• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

It's all kicking off Terminal2 at Manchester Airport, 'suspicious package found'

It’ll be bobs fault
My thoughts exactly.

In all seriousness can you imagine after all the Covid restrictions eventually managing to get away then this kicks off? Nightmare

So I get a phone call - can you service my machine?
Q. Yes when do you want me?
A. ASAP but first we need check you out with companies house, then we have to do a due diligence on your company and check with some current reference customers.
Then we have to set you up as a supplier.
After that, can you send us the attached Covid check form, overseas visitor locator form, your vaccination certificate, your company liability certificate, the attached pre-induction form, your general 'risk assessment form' , a specific 'risk assessment form' for this job (16 pages!!) and your 'method statement' ..... Please!
A. Yeah sure.

Get on site and I have to redo the covid check form because it's out of date already.
Then the 1 hour induction video starts.
Then the induction quiz questionnaire has to be completed.
Then the H&S site tour.
Then PPE training.
Then meet the team.
Then complete the 'safestart' quick risk prediction form.
Then the on site 'contractor work locator' form.
Eventually sort out responsibility for 'LOTO' (Lock Out Tag Out).
Then.. Finally... I get my permit to work.
For today.... And its 1pm!!!!!!
FFS!
It's only a Fkin toothbrush factory!!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrr
Don't get me started on Risk Assessments and Method Statements FFS!

Ours was a Wet-Wipe factory and we accidently contravened their "sharps" policy by opening a box with a 1" pen-knife! The shit-storm that kicked off went to board level.... WTF!

I love H&S... Did some shadowing on a construction site with an on-site paramedic.... The reports for minor cuts were the stuff of legend.... " The victim/casualty sustained injuries to...."
Like he was writing a postmortem on a corpse.

Hopefully all this time is billable, though @Steve Thompson ? In which case, think of the moolah. Helps me when things are a little stupefying 🤭
I don't blame the law or the guidelines, I blame the fuckwit they employ to apply the rules as they see fit.

Ours was a Wet-Wipe factory and we accidently contravened their "sharps" policy by opening a box with a 1" pen-knife! The shit-storm that kicked off went to board level.... WTF!
We never got the knife back.... :(

It's beyond.
All open blades are banned including Stanley knives.
There is even a Seperate training course on the safe use of sizzors.
Caught using sizzors without completing the course and your sacked!!

Well just think yourself lucky you didn't pass out. I twisted my ankle on my lunch break and passed out from the sudden pain. Licences revoked, employment terminated. I was a bus driver and my licence is my livlihood. Anyhow they HAVE to give it back next month and I'll be doing my hgv.

So my normal machine service becomes a 'oh..... by the way, we do have some other problems we haven't told you about' !!!!
FFS!!!!
Here we go.......
Sort a bit of it out then cut my finger.
Not bad, the sort of cut Simon gets 3 times a day.
No problem.
But someone sees it!!!!
FFS!!!!!
3 First aiders and the crash trolley turn up!!!!!
I have to sit down with a nurse for 20 mins!!!!!
Two sets of H&S people turn up, take photos & statements.
Top brass turn up to take a statement to assess the situation.
FUCK OFF ALL OF YOU.
I'VE GOT A MACHINE TO FIX.....
Gotta go back tomorrow now.
I would have stuck the finger in my mouth, but after twenty minutes they
It's beyond.
All open blades are banned including Stanley knives.
There is even a Seperate training course on the safe use of sizzors.
Caught using sizzors without completing the course and your sacked!!
OH FFS! The last time I wasn't allowed scissors was over 50 years ago! If a company (that makes wet-wipes ffs!) has a sharps policy then, to my mind, they employ people who are prone to stabbing colleagues.

Well just think yourself lucky you didn't pass out. I twisted my ankle on my lunch break and passed out from the sudden pain. Licences revoked, employment terminated. I was a bus driver and my licence is my livlihood. Anyhow they HAVE to give it back next month and I'll be doing my hgv.
How the times are changing! Twenty years ago my brother, a class 1 driver, was suffering severe chest pains so pulled over, secured his load and THEN dialled 999 (after dialling the yard to say what he was doing FFS).
He'd suffered a collapsed lung and spent a week in hospital after which he was back in his artic hauling loads. Often wonder how many forms he would have had to have filled in these days to get back to his job.......

Rosa Klebb would be out of a job straight away..
Funny that you posted that up as my Aunt was friends with Connery when she was living and working in the Bahamas for a director that knew Flemming, small world as they say.

Funny that you posted that up as my Aunt was friends with Connery when she was living and working in the Bahamas for a director that knew Flemming, small world as they say.
We are only six handshakes away from everyone else in the world....

Tuesday evening on the way to see my lad and my folks, still basking in the glow of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat whilst changing the spark plugs, I merged onto the M1 and set the cruise control. Next second, BANG....followed by what was almost like driving on a road when they've ground the top few inches off. What the FUCK?! Didn't feel like a puncture but I couldn't see all of the tyres so pulled onto the hard-shoulder (yep, there is still some left) and slowed down trying to work out if it was a tyre or something else. Stopped and stuck my head out the window and both tyres were fine. Jumped out the passenger side door, both tyres fine.
I'd noticed the whining from the rear getting louder recently, and the night before on a three-hour run to Sheffield and back it was more obvious. Maybe it's a wheel bearing and it's finally broke down I wondered. Shit, better get off the motorway and try and have a better look.
Off at the next and pulled up around the corner I had a quick look under it and a swing on the wheels. Nothing obvious, but after coming off the motorway if felt and sounded ok. Took the back roads home steady and it was, fine. The whine was still there but no sign of the noise/vibration on the motorway. I'll have a better look under it at the weekend.
I'm now wondering if the lane I was in on the motorway had some damage I couldn't see. The bang was like hitting a joint in the road onto a poor surface. Pretty confusing. Got the same journey tomorrow (in the Juke) so I'll be checking out that bit of road..

Tuesday evening on the way to see my lad and my folks, still basking in the glow of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat whilst changing the spark plugs, I merged onto the M1 and set the cruise control. Next second, BANG....followed by what was almost like driving on a road when they've ground the top few inches off. What the FUCK?! Didn't feel like a puncture but I couldn't see all of the tyres so pulled onto the hard-shoulder (yep, there is still some left) and slowed down trying to work out if it was a tyre or something else. Stopped and stuck my head out the window and both tyres were fine. Jumped out the passenger side door, both tyres fine.
I'd noticed the whining from the rear getting louder recently, and the night before on a three-hour run to Sheffield and back it was more obvious. Maybe it's a wheel bearing and it's finally broke down I wondered. Shit, better get off the motorway and try and have a better look.
Off at the next and pulled up around the corner I had a quick look under it and a swing on the wheels. Nothing obvious, but after coming off the motorway if felt and sounded ok. Took the back roads home steady and it was, fine. The whine was still there but no sign of the noise/vibration on the motorway. I'll have a better look under it at the weekend.
I'm now wondering if the lane I was in on the motorway had some damage I couldn't see. The bang was like hitting a joint in the road onto a poor surface. Pretty confusing. Got the same journey tomorrow (in the Juke) so I'll be checking out that bit of road..
Could the Anti Roll Bar have sheared?
Glad your safe and now in a clean pair!

Snobby ungrateful neighbours on our local WhatsApp group, too much time on their hands, the entitled rubbish they come out with is awful, only stay on for the very occaisional useful bit of info

Snobby ungrateful neighbours on our local WhatsApp group, too much time on their hands, the entitled rubbish they come out with is awful, only stay on for the very occaisional useful bit of info
Any further info on this, David? I am intrigued (nosy) 🤔

Back