• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

We are only six handshakes away from everyone else in the world....

I can achieve the 6 degrees of Kevin bacon in 5 moves.

My mate is friends with the guy who played Jake Moon in EastEnders
He was in EastEnders with Maureen Oldman
Maureen is Gary Oldman sister
Gary Oldman was in Criminal Law with Kevin Bacon.
Which would likely lead to 6 handshakes from anyone in Hollywood. Now pass me the caviar deary.
Ok carry on.

I can achieve the 6 degrees of Kevin bacon in 5 moves.

My mate is friends with the guy who played Jake Moon in EastEnders
He was in EastEnders with Maureen Oldman
Maureen is Gary Oldman sister
Gary Oldman was in Criminal Law with Kevin Bacon.
Which would likely lead to 6 handshakes from anyone in Hollywood. Now pass me the caviar deary.
Ok carry on.
I was two handshakes away from Sir Richard Attenborough, my mate knocked him flying outside Channel Four's HQ, accidently I may add. This will get me at least three away from most people in Hollywood, I did the same to "Jim McDonald" outside Granada studios in Manchester so that's me two away from every actor that featured in the British Soap Awards as well as Phillip Schofield (probably)
Three away from John Lennon (and, by default four away from the rest of the music world) by virtue of my mate "Aussie" who was in school with Julian Lennon.
Come to think of it, my mum worked with Paul McCartney's cousin, my dad shared a pint with Tony Hancock and a handshake with Morecambe & Wise, he also shook hands with Little Richard when he was assistant manager of the London Road Odeon in Liverpool.
I think I can manage two degrees to the Queen via the son of the Marchioness of Anglesey whose computer I repaired back in the 90's

*EDIT my dad was assistant manger NOT Little Richard lol

Last edited:
Went for a quick weekend away friday,
Saturday decided to go out but noticed the dog was struggling a little after playing with nephews new puppy in true staffy style
Decided to cage her for an hour to calm her down( she lay down and slept)
Walked past her 30mins later and she wasn’t snoring so checked her (passed away) gutted just doesn’t describe how we all feel——two and a half year old blue staffy, I mean what the fuck 😢
I’m so sorry for your loss. I have a staffy too. This is incredibly sad x

I'm not saying every BMW driver is a cabbage.
But........ FFS!!!!
WHY.

Somewhere on a BMW forum is the same picture with, 'stupid non BMW drivers parked in my spot' caption under it 😁

Alternatively, maybe you parked next to him just for propaganda photograph purposes 🤔😮😂

Somewhere on a BMW forum is the same picture with, 'stupid non BMW drivers parked in my spot' caption under it 😁

Alternatively, maybe you parked next to him just for propaganda photograph purposes 🤔😮😂
The Elgrand being an older vehicle, you'd have to conclude it was more likely to have been parked there first...

That said, both drivers reversed in so they must be decent sorts - it's the ones that go in forwards that need watching...

@RuskinStreet I completely forgot that for 2 years I worked with Sir David Frost personal chauffeur. That's a lot of historical handshakes. Sod Kevin Bacon I've shook hands with president Nixon and Mohammed Ali.

The Elgrand being an older vehicle, you'd have to conclude it was more likely to have been parked there first...

That said, both drivers reversed in so they must be decent sorts - it's the ones that go in forwards that need watching...
Either that or it just means neither needed to access the boot.

On the options list, "brain container in lieu of Glove Box"

Mind you, seems Audi drivers now have a lobotomy upon delivery of their new car.
I like the least checked item on the BMW/Audi/M-B option list..
..Indicators. 😁

I like the least checked item on the BMW/Audi/M-B option list..
..Indicators. 😁
The most irritating thing about the indicators on the BMW is this two position nonsense. A light flick, they blink three times,. Which doesn't strike me as being sufficient to notify other road users of your intentions. A more difficult nudge and the indicators believe as normal.
There's also some weirdness with the intermittent wipers not really being intermittent, which makes me wonder why you're given a switch to vary the interval, which doesn't vary the interval.....

Course, if you switch between an Elgrand and something European, your indicators are sometimes "optional" too ...😂

My BMW wipers were crap. Fastest couldn't clear the tears from a middle aged woman watching a romantic novel on TV.

There's someone on Facebook selling Elgrands as a dealer staying 'undersealing is optional'.
Well, it is, if you want it to rust away in critical areas in record time, especially being by the sea.
Poor.

There's someone on Facebook selling Elgrands as a dealer staying 'undersealing is optional'.
Well, it is, if you want it to rust away in critical areas in record time, especially being by the sea.
Poor.
To be fair though people have different expectations of underseal. Most dealers just bosh it with waxoyl, or similar. But if you want a better quality one thers no point paying for that service to then take it else where, for say a dinitrol treatment where they'd want to remove the waxoyl first

Must just be my take, I'd rather the dealer did something which give me some protection and then at a later stage, I could opt for something a bit more substantial.
Also, to the layman, "waxoyl" is like "hoover". A broad generic term covering anything that sucks.

Back