• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Picked up a bed for my son and the owner absolutely loved the silver Elgrand! Thought it was virtually brand new and nearly fell over when we said it was from 2003! Ended up taking some pics for himself! lol

I removed the rear right seat track/rail, associated trim and the seat belt (e50), Christ It was heavy! Just the track in the wall weighed over 5kg. Next up is remove the centre bench seat, tracks and belt then measure it all up for carpeting.

Finally plugged a Bluetooth receiver into the rear rca plugs as a temporary solution.
Now wondering if it's worth messing around with a double dinn install, as the DVD player in the glove box plays UK DVD's anyway.
I'm not going to bother.
Chromecast to the RCA and I've pretty much got everything I'm likely to ever need.

Where were you in Poole? I live in Poole - used to have the only E51 in Dorset but now I see 2 or 3 in Poole daily! :)

Picked the youngest up from Uni accomodation on Pitwines close, opposite Sainsbury's.

Almost chanced the multi-storey down the quay at lunch time, but at 6'3" clearance I bottled it so went round the corner to one a bit more generous!

Picked the youngest up from Uni accomodation on Pitwines close, opposite Sainsbury's.

Almost chanced the multi-storey down the quay at lunch time, but at 6'3" clearance I bottled it so went round the corner to one a bit more generous!

Not far from where I live! That multi-story is a NO-NO in an Elgrand! The main shopping center (Dolphin) just about gets away with it - if you avoid the lights in the middle of each level :D

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)

I’ve pulled the protective carpets out to wash vacuumed the whole car,wiped down the dash n doors, restocked all the fluids in my boot so I’m ready for anything that could go wrong, washed n waxed my beast and ready for my led light speakers to go in the back

Led light speakers? Tell us more :)

Also I gained massive jdm scene points lol
IMG_20180723_223015.jpg

Gave up trying to make the existing screens do or play anything to entertain my kid on a long trip, looks like its an iPad on the back of the chair as usual. Cant wait to get a double din in so we can play music etc etc etc.

Gave up trying to make the existing screens do or play anything to entertain my kid on a long trip, looks like its an iPad on the back of the chair as usual. Cant wait to get a double din in so we can play music etc etc etc.

Do you have RCA connections in back? If so that should be the easy way to get it done.

Yes which I plugged a Dvd player in but its in black and white and it comes and goes!

Yes which I plugged a Dvd player in but its in black and white and it comes and goes!

It's black and white because screens are NTSC and dvd player is probably PAL, you can get converters to go from PAL to NTSC, a lot of people have just plugged in a media player (like cyclone etc) and this will play whatever format you want, and link up to play music off your phone etc.

Oh yes should have realised. Cyclone in a box waiting to go back as we don't have any android devices at all! Should have read it properly before ordering. Doh!

Oh yes should have realised. Cyclone in a box waiting to go back as we don't have any android devices at all! Should have read it properly before ordering. Doh!

Get another thing like it that supports apple and you should be good man.

Thanks will check it out and see what I can find.

Back