• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Finally got round to ordering a spare key. Ordered a genuine (used) Nissan fob with a new, uncut, key …. Now I need to find someone to reprogram the fob, and that could be the hard bit.

Had the old girl in for the exhaust down pipe and Flexi joint replacement. Definitely an improvement in the overall sound, I can now hear a nice little whistle from the turbo 😃👍. Hopefully with a corrected back pressure I might get more miles to the gallon🤞🤔. Only 3 major jobs left, the steering rack, prop shaft central bearing and a full underseal. Then I can start on all the fun jobs like most of you fellows seem to be enjoying, with bling and kitting out mods 🤣🤣🤣

Had the old girl in for the exhaust down pipe and Flexi joint replacement. Definitely an improvement in the overall sound, I can now hear a nice little whistle from the turbo 😃👍. Hopefully with a corrected back pressure I might get more miles to the gallon🤞🤔. Only 3 major jobs left, the steering rack, prop shaft central bearing and a full underseal. Then I can start on all the fun jobs like most of you fellows seem to be enjoying, with bling and kitting out mods 🤣🤣🤣
Would love to see your Elgrand do u have a pic ?

Would love to see your Elgrand do u have a pic ?
She's an old E50 that has spent at least two years being unloved and uncared for and judging by the marina stickers and the huge amount of rust under the rear was frequently dipped in salt water😱
and so is rather tatty around the edges( and other places lol). I'll put some photos up tomorrow and you can see the amount of body work left to do before a respray . Mechanically she's getting there, I trust her on trips, unlike my old bongo, I literally had one eye glued to the temp gauge due to the bongo perculiar cooling system. I still get a daft smile on my face when taking her out for a spin ☺️

Finally got round to ordering a spare key. Ordered a genuine (used) Nissan fob with a new, uncut, key …. Now I need to find someone to reprogram the fob, and that could be the hard bit.
Make sure the transponder is included for the blank key otherwise you won’t be able to program the key to the car.

ooh good idea if my sewing skills let me down, also the fabric I’ve got may turn out to be too bulky - no way they’re gonna concertina with nifty precision like the originals!
I just covered the original curtains with new fabric.😊

Attachments

• AEEBC582-66F1-4B0B-8E69-4E56DF17CB1F.jpeg
    AEEBC582-66F1-4B0B-8E69-4E56DF17CB1F.jpeg
    412.1 KB · Views: 16
Back