• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I don't drive it in the rain
It's not made of sugar :joy:

Yesterday was a family affair, WE as a team of three decided to wash and vacuum four cars and save £55 from our local Wash&Scratch.

After a few ‘accidental soakings’ my wife realised it was not worth moaning about it anymore, so we got on with the job.

View attachment 100530

This took a while though with two rookies and a ‘know it all’ that knew nothing, me.

3hrs and four clean cars later, we were done.🤗

Now before we took on this momentous event we obviously studied the weather forecast which predicted good car washing weather for the rest of the day.☀️☀️

Yes you guessed it, I was alone putting all the gear back in the garage (as usual) when it started pi55ing down, and proceeded to Pi55 down for the rest of the day.🌧️🌧️

Wash&Scratch next time, although we did purchase and rather decent PizzaHut tea, deliverooed with our savings.🍕🍕🍕👍
Look at Mr Fancypants here with his boat :p

What idiot on Earth designed droplinks?

The second you put them on they fuse into one and even the "stop it spinning tab" stops working once it's taken some punishment.

Had a good electric wrench the lot, it ate through the nut but it never slackened one time.

Someone should have a fucking word in someone's ear, it can't be that hard for someone to solve ffs. Stupid fucking someone's 😁

Grinder again and I hate grinders.
some of them you can get a thin spanner on them, then take them off with a socket or some of them you can use an allan key and spanner but all of them come off with a grinder. I have been known in the past to go straight for the grinder 🤪

Huge queue on the south bound M40 today thanks to a spontaneously combustible Tesla. Glad I was travelling north bound.
The problem with a BEV fire versus an ICE one is that you can soak a petrol/diesel fire out with foam, starving it of the oxygen it needs to stop burning. Lithium, meanwhile, loves a good water based soaking to increase the intensity of its burn and amplify the problem.
Flooding the market with cheap, Chinese electric cars is going to make the problem worse. You heard it here first. 👍

It was truly an intense fire. When we passed it was all out but there was literally just the shell of the car left and a hole in the hard shoulder. The traffic was still being held and the back up was miles. Looked like they'd used powder on it.

Huge queue on the south bound M40 today thanks to a spontaneously combustible Tesla. Glad I was travelling north bound.

The problem with a BEV fire versus an ICE one is that you can soak a petrol/diesel fire out with foam, starving it of the oxygen it needs to stop burning. Lithium, meanwhile, loves a good water based soaking to increase the intensity of its burn and amplify the problem.
Flooding the market with cheap, Chinese electric cars is going to make the problem worse. You heard it here first. 👍

It was truly an intense fire. When we passed it was all out but there was literally just the shell of the car left and a hole in the hard shoulder. The traffic was still being held and the back up was miles. Looked like they'd used powder on it.

On telly a fire chap said after they have put it out it has to go into isolation for three weeks as it can suddenly ignite again.
Just goes to show how illogical this is, we are just not ready for this shite

Took a photo of the pot chasm that wifey took a day trip down. I intend to bill the council.

There was a truck on the opposite side and it was raining, so she didn't see how deep the hole was.

1000034972.jpg

1000034973.jpg

The whole county is littered with these, and worse.

Instead of repairs, the council puts up "uneven surface" signs.

Took a photo of the pot chasm that wifey took a day trip down. I intend to bill the council.

There was a truck on the opposite side and it was raining, so she didn't see how deep the hole was.

View attachment 100580

View attachment 100581

Horrendous. Disgusting.

View attachment 100580

View attachment 100581

Shocking!!!! One reason why I love living in The Netherlands is the roads are virtually immaculate, it does cost but its worth it!!

Back