• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

When I looked out my mirror , ow the mess , the body work was bent out , squashed , jawed dropped..and my roll. wasn't eating it, just moving it to a more accessible place as I was near my destination, looking forward to it, had some fancy rolls , not sure why the mss got them, but hey.., not had them before, not often we branch out with new things, I like to try new things but my mss not so much , mustard and pastrami aswel , little stain on the carpet. She did grab a few new bits last shop, she was gone for a while, only 2 workers on 2 tills in a Asda of about 15 tills but suppose that's something for the Asda forum, also I think something else for that forum, I got a Asda dab radio for work for Christmas, wanted that one as it was clearly playing asda radio chanel on the front of box picture, but I've tried and you cannot play asda radio on it!!!
Hmm where was I.
Got to work , there's a bit of cracking to the paintwork and one bolt holding the body work has gone . So gutted , but definitely looked so much worse.
Do you use lots of Coke?

When I looked out my mirror , ow the mess , the body work was bent out , squashed , jawed dropped..and my roll. wasn't eating it, just moving it to a more accessible place as I was near my destination, looking forward to it, had some fancy rolls , not sure why the mss got them, but hey.., not had them before, not often we branch out with new things, I like to try new things but my mss not so much , mustard and pastrami aswel , little stain on the carpettely looked so much worse.

My first take on that was - Checked yourself out in the mirror, found a few new rolls (shirt off presumably?), your missus comes in, you weren't eating it, as you got near your destination there ended up being a stain on the carpet? 🤔

My first take on that was - Checked yourself out in the mirror, found a few new rolls (shirt off presumably?), your missus comes in, you weren't eating it, as you got near your destination there ended up being a stain on the carpet? 🤔
No top off, but rolls where still visible

Boodles £3.2million diamond ring for sale and on display at the Cheltenham Gold Cup, in a tent…..

Steven Mullhern was doing an impromptu trick with it to try and make it disappear off the end of his finger, the poor young Boodles employee gave a nervous laugh and nearly passed out.

WTF

Someone in Watford communicating with someone in Yorkshire. Not going to work.

Do we have a Geordie, Glaswegian or Belfast member who could interpret?
I’m an ex-Watfordite currently in Bedfordshire. Not sure I’ll be much help but I’ll give it a go.

Renewal quote through for the Funbus...
Last year, £346, with an LPG conversion declared.
This year, one reverse-in-a-lamp-post incident... £675.
They couldn't even be benefited to record the claim on the renewal quote .....
Oooooh....yessss. ..
Ooh, noo, noo, noo.
New business based quote...£368.
I distinctly recall that this practice was illegal, but of course the insurers will claim various factors affect the pricing....... Shareholder dividends most likely. 😉

Renewal quote ... £675.
New business based [new customer] quote...£368
It's a tax on the lazy or disorganised... but profits from them allows people like you to head elsewhere every year, do it well in advance, and save £££. It's a good thing¹.

A little over three weeks before appears to be the cheapest time, with it getting increasingly more expensive the closer you leave it.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/12/car-insurance-optimum-time-to-buy/

¹ but not a good thing for me - I'm lazy and disorganised...

It's a tax on the lazy or disorganised... but profits from them allows people like you to head elsewhere every year, do it well in advance, and save £££. It's a good thing¹.

A little over three weeks before appears to be the cheapest time, with it getting increasingly more expensive the closer you leave it.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/12/car-insurance-optimum-time-to-buy/

¹ but not a good thing for me - I'm lazy and disorganised...
Now the insurance companies are just yanking my chain.....
Entered all my details, got offered an acceptable quote.
Click through to their site, complete and tweak all the "extras" (nope, nope, nopiity, nope).
Here's your new price...still good....go to pay ...
"We are unable to accept your quote online"

Excuse me?? You offered me the quote, I accepted, and now you move the goalposts for some nebulous reason.... Currently arguing with a mindless CS rep that the "insurance claims database" is factually incorrect....because my current insurer hasn't closed the claim....🤯😔

Wow wtf please read this if you or any family member, friend etc has a nut allergy, actually to be fair everyone should know this information as you never know who you are cooking for!
My son has a severe nut allergy and always has to carry his epipen, this is a good example why!

https://www.christinascucina.com/hidden-allergens-pink-peppercorns-tree/
I was listening to a podcast recently and peanut allergy was brought up. Seems that the idea of early exposure to nuts/nut products is being mooted again as a way of reducing sensitivity https://www.theguardian.com/society...nut-foods-babies-four-months-cut-allergy-risk

What was the point of booking a long weekend off if all I've done is snotted, coughed, sneezed and farted.... this cold needs to do one and fuck right off🤧🤧🤧🤒🤒

I was listening to a podcast recently and peanut allergy was brought up. Seems that the idea of early exposure to nuts/nut products is being mooted again as a way of reducing sensitivity https://www.theguardian.com/society...nut-foods-babies-four-months-cut-allergy-risk
Years ago I was really into the gym / bodybuilding and I ate quite a lot of tuna, not that I really liked it but for the protein etc. Then I stopped training and didn't eat any tuna for a year or so, then I took a tuna sandwich to work and was violently sick shortly after eating it. Maybe 6 months later I was DJing in Leeds and took a tuna sandwich to eat on the way... Had to pull onto the motorway hardshoulder to be sick. So at that point I realised I'd had tuna both times before being violently sick. But you can buy tuna in brine or oil and I wondered if it was the brine or oil causing the sickness so I decided to try both on separate occasions and both times I was sick (and kicking myself for experimenting but I wanted to know lol). Haven't eaten tuna since then but I wondered if it was the 'shock to the system' of training while eating it, not training and having a long break from eating it, eating it again while not training that created my body's aversion to tuna

not training and having a long break from eating it.
Conversely, I pigged out on fresh steamed prawns on holiday one year, got the bad guts from it (apologies to the flight crew😲🫣) and if I have more than two prawns even now....run away.....😲🌋

Conversely, I pigged out on fresh steamed prawns on holiday one year, got the bad guts from it (apologies to the flight crew😲🫣) and if I have more than two prawns even now....run away.....😲🌋
Popcorn 🍿 is my food nemesis, I'm not allergic to it but it puts my guts into violent fast forward. Just a handful will do it.

Yesterday finished all the jobs on my help desk except pre-booked jobs for future dates, came in today to my boss adding some of my "colleagues" jobs to mine🤬
Used to happen a lot in the civil service department I worked in, usually the workshy slackers who'd dragged their feet all week.

Still happens in Academia, but usually because someone has left/moved departments/told by a useless boss "we don't do that work here anymore"🤔

Used to happen a lot in the civil service department I worked in, usually the workshy slackers who'd dragged their feet all week.
Ditto. Minimal Myrtle* and Lazy Lance* were the bane of my life, but they brought in cakes or biscuits most Fridays so that was OK.
* names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Back