• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today I got my full set of 8 Series 2 HWS black half leather seats out of storage, now that the transformation to red leather is complete.

just needed a bit of a hoover and a wipe off with a damp cloth… and they are ready to sell… they are in excellent condition and the drivers seat bolsters are perfect.

They come with all the black plastic fittings, belt buckles etc, ready to transform a shabby cloth interior into something special.

look out for the for sale ad in my trade section… Winchester Car Imports

View attachment 58627View attachment 58628View attachment 58629View attachment 58630View attachment 58631View attachment 58632View attachment 58633View attachment 58634
Now on EBay, auction ends on Monday, or buy it now for £500

Hi, I have smashed my indicator/camera lens cover today. Did you manage to source a replacement? Thanks
Really sorry I have just seen your message….no I stil havnt managed to source a replacement. Can’t believe how hard it’s been really. The glass alone was difficult and finding a wing mirror with camera has defeated me. I’ve still got gorilla clear tape covering the indicator. I’ve never struggled this much with a car part, especially when you have a couple of hundred quid saved and ready for it. Hope you found one!!

When I did the ballast a while ago on the nearside headlight I already had the plastic wheel arch liner removed, I don't remember if there is an access panel in the arch liner to access the nsf ballast. When I did the osf ballast the other day I had to remove the arch liner anyway because there wouldn't have been access even if there was an access panel because the screen wash bottle is in the way... I had to remove the arch liner on the osf before I could shift the screen wash bottle out of the way.

Are you only changing the ballast or the ballast and the HT bulb cable? If you're only changing the ballast (not the cable or bulb) you won't need any access from inside the engine bay. If you're changing the cable as well I'd advise removing the air filter for better access to the rear of the light in the engine bay... I'd do that even if I were only changing the bulb but if you also have to thread a new cable through the light unit it makes even more sense to remove the air filter.

Presuming you already have access to the underside of the ballast (access panel or have removed the wheel arch liner) - Just slacken the 3 ballast retaining screws, let the ballast hang down a little without straining on the power feed cable or HT cable, unclip the power feed cable (familiar Nissan plug, just press in the release catch with a finger), remove the screw that holds the HT wire clamp, disconnect the HT cable plug from it's socket. I believe there are different types of HT socket on Elgrand ballasts, on my type I had to use a little flat screwdriver in a slot at the side of the brown plug to depress the release catch before the HT plug could be removed from it's socket.
Awesome Info. Thank you for the response / advice! It's greatly appreciated Simon! 👍

i know the strap is similar to a gaiter strap you pull it like a belt buckle then bend it over he also said a had a front fog out but it does not apply

Send me a link please and I’ll see if I can have a look lol 😂 struggling even to get little breaker parts , think places aren’t breaking many e50 now cus no money In them , I would have thought the other way ha ha
There's several breaking on eBay at the mo!

Back