• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

WTF did it use your van as a litter tray and a scratch post.
Chilli powder would be applied to that little b*****d and a bullet to head.
Not used it as a litter tray fortunately. It just likes to sleep on cars. Uses her owners dad's TR7 as a bed sometimes too :pensive:

Do you live near a river or stream because they look like mink foot marks
Nope, definitely the damn cat. Some twat put my back window through on the roadster last year, and before I put a new roof on it, the shit bag used to use my passenger seat as a home from home :joy:

I like cats really, but It's difficult to continue liking them when my paint was like a mirror this morning :(

Going to murder next doors cat

IMG-5139.jpg

IMG-5140.jpg

IMG-5141.jpg

IMG-5142.jpg

Did a claybar/polish last Wednesday as well. Furry bastard.

You need to murder the person painting the cats feet white, lol

Sprinkle cayenne pepper around the car. It has been known to keep cats away, and you don't even need to sprinkle it on the car, though that might be even more effective. After a few days, the cats should leave and not come back. If they return, try again or move on to another possible remedy.

Purchase mothballs and spread them out around your car, including on the car's roof. Alternatively, put the mothballs in a bag and hang them. The scent is strong, so beware. But cats don't like the scent either, and will stay away.

Not tried this one myself, but when i was searching for ways to stop my cat sleeping on the soft top of my E30 a few people said putting a fake rubber snake on the roof worked a treat :joy:

Yep I have to have rubber snakes on my TT roof to keep next doors cat off. They ruined the roof of my first TT and I wasn't going to allow it to happen again.
The amount of people ie workmen from British Gas or the washing machine repair guy who visit me and say "You do realise you have snakes on your car roof don't you?"

Errrrrrr they didn't drop in from the sky. : unamused:

Why are the E51 front doors so close to the flipping ground?
Had it just over a week and can’t find a bloody curb low enough to open them without scraping to bare metal 😀

Yep I have to have rubber snakes on my TT roof to keep next doors cat off. They ruined the roof of my first TT and I wasn't going to allow it to happen again.
The amount of people ie workmen from British Gas or the washing machine repair guy who visit me and say "You do realise you have snakes on your car roof don't you?"

Errrrrrr they didn't drop in from the sky. : unamused:
Can you confirm this actually worked? Currently looking at a fake snake on Ebay and I can just see it coiled around my drivers wing mirror!

Tiger shit will keep them away but you need to be brave to go & get some ;):D

Tiger shit? :joy: You're lion!

Can you confirm this actually worked? Currently looking at a fake snake on Ebay and I can just see it coiled around my drivers wing mirror!

Tiger shit? :joy: You're lion!
Yes 2 large rubber snakes but they need to go on the roof where the cats usually like to sunbathe. Don't spend a lot on the snakes because you'll end up forgetting about them at first and you'll drive off only to hear a noise, think "what the hell is that?" then see the snakes fly off in to the road.

I got mine from somewhere like Poundstretcher or The Range, somewhere cheap like that. You need to get the correct type of rubber/plastic. Obviously the lightweight plastic is no good as the wind will fling them off, the very very soft rubbery stuff and in the hot summer they go sticky,

Just a thought, I started off with a cucumber (no jokes please) before I went down the snake route.

Obviously it doesn't last forever, I started using a cucumber in the depth of summer a few years ago, it started to go mushy as you would expect and one day I forgot it was there and it went splat on the road hence me going next level stuff with the snakes.

I had a pack of 5 small snakes which were 'stretchy' these worked but were the ones that went sticky in the sun so you don't want these.

You need big snakes and they need to be the kind of material which makes them unable to flex, they just stay in the shape they are if that makes sense.

But your North East cats could be harder than ours down here so prollies worth trying the cucumber first.

They work for me but I am scared that I am gonna get a rollocking if they don't work for everyone :joy:

Back