• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just need to change the gauge back lights to orange and a walnut steering wheel with alloy spokes.
Well I thought about the colour, but I bought one of the gauges brand new and it has one of those WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED stickers, and given the price of it, I really need that warranty :laughing:
Steering wheel I am OK with, bit of a conflict but the steering wheels I like the most are the Momo edition ones, very cool, but they are $$$$$$!

Thanks! The gauges should be important time zones to fit into my theme I admit, but it's volts, oil pressure and oil temperature :)
I've always wanted an oil pressure gauge for no real practical reason, it's the oil temperature which I really want to know so I know when it's up to temperature (good on BMW that always seem to have them, not sure about the very latest models), so I know when I can release the beans. Volts just cos you have to have three gauges, right? :) I know OBD data via the phone suits a lot of people these days, but you can't beat an analogue gauge imho, and I don't think you can get oil temp via OBD on the Elgrand, might be wrong.
I inherited a matching boost gauge too, but not much use in the Elgrand, well maybe Lize's!

I loved the fuel economy needle on the 80s/90s BMWs. I remember seeing it swing round on my 318i (before the cam belt went)...

I loved the fuel economy needle on the 80s/90s BMWs. I remember seeing it swing round on my 318i (before the cam belt went)...
Enjoyed owning an F reg 318i once upon a time; recently thought, hey a convertible E30 would be a cool cheap car for nostalgic reasons, but now they are becoming silly money!

Well I thought about the colour, but I bought one of the gauges brand new and it has one of those WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED stickers, and given the price of it, I really need that warranty :laughing:
Steering wheel I am OK with, bit of a conflict but the steering wheels I like the most are the Momo edition ones, very cool, but they are $$$$$$!
Enjoyed owning an F reg 318i once upon a time; recently thought, hey a convertible E30 would be a cool cheap car for nostalgic reasons, but now they are becoming silly money!
Mine was a black G reg. A few years after owning the 318i I bought an e30 Alpina 2.7l C2. They are worth a fortune these days, not quite E30 M3 prices, but very rare. Shame I wrote it off :D

The van in the reflection is dirty....have a word simon :)

Pulled out the old OEM stereo, wired in my new harness, connected up my cheapo Chinese head unit, turned it on and........nothing. Tested the voltage, getting power, checked the earth......nothing. So. No tunes for me till my actual normal cost, not Chinese head unit comes.

you buy cheap, you buy twice. 😐

Pulled out the old OEM stereo, wired in my new harness, connected up my cheapo Chinese head unit, turned it on and........nothing. Tested the voltage, getting power, checked the earth......nothing. So. No tunes for me till my actual normal cost, not Chinese head unit comes.

you buy cheap, you buy twice. 😐
Generally speaking you need a permanent live, a switched live and an earth for these things to work correctly.
Please do not be offended if you already know and understand this.

Yes, I get the permanent and switched live, as sometimes you end up back to front and it loses memory when you turn off the ignition.

both the permanent live (Orange) and switch live (red) both have power.

The Nissan loom doesn't have an earth so you need to connect the casing of the HU to an earth point on the van, but sounds like you may have done this already.

I did. Was a good boy and read the info before tackling. Not like me, but am growing up now.

so I checked with my multi meter on the same point to make sure it was a good earth. It was. So I guess, I should have trusted my instincts.

Just been out to check my radiator cap :neutral:

Back