• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Lovely job , was going to do similar to e50 but edge of plastic is thicker than c channel in chrome I’d bought so used 15mm strip instead , is the chrome along door window Rubber standand or did u add it , I’ve thought a few times of doing it, really sweet looking bus
The ones along the window rubber( bottom) are the ones I bought , stainless and made for the Elgrand ( from Japan of course)

Took the family out today to South lakes for our first real trip in the Elgrand.
Nowhere to park on the beach (blinkin grockles everywhere) so engaged lock 4wd and easily crawled up onto a grass bank to park.
Felt like a champ. 😊
Reversing off, managed to catch the exhaust.
Felt like a chump 😥

@Reverend RobP
Looking great mate but we have no evidence that they actually work 🤔
Oh no I've broken something 😥
Tail lights are working on all 4, but the brake lights are only working on the 2 outer ones, and the high level brake light has stopped. (Obviously the 2 inner and high level are connected in the tailgate)
Checked tail light fuse and brake light fuse. All OK. I'm proper puzzled as to what I've done, or how to fix it 🤷‍♂️

Oh no I've broken something 😥
Tail lights are working on all 4, but the brake lights are only working on the 2 outer ones, and the high level brake light has stopped. (Obviously the 2 inner and high level are connected in the tailgate)
Checked tail light fuse and brake light fuse. All OK. I'm proper puzzled as to what I've done, or how to fix it 🤷‍♂️
Think that’s how they work , four lights but only 2 brake lights

Think that’s how they work , four lights but only 2 brake lights
The 2 inner ones on mine definitely used to work as brake lights. (As they're the only 2 that did when fog light was wired into the outer one) but I've obviously f*****d something as high level isn't working either

If the inner ones are led is the polarity the right way around for the brake part?
Yeah I think so. Tried putting the old standard bulb into it and nothing with that either. Hoping I haven't melted something somewhere. Will try and look into it some more tomorrow if I get chance. At least I have some brake lights though, I'd be screwed if I didn't

Stuff that. I use.

LzRG8h2.jpg

From the pic you posted and going by the amount of wires. It looks like that is one of the original stereos that was still in it. Basically most of that will be redundant with a new stereo. All you'll need is the connector block which contains the power, earth, remote etc wires. And the connector block with the speaker wires.
All the rest just tuck it away down the back of the centre dash 👍
Thankyou, just been out and spent 3 hours on it, with some careful reworking and tidying up( plus wiring diagram research) the new single din is finally in. I'm leaving the cd player in for now as I hope to figure out away of plugging it in to the new system so I can continue to play CDs.👍😊. All in all I'm very happy with the functionality, going to add the video input/output and reversing camera when I tackle the reversing/parking sensors.

Attachments

• IMG20210727154450.jpg
    IMG20210727154450.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20210727154519.jpg
    IMG20210727154519.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 6
Took the family out today to South lakes for our first real trip in the Elgrand.
Nowhere to park on the beach (blinkin grockles everywhere) so engaged lock 4wd and easily crawled up onto a grass bank to park.
Felt like a champ. 😊
Reversing off, managed to catch the exhaust.
Felt like a chump 😥
Grockels? Nah mate,..... they're Emmet's! 😂😂😂

Thankyou, just been out and spent 3 hours on it, with some careful reworking and tidying up( plus wiring diagram research) the new single din is finally in. I'm leaving the cd player in for now as I hope to figure out away of plugging it in to the new system so I can continue to play CDs.👍😊. All in all I'm very happy with the functionality, going to add the video input/output and reversing camera when I tackle the reversing/parking sensors.
Nice job mate. Well done!! Very similar pop up stereo as I've got 👍 its a bugger when you want to adjust the A/C controls 🤣

Back