• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Which Elgrand have you got?

Which Elgrand have you got?

• E50

Votes: 248 15.9%
  • E51

Votes: 1,185 75.8%
  • E52

Votes: 49 3.1%
  • None

Votes: 82 5.2%

• Total voters
Looks lovely do you have more pics? Esp of the back showing the exhausts 😎 are they 18"wheels?

They're 19", I've just downgraded them from 20"...

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 30
That's lovely Iqbal, what profile tyre are you using on the 19s and how do you find the ride?

That's lovely Iqbal, what profile tyre are you using on the 19s and how do you find the ride?

Thanks bud!
On the 19"s I'm running 255 40 R19. It's been a relief going from 245 35 R20. Mine came lowered from Japan and the suspension was stiffer than the stock spring, with the 20" rims I could feel every little bump and pot hole, the ride was too harsh for roads in London. Although, traction and road holding was great, I've had to sacrifice that and the looks for 19" wheels and it's made a world of a difference. The car drives a lot smoother and much better over bumps.

Thanks bud!
On the 19"s I'm running 255 40 R19. It's been a relief going from 245 35 R20. Mine came lowered from Japan and the suspension was stiffer than the stock spring, with the 20" rims I could feel every little bump and pot hole, the ride was too harsh for roads in London. Although, traction and road holding was great, I've had to sacrifice that and the looks for 19" wheels and it's made a world of a difference. The car drives a lot smoother and much better over bumps.

Those quad pipes are awesome too 😎Thanks for advising 👍 I have standard suspension and wheels 225 60 17 & thinking of going to 8.5 x 18 235/50/18s et42 as id like to get a little extra ground clearance and keep the thicker tyre for the crappy roads.

Those quad pipes are awesome too 😎Thanks for advising 👍 I have standard suspension and wheels 225 60 17 & thinking of going to 8.5 x 18 235/50/18s et42 as id like to get a little extra ground clearance and keep the thicker tyre for the crappy roads.

With the standard suspension you could still go for 19" without any issues with a 255 45 R19, that should give you plenty meat on the tyres to give you ride comfort. If I had stock suspension on mine I would've kept the 20" rims and gone for a 40 profile tyre instead of 35. I just weren't up for flaffing around with the suspension and struts.

The quad pipes were done by Andrew Bristow known as @Winchester on this very forum...

Just ordered my 2nd Elgrand 2008 rider high performance spec hoping it be here late June can’t wait, any body else have one on here ?

Attachments

• B5EA814A-6767-42E9-8EEF-6D987A4C05B9.jpeg
    B5EA814A-6767-42E9-8EEF-6D987A4C05B9.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 4DE7DF06-4A90-47AA-9474-EF66ABA1E23A.jpeg
    4DE7DF06-4A90-47AA-9474-EF66ABA1E23A.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 16
  • 3A029ED0-7B5F-4AEC-BB58-CEB49EF01CD4.jpeg
    3A029ED0-7B5F-4AEC-BB58-CEB49EF01CD4.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 16
My Elgrand 1.JPGMy Elgrand.JPGMy Elgrand2.JPGMy Elgrand3.JPG

Just waiting for this to arrive from Japan. Estimated date of arrival 04/06/19.

Early 2004 Rider 4x4 with twin sunroofs, power blinds, rear screen and twin power doors.

A few upgrades in mind including bigger alloys and will be converting to a camper.

Last edited:
Awsome looking Elgrands. I can decide. I' having a quandary. Seen 2 I like. After reading some stuff on here and on the web I like 2 so these are them.

Option A: 2.5 HWS Grey with black Half and Half interior, nice alloys
Option B: 3.5 HWS in Pearl black. twin sunroof, drop down DVD and less miles. (black front grill which I don't like, how easy is it to change back to the original chrome? and how easy/hard are they to get hold of)

Prefer the though of the 3.5 engine but don't want it to look dirty all the time. Anyone got any opinions?

I'd wait for the right one to come along Kev - why compromise when new Elgrands are being imported all the time. Personally the 3.5 was a no brainer for me when I test drove straight after test driving a 2.5.

I'd wait for the right one to come along Kev - why compromise when new Elgrands are being imported all the time. Personally the 3.5 was a no brainer for me when I test drove straight after test driving a 2.5.
Thanks Steven. I am going to go for the 3.5 HWS and not i know what spec i want. Also know i don't want one in white. Had a white van before and its time for a change.

I’ve just dipped my toe in the Elgrand waters...... I only had a limited budget so found the best one I could for sub 3k.....
At that price there is a lot of tat about sitting in used car lots or with private sellers who have no idea about history or have just used them as family vans without caring too much for them. Some I looked at were truest rough!

I’m so impressed with the one I have tho, sourced from an reputable import company who brought it here originally and then bought it back off the only previous uk owner when they upgraded to a newer Alphard.

It’s hard to see what other UK vehicle I would swap it for in a few years when it comes to upgrading. This time funds were a bit short due to a house extension at the same time but later when it’s time to swap I may look at getting exactly what spec I want with all the right history and bringing it over myself (er...prob through a company but you know what I mean lol) and being the first UK owner.

While the Elgrand is a great concept, and each variant has it's plusses and minuses, it was the E51 series 2 or 3 which appealed most.
I've just jumped the shark and purchased a 2007 - S2 HWS.

e50 hws 2wd 3.2d and loving it

I've got both an E50 and an E51. Can't vote twice.

Back