• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

In my youth I went to a GG gig at Reading University, who knew then that he was in the Jimmy Saville gang. Then later in life I joined a band and went on to discover that the singer was a nonse who had been let back out into the community. The suspicions arose as he didn't have a computer or mobile, only a land line, so the drummer did a search and found the truth and we quickly disbanded. These people should never see the light of day again if they've been busted.

Allegedly he was grassed up by another "inmate" .... no honour there considering most of them in the hostel are all Nonces.. he refused all help in prison regarding different programs regarding sex offenders, so yes. Hope he dies behind bars...
That's the irony, isn't it?
Part of his bail conditions would have included not associating with other sex offenders, yet the authorities bung them all together.
Happens a lot in my town. The local authority gets cash bung to take them as nobody wants them.

Wow watch out for this new bullsh*t scheme taking place in the UK guys! :mad:
"New Tesco petrol policy takes £120 from your bank account no matter how much petrol you get"

https://www.ladbible.com/news/tesco-petrol-policy-120-bank-account-231004-20230315
That happens here quite a lot if you use the 24/24 pay at pump stations. They immediately debit 200€ from your account then refund the difference when you've finished filling up. Some banks won't entertain it and so don't authorise payment on the card.

Wow watch out for this new bullsh*t scheme taking place in the UK guys! :mad:
"New Tesco petrol policy takes £120 from your bank account no matter how much petrol you get"

https://www.ladbible.com/news/tesco-petrol-policy-120-bank-account-231004-20230315
Its been the case for several months now. But it doesn't actually take the money from your account. It does a brief pending payment to the value of 120, to make sure funds are there. As soon as your done it does the transaction of the value of fuel you actually buy.
Stops the old way where it used to take £1 and then people would fill up and bounce the final payment.

What Would happen if there wasn’t £120 in the account ?
In theory it should allow you to fill up to the amount you have available. Whether or not that works as it should depends on the software of the petrol station and your bank.
This isn't exclusive to Tesco. Several companies have been using this for a long time now. It's exactly the same as when you stay in a hotel and they take a pre authorisation from your credit card.
If you're not happy with this then always pay in the kiosk rather than at the pump then there is no pre authorisation.

In theory it should allow you to fill up to the amount you have available. Whether or not that works as it should depends on the software of the petrol station and your bank.

That might partially answer my question then - Why £120 and not (say) £150? I mean if the pump allows you to fill with 100 litres and it's £1.50 per litre that'd be £150's worth of fuel someone could fill with and the forecourt would still be down by £30 if there was only £120 in the account, or down £150 if they only tried to take £150 (didn't try to take the £120). Or does the pump shut-off at £120?

That might partially answer my question then - Why £120 and not (say) £150? I mean if the pump allows you to fill with 100 litres and it's £1.50 per litre that'd be £150's worth of fuel someone could fill with and the forecourt would still be down by £30 if there was only £120 in the account, or down £150 if they only tried to take £150 (didn't try to take the £120). Or does the pump shut-off at £120?
I think the card issuers have agreed a maximum of £120 but each retailer can set their own lower limit if they want to.
So you wont get a pre authorisation amount greater than £120 but if you don't have that amount of credit you might get a lower sum.
This from Visa explains it all

I remember watching a TV programme he was on when I was maybe 12 years old, I forget which programme it was but he was in the middle of a group of kids around my age and I was shocked to see the way he touched at least one of the girls. From that point on I always thought he was a perv and wasn't surprised when it all came out, only surprised he managed to blatantly get away with it for so long.

What Would happen if there wasn’t £120 in the account ?
If it can't take a pending payment of 120 it won't allow you to pay at pump and asks you to pay in the kiosk.
£120 is the maximum pay at pump limit at tesco. Used to be £99 before the price hikes of petrol, then they upped it so people could still fill their tanks

As John says paying in kiosk there is no limit.
(Edit. Though it might still shut off at £120)
This whole issue of taking the money first only really causes a problem for people, if they are buying petrol outside the kiosk opening hours, and don't have enough money in their bank accounts.

You just have to be a bit forward thinking. If your skint go to the kiosk. If your flush you can use pay at pump

£120 in fuel.....thank goodness for LPG, max out at about £74 if I'm totally dry and can squeeze in 93 litres. (though if @Lpgc every starting fitting twin tank systems, I'm in trouble...😀)
Pumps usually shut-off at 100 litres but if you need more than 100 litres you can usually put the filler back in the pump, pull it out again, reconnect to the car and continue filling (kiosk staff will usually restart the pump if you do that), then obviously pay for the total when you go in the kiosk. Or worst case scenario - fill with 100 litres, try the above, kiosk staff won't restart the pump until you've paid for the first lot, have to go in the kiosk to pay, come back out and continue filling, go back in the kiosk to pay for the 2nd lot.

Heh, I fill with around 240 litres of LPG per week... But that's filling 3 cars up (including one of my own), 2 of them are customer cars and I pass the cost of the fuel on to the customer.

When I looked out my mirror , ow the mess , the body work was bent out , squashed , jawed dropped..and my roll. wasn't eating it, just moving it to a more accessible place as I was near my destination, looking forward to it, had some fancy rolls , not sure why the mss got them, but hey.., not had them before, not often we branch out with new things, I like to try new things but my mss not so much , mustard and pastrami aswel , little stain on the carpet. She did grab a few new bits last shop, she was gone for a while, only 2 workers on 2 tills in a Asda of about 15 tills but suppose that's something for the Asda forum, also I think something else for that forum, I got a Asda dab radio for work for Christmas, wanted that one as it was clearly playing asda radio chanel on the front of box picture, but I've tried and you cannot play asda radio on it!!!
Hmm where was I.
Got to work , there's a bit of cracking to the paintwork and one bolt holding the body work has gone . So gutted , but definitely looked so much worse.

Back