• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Drop in the ocean compared to the literal billions claimed fraudulently during Covid that the Government has decided not to investigate. I bet you'd find most of them have their snouts in the trough.

General Election can't come soon enough.
I haven't voted for over twenty years, there isn't a single one of them who genuinely represents us and not themselves, all different, self-serving shades of the same hog. Political discussion is frowned upon on here so I shall say no more.

Tesco profits soar 160% in the cost of living crisis/food inflation.

There's a big surprise.
They get you hooked with clubcard offers, then put the prices up of everything else. A large box of Cooks matches in Tesco is £1.10 you can buy the same box in Home Bargains for 47p, and I am sure Home Bargains are still making a profit on them. And that's only one product, Tesco might match a number of products with other supermarkets, but there are lots of other things that are more expensive. I'm starting to do my own comparisons.

The only thing I use Tesco for is the meal deals whilst at work. Lidl and Aldi are literally the reason we can afford to eat (and run an Elgrand). I'd be fucked otherwise as it's only Tesco, Waitrose or M&S in town.

On February 2, 1905, American philosopher and writer (Russian-born) Alissa Zinovievna, better known in the literary world as Ayn Rand, was born in St. Petersburg, died in March 1982 in New York.
THESE WERE HER WORDS:
When you notice that to produce you need to get permission from those who do not produce anything; when you check that money flows to those who do not deal with goods but with favors; when you realize that many become rich by the bribery and for influence more than by your work and that the laws do not protect you against them, but on the contrary, they are the ones who are protected against you; when you discover that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes a self-sacrifice, then you can assert, without fear of being wrong, that your society is doomed.

On February 2, 1905, American philosopher and writer (Russian-born) Alissa Zinovievna, said ….stuff and this — then you can assert, without fear of being wrong, that your society is doomed.

I like the idea of living in a Domed Society, parking looks a bit crap though.

IMG_4733.jpeg
IMG_4732.jpeg
👍

When you check the weather forecast and it says no rainfall till Monday, so I go outside to start waxing the car and guess what it starts f**king raining! :mad: Even checked the weather. radar and apparently there are no clouds in sight!

Last edited:
When you check the weather forecast and it says no rainfall Monday, so I go outside to start waxing the car and guess what it starts f**king raining! :mad: Even checked the weather. radar and apparently there are no clouds in sight!
Tell me about it. Get it wrong all the time here.
Make it worse I've got my MX-5 service due kind of about now, and I've got to give about a week's notice (dealership). I don't drive it in the rain so I've got to wait until it looks 'settled' on the weather forecast for a week or so, and book and cross my fingers 🤞

I haven't voted for over twenty years, there isn't a single one of them who genuinely represents us and not themselves, all different, self-serving shades of the same hog. Political discussion is frowned upon on here so I shall say no more.

I'm not registered to vote.

It's a rigged game that I'm not willing to participate in.

Yesterday was a family affair, WE as a team of three decided to wash and vacuum four cars and save £55 from our local Wash&Scratch.

After a few ‘accidental soakings’ my wife realised it was not worth moaning about it anymore, so we got on with the job.

IMG_4734.jpeg

This took a while though with two rookies and a ‘know it all’ that knew nothing, me.

3hrs and four clean cars later, we were done.🤗

Now before we took on this momentous event we obviously studied the weather forecast which predicted good car washing weather for the rest of the day.☀️☀️

Yes you guessed it, I was alone putting all the gear back in the garage (as usual) when it started pi55ing down, and proceeded to Pi55 down for the rest of the day.🌧️🌧️

Wash&Scratch next time, although we did purchase and rather decent PizzaHut tea, deliverooed with our savings.🍕🍕🍕👍

Yesterday was a family affair, WE as a team of three decided to wash and vacuum four cars and save £55 from our local Wash&Scratch.

After a few ‘accidental soakings’ my wife realised it was not worth moaning about it anymore, so we got on with the job.

View attachment 100530

This took a while though with two rookies and a ‘know it all’ that knew nothing, me.

3hrs and four clean cars later, we were done.🤗

Now before we took on this momentous event we obviously studied the weather forecast which predicted good car washing weather for the rest of the day.☀️☀️

Yes you guessed it, I was alone putting all the gear back in the garage (as usual) when it started pi55ing down, and proceeded to Pi55 down for the rest of the day.🌧️🌧️

Wash&Scratch next time, although we did purchase and rather decent PizzaHut tea, deliverooed with our savings.🍕🍕🍕👍
I feel your pain, the amount of times I have spend hours cleaning and polishing, only to find the rain starts before you put the cleaning gear away. I still won't use the local 'Hand Car Wash'. Because of the size of the Elgrand the last time I went they used what looked like brooms, that they had just used on a very dirty truck. Where's the hand wash in that? Also when they had finished I noticed the 'E' of Elgrand was hanging off. :mad: So I will continue doing it myself and know it's being done with care, I'm sure you will think the same. And isn't it great in these hard times we have money to spare for a treat. :)

I'm getting a share of that profit, a real tiny one...1•5% of our 2023-24 earnings including bonus & O/T next pay day. Every little helps.
I'm fine with their profits, as I know that Tesco have always got my back. They want what's best for me.

Back