• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

My drive is on an upward slope so I will drive in forwards when I do it. I suspect you could source generic hoses for the rear and same with the drain plug O ring.

I worry a bit about playing with those two small pipes at the rear, looks like it would be a good idea to replace those at the same time. Anyone know a place that would sell those? Dont see them on BMR or autojap.
Thanks.
Possibly Nissan not sure how it works with an import whether they can get hold of them

I had a van (daihatsu hijet) that would boil it's coolant like crazy. Was still under warranty and dealers could not fix it. On the fourth attempt they stuck a new rad cap on it...

Not today but earlier this week took mine to a garage and left it there for the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure I've made a mistake but we'll see how it goes... only experience I have of them is buying it from them over 5 years ago and haven't been back since. I think "someone" was trying to warn me against the idea and it might have been me...

Not today but earlier this week took mine to a garage and left it there for the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure I've made a mistake but we'll see how it goes... only experience I have of them is buying it from them over 5 years ago and haven't been back since. I think "someone" was trying to warn me against the idea and it might have been me...
What work are they doing?

What work are they doing?
Service / MOT. Probably front drop links and rear brakes. Checking wheel bearings. Replacing air con compressor. That's just what I've asked for so plus whatever else shit they make up o_O

We'll see, kind of ran out of options since BMR stopped, at least they know what an Elgrand is!

Service / MOT. Probably front drop links and rear brakes. Checking wheel bearings. Replacing air con compressor. That's just what I've asked for so plus whatever else shit they make up o_O

We'll see, kind of ran out of options since BMR stopped, at least they know what an Elgrand is!
Well fingers crossed, I think those parts are standard-ish for a regular garage as far as I know :)

I know how to enjoy myself on a Friday night - I just cleaned up the sunroof orifice, then greased it up real good. Then gave the seals good gummipfledgeing they won't forget in a while.
Sunroof actually worked fine, so knowing my luck it will now malfunction and leak :laughing:

Removed the old hands free / DAB kit. Hid the wiring for the new one.

Spent an hour + trying to fit the DAD dash table I got a week back. Once I'd sweated with it enough to get to to sit in place (had the drill the glovebox screws back in!) I realised it had quite a lot of play between the table and bracket. Then I couldn't close the glovebox, so took about 3mm off the top of the glovebox with a Stanley. Still couldn't close it. Swore a lot. Chucked the dash table back in the garage... Job for another day.

Now to fit a new battery to the BMW, hope it doesn't throw a code, then wash the Elgrand and a quick coat of BSD before a week in the lakes from tomorrow.

Spent ages walking round it to find the best spot:joy:your window looks very mirror like there
And what a good spot you chose 😉
Yeah It definitely has more of a mirror tint on my side windows rather than the normal dark tint 👍🏼

And what a good spot you chose 😉
Yeah It definitely has more of a mirror tint on my side windows rather than the normal dark tint 👍🏼
Yeh looks cool:cool:

Got a aircon regas recently, and whilst aircon started working, I can see I have dreaded leak at the back, I can even hear it :sob:
Time to order the blanking plate I guess ☹

FBF0C1D5-C562-4E2A-8CC5-B7B53A2466D0.jpegAfter crashing the last one and it being written off i’ve Finally rejoined the Elgrand team again. Took almost 6 months. First day drove it home and changed the nav I head unit for the English translation. Discovered the joys of black leather edition, found some random Japanese wireless headphones. Realised the wing mirrors don’t close onkey fob. but that I have got more parking sensors and 360 Birdseye view.

Back