• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Here's a general rant thread... let all of that pent up anger out!

Go!
Any members out there reading this thread, please help to bury any bad feeling in the past by posting something that is pissing you off. The wife, kids, neighbour or the bastard who cut you up this morning let's get on with complaining about the world in general. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

I got to drive a shitty smart car till my mass sensor turns up a 1.1 3 cylinder plastic hunk of junk just writing this is pissing me off an absolute joke so if you think things are shit when you wake up in the morning imagine your self driving to work in a fucking smart car ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ซ

Could it be a sensor problem similar to @Richard Fox I wonder? What part of the Midlands are you in @blingo - I've got an icarsoft reader if you're not too far away

Dear Phil ,
What a top bloke you are Sir.
Members like you make for a great club indeed !

Where else would you get people suggesting ideas and solutions in order to help other people out .

And to top all of the above off , offer your fault reader too !
Absolutely fantastic service Phil .
Well done fella .๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Cheers, Nathan ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I wouldnโ€™t mind but itโ€™s got a fucking Mitsubishi engine in it what the actual fuck !!

I had a Mitsubishi L200 animal pick up before I got my Elgrand.
Worst vehicle I've ever owned ! First the cylinder head gasket went , had that done and a moth later , the gearbox went ๐Ÿ˜•
Didn't even bother to get it fixed ! Listed it on eBay with the faults and sold it at a loss .
Bought my Elgrand and never looked back !

Worst vehicle I've ever owned ! First the cylinder head gasket went , had that done and a moth later , the gearbox went ๐Ÿ˜•
Didn't even bother to get it fixed ! Listed it on eBay with the faults and sold it at a loss .

Yep l200s head gasket turbo transmission utter shite

Yep l200s head gasket turbo transmission utter shite

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Couldn't agree with you more Sir .
All of the above together ! plus poor steering lock (turning circle ) / short ranged manual gear change / hideous diesel fuel consumption and no engine power whatsoever, couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding !!!!
Couldn't wait to see the back of it ! Infact , when it sold on eBay and the new owner loaded it on to the back of the recovery truck and drove away down the road , i went to the fridge and had a celebratory beer!๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

See I run an L200 for almost 10 years and 9 of those were trouble free, in fact other than Tyres and brakes it sailed through its MOT year after year. In fact the only time it really played up was about 2 weeks after I won my Elgrand in Japan, the l200 died a fuel pump related death but until then it was brilliant

Which reminds me need to list L200 on eBay as spares or repair ๐Ÿ˜

My company truck is a L200... agree with all of the above...itโ€™s a 64 plate and the most basic model...not even central locking or electric windows.. itโ€™s shit... one of the most uncomfortable things Iโ€™ve driven...feels like driving a boat

See I run an L200 for almost 10 years and 9 of those were trouble free, in fact other than Tyres and brakes it sailed through its MOT year after year. In fact the only time it really played up was about 2 weeks after I won my Elgrand in Japan, the l200 died a fuel pump related death but until then it was brilliant

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Gosh !!!
You had a good run there Chris ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Nine years trouble free from a L200 ๐Ÿ˜จ

I only had my 55 plate for less than a year .

Maybe, your one knew it was going to be replaced by a super comfy / multi-tasking / ultra reliable / magnificent 7/8 seater ever made and decided to give you a bit of grief at the last hour ?
We are all very privileged owners indeed to be driving these most impressive vehicles that put all European van manufacturers to shame .

What a great vehicle the Elgrand is .๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Pretty sure its camshaft sensor @blingo as @Phil mentioned above. Mine behaved exactly the same way cut out a few times on the motorway and then would not start later on when I got it home! Camshaft sensor solved the problem and also made the engine a lot smoother and quieter!

Pretty sure its camshaft sensor @blingo as @Phil mentioned above. Mine behaved exactly the same way cut out a few times on the motorway and then would not start later on when I got it home! Camshaft sensor solved the problem and also made the engine a lot smoother and quieter!

Dear Richard,
What a very nice person you are Sir !
You are such a valued member of this club and a complete mine of information , always ready to help other members no matter what .
Your information is exactly what poor blingo wants to hear and I bet your response has cheared him up no end , especially as he is going on holiday in it in two weeks time .
It's people like you who make this club fantastic .
Well done Sir .
Cheers , Nathan ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for your kind words @Nathane69 always happy to help fellow members with my knowledge
Had a strange thing happen to the white Elgrand yesterday; went to start it absolutely nothing not even an interior light would work! Tried jump starting it off next doors car as the silver one is currently brakless! Again nothing even with jump starting! When it came to fiddling with the gear shift and moving it from P to N all of a sudden the lights appeared on the dash, tried starting it and boom alive she came! How strange!

If anyone has this problem then it might be worth fiddling with the gearshifter did the trick for me!!! :)

Thanks for your kind words @Nathane69 always happy to help fellow members with my knowledge
Had a strange thing happen to the white Elgrand yesterday; went to start it absolutely nothing not even an interior light would work! Tried jump starting it off next doors car as the silver one is currently brakless! Again nothing even with jump starting! When it came to fiddling with the gear shift and moving it from P to N all of a sudden the lights appeared on the dash, tried starting it and boom alive she came! How strange!

If anyone has this problem then it might be worth fiddling with the gearshifter did the trick for me!!! :)

Your welcome,
I always pay compliments where due, and you Sir , deserve many indeed !

Once again, you have proved my point in your excellent post regarding gear selector.

I'm glad you got your vehicle sorted .

Mind you , you could have used one of your C fives as a run around if you couldn't have got your Elgrand started .๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for all you do .

Cheers , Nathan

First thought was camshaft sensor - had the same happen on other cars but only a four cylinder with the one sensor. Would it completely kill the power if one of them was failing on a twin cam?

Thanks for the offer of the code reader - I'm near Nottingham so probably a bit far away. Will try and get my own if I can't get it over to Brian before the weekend.

Damn - I'm in the West Mids. @Richard Fox diagnosed his with datascan 2 if you get stuck mate. Let us know how you get on & hope you sort it ready for your hols.

Dear Phil ,
What a top bloke you are Sir.
Members like you make for a great club indeed !

Where else would you get people suggesting ideas and solutions in order to help other people out .

And to top all of the above off , offer your fault reader too !
Absolutely fantastic service Phil .
Well done fella .๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Cheers, Nathan ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Nathan. Will always try to help if I can mate.

Just like you with the old fella who nearly collapsed the other week. :)

Just read the codes - showing up as crank position sensor. Just hope it is actually the sensor and not the wiring.

Just read the codes - showing up as crank position sensor. Just hope it is actually the sensor and not the wiring.

Thats the sensor at the rear of the block if I remember rightly @blingo , the two camshaft sensors are located at the front. What was the error code that was thrown up?

Thats the sensor at the rear of the block if I remember rightly @blingo , the two camshaft sensors are located at the front. What was the error code that was thrown up?
Yes that sounds right. Code was P0335, logged twice- which fits as it died twice!

Just tried the bluetooth dongle I bought to double check. Did it work? Did it feck. Not suprised - so many of these available, it's impossible to know what you are actually buying.

Brian is going to check on availability of the sensor tomorrow - I'd rather get it via him and have him fit it if possible.

Back