• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

There's also the "dog in the manger" drivers. My drive to work is down a lot of narrow lanes. If someone comes up behind me I'll look for a passing place, pull in and let them past. Since the lockdown I'm meeting increasing numbers of people who are driving along these lanes at 3-12 mph. They seem to be out for a nice drive in the countryside. However they show no interest in letting other traffic past and no shame about holding up people who are working because they are "critical workers". Last week I followed someone for eight miles before getting to a straight section of road with two lanes. I passed him and then had to put up with him sitting inches off the back bumper of my car flashing his lights frantically. I had given him plenty of room, not tailgated him, not flashed my lights at him or sounded my horn. I had waited patiently until it was safe to pass.

I swear some of them think overtaking is illegal.

There's also the "dog in the manger" drivers. My drive to work is down a lot of narrow lanes. If someone comes up behind me I'll look for a passing place, pull in and let them past. Since the lockdown I'm meeting increasing numbers of people who are driving along these lanes at 3-12 mph. They seem to be out for a nice drive in the countryside. However they show no interest in letting other traffic past and no shame about holding up people who are working because they are "critical workers". Last week I followed someone for eight miles before getting to a straight section of road with two lanes. I passed him and then had to put up with him sitting inches off the back bumper of my car flashing his lights frantically. I had given him plenty of room, not tailgated him, not flashed my lights at him or sounded my horn. I had waited patiently until it was safe to pass.

I swear some of them think overtaking is illegal.
I have to admit that I would have slammed on my brakes or gently slowed to a stop and asked the other driver " were you born an arse hole or have you worked on it all your life?"

Used to get that years back from the same idiot every night, after thinking for a short while one night whilst he was tailgating In the wet I turned on my fog lights and put my foot down at the same time---will never forget the panic as he slammed his anchors on thinking i'd done the same

Lol I used to do that but rest my left foot on the brake just enough for the lights to come on and floor the right one.

The best thing is a strobe light pointing backwards. Soon stops 'em.

blue by any chance that stops them

The Elgrand has a lot to answer for. Currently have a 2006 Smart Roadster Coupe and Boris. Not getting any younger, so thought it would be a good idea to splash out on a replacement for the Roadster. Took boss to test drive a 2017 MX-5. 7,000 miles absolutely stunning car. The result "It's a bit low down. I prefer to sit higher up". :sob::sob::sob::sob:
That's my dream car down the toilet. :worried: Of course the Elgrand is more comfortable I know that, but I want a bloody MX-5 as well.

Another Elgrand is the answer.
It just another Elgrand , a turbo charged lowered Elgrand ..if carlsberg made cars?I think most of of them would be wrapped around trees as the drivers would be pissed .. and it not just a car it’s a marks n Spencer’s car.... over priced and left wanting more... don’t know any memorable advert quote for Nissan... I do believe because they don’t need one ... unbiased to the hilt..😀😀😀😀😀

Took boss to test drive a 2017 MX-5. 7,000 miles absolutely stunning car. The result "It's a bit low down. I prefer to sit higher up...
I get the same thing. My cars have been Jags and SAABs. She hates them. “Too low down”. So the current fleet is two SsangYong 4x4s and my SAAB. Now she wants an Elgrand so we can visit the kids (600 miles away).

I’m happy to buy an Elgrand but I want, no I need, another sports saloon.

ECP customer service really is an absolute joke. Don't respond to emails and chats cut off before you reach the front of the queue. Been waiting almost 2 months to have a broken part replaced. Stores open to trade or click and collect only. i don't think covid is an excuse any longer, they've had long enough to get their act together. Grrr.

ECP customer service really is an absolute joke. Don't respond to emails and chats cut off before you reach the front of the queue. Been waiting almost 2 months to have a broken part replaced. Stores open to trade or click and collect only. i don't think covid is an excuse any longer, they've had long enough to get their act together. Grrr.
Sounds like you need to threaten them with trading standards. It normally does the trick.

Sounds like you need to threaten them with trading standards. It normally does the trick.
Made it to 3rd in the queue on chat. fingers crossed. Only been waiting an hour and a half.

Been sending them random comments and pictures to keep the window open.

Good luck
Hope you make it to the front

Back