• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Removed the 14 year old spare wheel from the underneath. -2.5kg

New touring flags fitted for up and coming holiday to South East and new leds fitted to top of cabinet for a bit more ambiance 😃20180724_180101.jpg
20180724_180128.jpg
20180724_180320.jpg
20180724_172614.jpg
and a clean and polish
20180724_180702.jpg

Started making camp kitchen/storage combo for imminent camping!

Polished out scratch marks where someone decided to drive past us at some point recently and their wing mirrors were obviously bigger than they thought.

As previously recommended by another member splashed out a couple of quid, on a dual USB voltmeter for the lighter socket. Of course it does raise the question of what should the voltage reading be when you switch on the ignition.
Have read that anything under 12.45 volts suggests that the battery needs charging. Wonder if there is a reading that suggests battery should be replaced. Haven't had any problems so far with the battery. Maybe blissful ignorance is better. :( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Por...e9:m:msvspJHSfbY7UP36UVuhxrw&var=631486101781

Attachments

• adaptor.jpg
    adaptor.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
Took a couple of the boxes to a colleague who made two of the smaller boxes a bit taller. Not quite finished but our camp kitchen/storage unit is well on the way. Table on floor fits across the unit before closing the tailgate. Now trying to find somewhere relatively cool to spend the rest of the day - failing miserably atm though!
DSC_0465.JPG

Removed those disgusting number plates for a proper pair. Also found a usb socket in my glove box so downloaded all my music and a few thousand photos and some videos onto it which now play through my new double din head.04F9DB4D-AD83-4250-9795-D2107E8DAC87.jpeg

Attachments

• 5EAA3E99-3084-4BBF-A52C-4BFD7C05D5ED.jpeg
    5EAA3E99-3084-4BBF-A52C-4BFD7C05D5ED.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 14
  • C3EBE2B3-E174-4731-973A-4ADC0D985479.jpeg
    C3EBE2B3-E174-4731-973A-4ADC0D985479.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DEBD89FC-47DF-4309-95B5-85BC70E9FBA5.jpeg
    DEBD89FC-47DF-4309-95B5-85BC70E9FBA5.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 11
Removed those disgusting number plates for a proper pair. Also found a usb socket in my glove box so downloaded all my music and a few thousand photos and some videos onto it which now play through my new double din head.View attachment 7147
Had problems with mine because I wanted a single line. Consists of 4 letters and the number one. Government regs seem to allow it, but one number plate manufacturer refused and the second one I tried agree d with no problem. 😊

I've bought some autoglym HD wax, now just need an overcast day to apply it talking of which can anyone recommend a dual action polisher as need to get rid of some swirl marks?
Replying to an old post. Didn't see the BANNED 😱 Have deleted the question that I was going to ask him.

Bought some engine mod pieces today with arrival planned this weekend.

Project crazy will have full update when complete.

happy motoring for an other year

Quick check under the bonnet, bought more petrol, drove it, bought more petrol.

Got to go back to Norfolk and then Devon - it IS going to get washed before JAE!

I really do need to get the aircon fixed too, today was beyond funny. I think I'm going deaf from having the windows open / stereo on so loud can actually hear it.

New tyres are needed too, along with rear pads.

So no, haven't actually done anything to it but I am at least thinking about doing something to it!

Just tried to take my front caliper off to find the rattle but had no luck in loosing the slider pin bolts! Grrrrrr
Am I right in thinking that a spanner should be hit upwards (anticlockwise)... I am panicking whether I am hitting it the right way as my spanner bent! lol Whats the correct size 16 or 17mm?
I also noticed that my front wheel bearing is slightly weeping grease from the lower rear side, is this normal or should I start worrying?!

Just tried to take my front caliper off to find the rattle but had no luck in loosing the slider pin bolts! Grrrrrr
Am I right in thinking that a spanner should be hit upwards (anticlockwise)... I am panicking whether I am hitting it the right way as my spanner bent! lol Whats the correct size 16 or 17mm?
I also noticed that my front wheel bearing is slightly weeping grease from the lower rear side, is this normal or should I start worrying?!

Hi @Richard Fox, not sure if you got this sorted yesterday? As brakes are somewhat important if you are worried a garage shouldn't charge you much for doing the same job so may be worth popping it along to someone and it does save any struggling and stress :)

Can't quite remember, think its 17, you should be able to tell easily, the 17 will and the 16 wouldn't go on unless your bolt heads have been rounded, then you'll struggle to get them off and need new ones. Yes, nuts are anticlockwise to undo but as you are LOOKING AT IT, and you're possibly looking at it from the back and might be tightening it? Will be tight but you shouldn't be able to bend a spanner.

Get someone to press brakes and check if sliders are working before you start undo anything. I usually just take out the bottom slider bolt and turn the caliper upwards to remove the pads but you will want to remove both if they are stuck, have a cable tie ready to hang the caliper. Scrape dust off with small screwdriver and dose with brake cleaner. Remember to put copper slip on slider bolts and back of pads before reassembly.

Grease should not come out of wheel bearings, could be the source of your noise and something to get quickly rectified. Think there are a few posts about wheel bearings you could have a read of.

Back