• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Could be the capacitator.

In Tenerife at the moment. The 83 year old Mother in Law arrived an hour ago to book into the local hotel...a booking that was Paid in full three months ago. A hotel that she had probably spent 5000 euros in bookings over the last 4 years. Despite having the booking on the system showing paid and an email confirmation of full payment the bastards wouldn't give her the room because she couldn't produce her debit card. She had left it at home. Eventually I managed to scrape together 1400 euros cash to get the room and they will refund the card. If we hadn't been here to help they would have let an 83 year old woman sleep on the beach tonight despite having prepaid. Bastards. Sometimes I hate people!!!! If there had been another hotel available I would have told them to right royaly Fuck off!!!! Still raging!!!!!

In Tenerife at the moment. The 83 year old Mother in Law arrived an hour ago to book into the local hotel...a booking that was Paid in full three months ago. A hotel that she had probably spent 5000 euros in bookings over the last 4 years. Despite having the booking on the system showing paid and an email confirmation of full payment the bastards wouldn't give her the room because she couldn't produce her debit card. She had left it at home. Eventually I managed to scrape together 1400 euros cash to get the room and they will refund the card. If we hadn't been here to help they would have let an 83 year old woman sleep on the beach tonight despite having prepaid. Bastards. Sometimes I hate people!!!! If there had been another hotel available I would have told them to right royaly Fuck off!!!! Still raging!!!!!
No way. The bastards. You best leave a damning review instead.

Twats :mad: Don't hold your breath on the refund either (keep checking).

Don't let the idiots ruin your break though mate. Happy New Year to you all

So sorry to hear that @Andys but justifiably you are enraged! Hopefully it will get resolved to your ultimate satisfaction. Wishing you all the best.

I must admit, I am both shaken up and fuming too right now😠😬😦 we had to have the cops called out this morning as we had an attempted burglary/home invasion. Thankfully the neighbour was very vigilant and alerted the police. It really makes you vulnerable. Nothing was taken, but it's the thought of the privacy being invaded that makes me worry. Also, what gives anyone the right to even attempt to steal someone else's property that has been worked hard for and paid for, just so that some lowlife can take it from right under your very nose? In some ways, I can empathise with @Parentalnightmare even though nothing of ours was taken. It's the violation of that personal space. It's disgusting! The cops were understanding, and suggested CCTV but in all honesty, if they are wearing hoodies and balaclavas, what chance is there of them being caught? Even if they are, the courts only throw the case out due to 'lack of evidence' in most cases! Grrrrr 😬😬😬

I must admit, I am both shaken up and fuming too right now😠😬😦 we had to have the cops called out this morning as we had an attempted burglary/home invasion. Thankfully the neighbour was very vigilant and alerted the police. It really makes you vulnerable. Nothing was taken, but it's the thought of the privacy being invaded that makes me worry. Also, what gives anyone the right to even attempt to steal someone else's property that has been worked hard for and paid for, just so that some lowlife can take it from right under your very nose? In some ways, I can empathise with @Parentalnightmare even though nothing of ours was taken. It's the violation of that personal space. It's disgusting! The cops were understanding, and suggested CCTV but in all honesty, if they are wearing hoodies and balaclavas, what chance is there of them being caught? Even if they are, the courts only throw the case out due to 'lack of evidence' in most cases! Grrrrr 😬😬😬
Shit! That's a terrible start to the year for you. I'm glad nothing was taken and you're all ok apart from being shaken by the experience. I think you're neighbour did his good deed for the day. Still it's awful in every way. I'm very sorry to hear it's happened.

If I said what I'd like to do to the low life pricks I'd probably get banned :mad:

As @Claptrap says, I hope you & Mr Magsy are ok & well done to your neighbour too :)

Oh God no, this is horrific. Glad nothing was taken but as you say this isn't really the point, the fact that someone has simply been there, the indignation, how fecking dare they!
Ever since we read parentalnightmare's thread all those weeks ago it really shook me up, so much so when we go out I hide a lot of important items around the house and we also take a load of things on holiday with us now things we don't need but things I really do not want some scummy little shit getting their hands on.
Jeez Maggy, I really feel for you and Mr Magsy, really bloody horrible. Sending you a massive hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PS Congrats on having awesome neighbours, ours are crap.

Thank god your both ok and well done to your neighbour.. most neighbours now days don’t even talk to each other which is just another part of broken Britain I think.. scum bags are just another part also...

Hi ya,
Really sorry what has happened but at least they didn't get to go through the house and all your personal things.
Just have a think about how you would get in to your house if you were locked out and then change things.
I've fitted a metal gate with sharp points on the top (I can hear all of those saying your not supposed to have things like that, because people can get hurt).
Well if they want to try I'll kindly rip their impaled body part from my nice new gate.
I changed where I leave my keys, because they just walked out of my house opening the back door with keys I left on the side by the back door.
I take all keys out of the house now.
I changed the glass in the back windows to plastic laminated, like a windscreen. They need a hammer to get through them now.
Keep all window locks locked.
And installed cctv.
If this helps anyone from being burgled at least I've helped.
Don't give them an easy way in and out of your house.
Take care everyone.

Thank you all for your words of comfort and understanding (and hugs!) 😊 we are both very grateful XX we are both ok, may stay with us for a little while. On a lighter note, we told our cat that she's a terrible guard dog! Lol never alerted us! And when I told her how useless she was She just blinked at me and yawned....lol @Kermit sadly, it does affect you in that kind of way. Shouldn't have to live in constant fear😬 @Phil I know what you are saying....lol I am not one for violence, but if the scumbag is on your property, uninvited, it's trespassing. What's that sign say? Ah yes here it is! Lol

Attachments

• th (3).jpeg
    th (3).jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2
I totally agree @Parentalnightmare we were most fortunate really. And we totally agree with the measures that you have implemented. We will be taking drastic action to stop the little beggars. (As best we can!) It makes my blood boil that you have to do such things, and it is costly. Even if you catch them, if you give them a good dose of 2x4 they can sue you for damages and lost earnings! It's crazy!

If I found or caught them in the house, I would use anything and everything available to hand to make sure they couldn't walk or pick things up again, then say I was afraid for my familys safety. What really could they do to me, and I really wouldn't care. Bring them on the bloody cowards.

We have put carpet grippers along the top of our fence, and when we informed the cops of this, they just said well the fence is over 6 foot, so that's ok! They didn't seemed perturbed by it! We shall be installing a huge gate too, complete with electric fencing! It is drastic but it's terrifying to think what these people are capable of. We've not been in the property all that long, so it was one of those jobs that we intended to do in the spring, but looks like it will be brought forward now.

Back