if you could start a project thread, I'm sure members would be interested to see photos of your van in scenic locations.

E51s look popular. Picked up a 2006 HWS this week.

Last edited:
I have a E52, pearl white, 2wd highway star edition Big chrome alloys. Its gorgeous and worth every last penny!

Not yet have but hope to buy E51. Perfect car for travel with kids
640x480

Back