• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

It's a Honda... but it may help!...

Having my first car with coil packs and now knowing how dam tight they are to remove I feel your pain. 😣. And mine are on a golf right in front of me. But on an Elgrand 😲. I'm not helping things am I. The glue thing is an option but it would have to be a dam good glue.

What is access like, is there anything exposed for maul grips, or long nose pliers into the bore? Drilling isn't an option, can't risk swarf dropping through as you remove the plug.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions folks, I swore some more and moved onto No.5, which thankfully after some twisting and pushing foreplay pulled out quite easily. I think I should have twisted them and gave a little push first just to release them from the plug or bore, whichever holds on tightest, instead of just pulling up on them. Something to remember for next time I NEVER DO THIS.

It put up a good fight but after 20 minutes of three-finger wrestling, as that's all I could get into the damned space around it, it was forcibly evicted (thank God for those years of three-finger exercises! :p). The relief that came over me when it started moving was intense. Anyway, the two parts just pushed together with a little spit to ease it in until it bottomed out.

I swear if this thing wasn't parked next to the house I'd set it on fire. How the heck am I going to get the rest of the coil pack out of the bore now?? Number 3 you can just get right in the fucking sea.
View attachment 63499
Ballache - as you probably already know the body of the coil pack seizes against the coil pack tube, this combined with a rubberised plug insulater which often sticks to the plug, results in the brittle tube shearing off.
You are working in a tiny space so this fix I used maybe Impossible, but here goes-
Drench the coil pack hole in spray silicone, leave for a while to soak.
Use an M8 tap to bite into the remaining part of the plastic coil pack tube.
I used a 3/8 drive ratchet with a 5.5mm socket to rotate the tap.
Once you have a good bite, grip the tap with a pair of vice grips and lever the tap upwards, to do this use a wooden dowl (I used 6” piece of broom handle) as a pivot point and push the vice grips down.
I did this in restricted access when my No 4 coil pack sheared on my V8 Audi.
Hope this helps.

well my soul-destroying day started with Screwfix i needed 6 5mx20mm bolts with locknuts you guest it out of stock go to tw0 halfords can only get 3 bolts and no nuts in one and out of stock in the other so back home to take my radio out but cant find my push in bars to get it out so back to halfords nope they have none so they check with another store yes we have them so of i pop only to find they are not the ones so came home and banged my head on a wall it was more satisfying

well my soul-destroying day started with Screwfix i needed 6 5mx20mm bolts with locknuts you guest it out of stock go to tw0 halfords can only get 3 bolts and no nuts in one and out of stock in the other so back home to take my radio out but cant find my push in bars to get it out so back to halfords nope they have none so they check with another store yes we have them so of i pop only to find they are not the ones so came home and banged my head on a wall it was more satisfying
What about the paint?

Well who are we going to blame now?

So driving back from Beverley in Yorkshire today I spotted 4 Elgrand's, 3 on the 66 and 1 about ten miles from home, I flashed and waved at them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing, nada, zilch what the fuck am I driving, a klingon B'rel class bird of pray with full cloaking device or the exact same vehicle mirror image in fact of what there driving coming in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
So driving back from Beverley in Yorkshire today I spotted 4 Elgrand's, 3 on the 66 and 1 about ten miles from home, I flashed and waved at them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing, nada, zilch what the fuck am I driving a klingon B'rel class bird of pray with full cloaking device or the exact same vehicle mirror image in fact of what there driving coming in the opposite direction.
Probably Londoners.

So driving back from Beverley in Yorkshire today I spotted 4 Elgrand's, 3 on the 66 and 1 about ten miles from home, I flashed and waved at them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing, nada, zilch what the fuck am I driving a klingon B'rel class bird of pray with full cloaking device or the exact same vehicle mirror image in fact of what there driving coming in the opposite direction.
Who's this Beverly lass as I have a black Elgrand?

So driving back from Beverley in Yorkshire today I spotted 4 Elgrand's, 3 on the 66 and 1 about ten miles from home, I flashed and waved at them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing, nada, zilch what the fuck am I driving, a klingon B'rel class bird of pray with full cloaking device or the exact same vehicle mirror image in fact of what there driving coming in the opposite direction.
I waved at some miserable twat on the A483 today and washed my windscreen in his honour! (driven four different vehicles today and was old and confused). No response........... b'stard

@Bob Edwards have I read this correctly? you need six 5metre bolts, have you traded in the Elgrand for the QEII??
Never mind Screwfix and Halfords, did you try Cammell Lairds?

When have the French been anything other than revolting lol
When they had monkeys and surrender'd whilst running away?

Had family that fought in France helping them out, they do not hold them in high regard and have a few stories to tell regarding their cowardice.

Back