• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Which Elgrand have you got?

Which Elgrand have you got?

• E50

Votes: 248 15.9%
  • E51

Votes: 1,185 75.8%
  • E52

Votes: 49 3.1%
  • None

Votes: 82 5.2%

• Total voters
E51 Rider, was on coilovers when I bought it but put back on standard springs, white, towbar and of course LPG conversion ;-)

1997 e50 3.2 diesel here , rather battered but drives lovely 😊. Only had it a few days and already looking at E51’s if I can get my head around the mpg !

1997 e50 3.2 diesel here , rather battered but drives lovely 😊. Only had it a few days and already looking at E51’s if I can get my head around the mpg !
Nothing to get your head round, its non existent lol 😁

Ok You have talked me into it!

E50 3.0 diesel and a E51 rider just been delivered and mot,d

Picked up my E51 highway star today, 2.5 so won't be bothering any rice puddings but a nice quiet place to listen to radio 2 (until I get the stereo sorted)

I’ve just joined the group with an E51 series 3 XL
AWD with cruise.
Love it and find I’m also learning Japanese. Lol

奉迎 From Google translate, I'm not that clever 😀

E51. How original 😆

But it's a gold one and has a nice bodykit and wheels. Bit rarer :joy:

I've a 2003 X model with go faster skirts and a Nismo exhaust - and a broken CD!

I answered E50, but tomorrow I am swapping out for a lovely E51 Series 3 Black Leather Edition. I have been on the lookout for this for a while as I wanted heated seats and cruise control. I had never driven one before the test drive so I will update the forum after I get it home.

I answered E50, but tomorrow I am swapping out for a lovely E51 Series 3 Black Leather Edition. I have been on the lookout for this for a while as I wanted heated seats and cruise control. I had never driven one before the test drive so I will update the forum after I get it home.

OK, we collected the E51 yesterday. The new car has just under 44000 miles on it (2008 model) and looks to be in good condition. No bangs dents or scratches on the bodywork, except around the driver’s door handle (on the plastic). Nothing that won’t polish out.

The car drives very smoothly, much quieter than the E50. The heated seats are better than the ones in my Nissan Leaf and the heater is fantastic. I tried out the cruise control, which will take a bit of getting used to.

I noticed that the brakes are very soft and probably need looking at. If I braked suddenly the seat belts retracted quite sharply. I don’t know if this is by design or a fault and if sorting the brakes will help.

More later.

E51 S2 Rider S Autech 3.5 4WD (G30)

Last edited:
Back