• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

You could say that about any road when using a push bike, plenty of a roads more dangerous than a dual carriageway IMO, I've rode a push bike all over, big cities London, Birmingham, Bristol, but the worst are are often 60mph a roads.
In the cities you expect bicycles. 60mph roads you still get them but dual carriageways nah It's just daft. You might be lit up like a Christmas tree but we're still not gonna see that guy on a bicycle through a lorry. As has been said, use some common sense. As for road races @robert edwards I couldn't agree more.

In the cities you expect bicycles. 60mph roads you still get them but dual carriageways nah It's just daft. You might be lit up like a Christmas tree but we're still not gonna see that guy on a bicycle through a lorry. As has been said, use some common sense. As for road races @robert edwards I couldn't agree more.
Being a life long cyclist/motorcyclist I don't think we'll ever see things the same way Hoob. Sorry mate I'm always going to get defensive where 2 wheels are concerned.

oh dear sorry karl think i just opened a can of worms :eek: just bitch slap me and tell me not to do it again :worried:
Don't be afraid to open a can of worms 😁. We're all adults and don't have to agree on everything. Plus it's cruel to the worms yo leave them trapped in a can 😂

I am not sure what the answer is. I think the choice of roads used by cyclists for road racing is not always sensible, there is a single carriageway near me regularly used, in both directions at the same time which makes things tricky for the motorist. However it would be very difficult to legislate for, e.g. banning cyclists on all roads where the speed limit is 60mph or more simply would not work, as it would be far too restrictive. Perhaps A roads where the number is 3 digits or less (not counting the A) and the limit is 60mph or more?

In my opinion the public roads should not be used for racing at all. It doesn’t matter if it’s cycling or motor racing.
The simple fact that it’s a race makes it dangerous and the Highway Code will be disregarded for precious seconds . If it must be done on a road the organisers should be forced to close the roads properly and pay accordingly.

Sorry to hear that @Stempy but if you're feeling better and do fancy a quick drive out tomorrow, they do have a 'Toilet block' at West Wittering. I'll be there early, so will let you know if the block is open :)

Hope you feel better soon :)
Finally had my Christmas Day outing to the beach for lunch, better late than never, huh?DSC_1214.jpegDSC_1210.JPG

not as bleak as the whiterings i hope :) you looked so lonely in the pic :)

No, this was along the coast a bit further. Had planned to go to Climping but the beach car park was closed so ended up in Littlehampton, which was nice.

True to form, just as your bank balance has had a kick in from Christmas something goes wrong, condenser tumble dryer has decided to trip out all the sockets in the house everytme you turn it on....mmmmm

Could be a faulty circuit breaker if the drier isn’t old.
I had this once and it turned out the breaker was a bit over sensitive

The dryer is about three years old and it’s been run every day... so I think it’s had it’s time but will get a new breaker as it would be cheaper than a new dryer..the bus has never ran so well so that’s at least something good...

Back