• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

It's nice to be nice. BMW X1 come into beach car park making a horrible scrunging noise. I went over and told the lady she had a flat front tyre and did she want a hand to fix - she told it was ok as it was a "BMW" and it was made to be able to run with flat tyres. Oh well - such is life! I think when they name new technology they should take into account the half whit that will buy it!

Ha ha, I've seen that twice and had similar conversations with both people. It's a real 'wait, what....?' moment but more importantly, its the snobbish look (round here anyway) they give you from their 'chelsea tractors' as if to say 'doesn't yours have this feature'....

A few years ago I worked with a guy from Hartlepool.
His wife was driving down the road with smoke coming from a flat rear tyre.
The police managed to get her to stop before it caught fire and put her spare wheel on.
She said that she had heard strange noises but reckoned her hubby could sort it out at home.
Less than 12 months later another driver managed to get her attention and stop her driving with another rear flat.
Tyre was shot again but no smoke.
He didn't know what to do with her!!

It's nice to be nice. BMW X1 come into beach car park making a horrible scrunging noise. I went over and told the lady she had a flat front tyre and did she want a hand to fix - she told it was ok as it was a "BMW" and it was made to be able to run with flat tyres. Oh well - such is life! I think when they name new technology they should take into account the half whit that will buy it!
Bless her lol. I'm sure my dad's old bmw didn't have a spare as it came with run on flats but you're clearly ment to drive straight to a tyre place.

😐sigh, a knackered rim will be a lesson learned.

I once joked with someone ,saying "it's only flat at the bottom"-----they said nothing ,got in the car and drove off, I didn't know wether to feel guilty or laugh my tits off
@Highway Dave that made me laugh. My husband told me of a very young cheeky chappie once getting stopped by a very keen police officer one morning in the early hours. The policeman suddenly jumped out and noticed that the young man hadn't got his tax disc displayed (the wind had blown it off the dashboard and fluttered under the seat!) The copper asked where it was and the young man said it was in the car somewhere. The copper was getting annoyed and asked the question : "what shape are your tyres?" Instead of what he should have said : "what shape are your tyres in?" The cheeky chappie replied : "well what shape do you think they are? They are f***ing round, aren't they?!" That comment resulted in a ticket and a closer scrutiny of the vehicle! Lol not everyone has a great sense of humour I guess!! Ps my husband was that cheeky chappie! Lol

my hate for the day are cycles road racing around the country side by me :mad: nearly took four out on a blind bend riding two abreast :eek: then on a round about some twat telling me to stop so some more could cross it :eek:told him to fuck of he wasnt a copper :)nobjockies all of them:mad:

my hate for the day are cycles road racing around the country side by me :mad: nearly took four out on a blind bend riding two abreast :eek: then on a round about some twat telling me to stop so some more could cross it :eek:told him to fuck of he wasnt a copper :)nobjockies all of them:mad:
They used to do this on the a19 near where i live which was fucking mental. Hgvs and bicycles don't mix. It all stopped after a death. Now there are no bicycles signs.

Bloody Eiffel Tower in a Tin (Building for my 7 year old Step son, who got it as an xmas gift......tis bloody hard and the few beers Ive had are not aiding me in the building off it pmsl. who makes this bloody things and puts an age of 8+...there having a f-ing laugh

Bloody Eiffel Tower in a Tin (Building for my 7 year old Step son, who got it as an xmas gift......tis bloody hard and the few beers Ive had are not aiding me in the building off it pmsl. who makes this bloody things and puts an age of 8+...there having a f-ing laugh
I know your feeling.
I’m half way through a Lego police station some nice person bought my six year old son.
It’s got more drawings and plans than I have at work

Just remember, do not operate any heavy machinery while drinking and building, lol

Last edited:
They used to do this on the a19 near where i live which was fucking mental. Hgvs and bicycles don't mix. It all stopped after a death. Now there are no bicycles signs.
Perfectly legal to ride 2 abreast done 1000's of miles like that but I wouldn't dream of it on the a19, when I was young a did a lot of miles on the a19 always a crazy road, 84 or 85 I remember a lad in our club was killed when a car just drove over him on the a19 and he was not riding 2 abreast.
HgV's were fun we rode closer to them to get sucked along!!

Perfectly legal to ride 2 abreast done 1000's of miles like that but I wouldn't dream of it on the a19, when I was young a did a lot of miles on the a19 always a crazy road, 84 or 85 I remember a lad in our club was killed when a car just drove over him on the a19 and he was not riding 2 abreast.
HgV's were fun we rode closer to them to get sucked along!!
Legal doesn't make it right. If you ride a bicycle on a dual carriageway you are asking for trouble and risking every one around your life at the same time.

Legal doesn't make it right. If you ride a bicycle on a dual carriageway you are asking for trouble and risking every one around your life at the same time.
You could say that about any road when using a push bike, plenty of a roads more dangerous than a dual carriageway IMO, I've rode a push bike all over, big cities London, Birmingham, Bristol, but the worst are are often 60mph a roads.

Just went to Lidl. Only wanted bin bags, but you know Lidl. I defy anyone to walk out of there with only the thing they went in to buy. Anyway, in addition to the the pomegranates, colored pencils, rocket (salad), jam, rollerballs, biltong, and Tabasco, bought some cashew nuts and almonds. They sell three types of loose nuts, which are all the same price. I took a bag, and being at times ecologically minded, put both cashews and almonds in the same bag. When I got to the cash desk, the cashier told me, in no uncertain terms, that I mustn't mix the nuts in the same bag. "But they are the same price" I said, "But they are different product codes". She then took the bag to one side and processed the rest of my things. "You mean I can't have the nuts? I asked "No" she said, "they are different product codes". The customer behind me said "Consider yourself well and truly reprimanded!" Fortunately the cashier behind mine said "Put them through as almonds". Reluctantly she did this. Couldn't help wondering if they were really going to separate out all the almonds and cashews and put them back for sale. Ho hum :):):)
Love Lidl and Aldi. I rummage round the tat racks while the wife does the shopping.

its not so much the cyclists just the road race part they seem to think they can just take over the whole area :mad: and block roads if we went in our elgrands and set up a circuit then raced around blocking round abouts and junctions we would be prosecuted and our insurance would be void and yes i know you can ride two abreast but on a blind corner they should use common sense like i did and slowed for the conditions :mad: rant over

its not so much the cyclists just the road race part they seem to think they can just take over the whole area :mad: and block roads if we went in our elgrands and set up a circuit then raced around blocking round abouts and junctions we would be prosecuted and our insurance would be void and yes i know you can ride two abreast but on a blind corner they should use common sense like i did and slowed for the conditions :mad: rant over

Road races are on roads that's the competition, much more popular now than in my day so I suppose you might come across them more often. As a sport we have had huge huge success in international road racing in recent years, more than I ever thought possible. So one feeds the other really.
Road racing is also an athletic event, roads get closed for running races as well.

You could say that about any road when using a push bike, plenty of a roads more dangerous than a dual carriageway IMO, I've rode a push bike all over, big cities London, Birmingham, Bristol, but the worst are are often 60mph a roads.
Single carriageway a roads I mean.

Back