• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I have a new battery waiting🤯

Yup, that's another 2weeks then, although just arranged to have it delivered to mine this weekend so I can start sorting out the stereo, clean it etc
got V5c this morning my previously rejected paperwork was sent recorded to swansea on 4th September so that will give you an idea of how long they are taking

Thanks @Deand my second attempt of the paperwork went in the post last week, so I expect another 7-10 days yet, cheers

got V5c this morning my previously rejected paperwork was sent recorded to swansea on 4th September so that will give you an idea of how long they are taking

Last edited:
Hi guys, finally collected the Elgrand from Lee at LA IVA Services in Southampton today. This is the first time I have seen and driven this vehicle in flesh as was imported via Jap Auto Agent and am so pleased with not only the condition and drive but the little extras like little blue led lights in doors, folding mirrors etc. Now it looks like I have to wait four weeks for nova to send me letter... The wait is going to kill with it sitting outside house!!

I did not get my papers, plates or regstation. Almost been 3 weeks. Still can not drive anywhere with my Elgrand. So now they tell me I will have everything in Wednesday. Never heard so many different stories and lies. I am just so over it.
Then trying to sort the double din it came with. Seems it was swopped and stuff removed.
Started it up to see if we can get flip down tv to show image. Even though we have no audio. In the process heavy gas type fumes from exhaust and some white smoke.
I have not even had the pleasure of driving around with my van and now I feel like I have been screwed over big time.

Another day goes by, 8 days they've had so far, how hard can it be?

When your trying to make a good first impression to your new German college by showing off the van a bit ..... And you trap your fingers with the drivers door when switching the side door switch!
FUUUUCK!
Propper trapped!!!
Couldn't move.
I screamed like a girl.
Not cool.
Oh well - whistling the Dads army theme tune for the next two days made me smile and made up for everything.
But oh and he looved the van big time.

Attachments

• 20180928_173900.jpg
    20180928_173900.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 23
I did not get my papers, plates or regstation. Almost been 3 weeks. Still can not drive anywhere with my Elgrand. So now they tell me I will have everything in Wednesday. Never heard so many different stories and lies. I am just so over it.
Then trying to sort the double din it came with. Seems it was swopped and stuff removed.
Started it up to see if we can get flip down tv to show image. Even though we have no audio. In the process heavy gas type fumes from exhaust and some white smoke.
I have not even had the pleasure of driving around with my van and now I feel like I have been screwed over big time.
That sucks. Don't know the regs and procedures in SA but cant you have any comeback from dealer if engine prob?

That sucks. Don't know the regs and procedures in SA but cant you have any comeback from dealer if engine prob?
Good news got my papers. Just in time yesterday late afternoon. Had to take aload of scouts to a hike trip.

I bought my van from a private person. There is no dealers in SA where you can buy them from. So private people bring them in. They register it as a rebuild.

Barsuards!! Had a call from the body shop today ( yes he was working) said repaint of front bumber had been a complete arse as the seller who ( tidied up) a couple of scrapes had used some 1 stage crap and blown it in all over the bumper. It reacted to the 1st of the 3 stage layer job he was doing. dreading the bill! AGGGGHHHHHHH

Barsuards!! Had a call from the body shop today ( yes he was working) said repaint of front bumber had been a complete arse as the seller who ( tidied up) a couple of scrapes had used some 1 stage crap and blown it in all over the bumper. It reacted to the 1st of the 3 stage layer job he was doing. dreading the bill! AGGGGHHHHHHH
Ah nightmare. Hope it's not too bad. 🤞

Pearl white? I'm wondering if that's why a lot of Elgrands are 2 tone (like mine). Makes sense really - expensive paint higher up & crappier stuff on bumpers etc. which take the scrapes.

Good luck anyway @Easy Rider - hope it's not too expensive

Pearl white? I'm wondering if that's why a lot of Elgrands are 2 tone (like mine). Makes sense really - expensive paint higher up & crappier stuff on bumpers etc. which take the scrapes.

Good luck anyway @Easy Rider - hope it's not too expensive
That kinda explains why mine has a couple of touch ups in normal white. 😟
Moving get those touch ups sorted to the bottom of my jobs list.

You can get touch up kits for DIY but it is a 3 stage thing as far as I know - as @Easy Rider mentions above
the dealer who sold it had his "paint man" do the tidy ups, said he was doing 3stage properly.. to be fair, colour looked ok ish but I had a crack that needed bonding and painting.

Back