• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Debadged the entire back end of the van and applied club stickers to the side windows. Nice clean look!
Where’s the pics. Got to post a pic of a clean rear end 🤣

Stripped more bits off to find the second dtv tuner box and moved it to somewhere accessible. Deciding on next course of action now.
Set up Bluetooth so I now have Spotify and all the radio stations I need and the voice of Google Maps.
I'm happy now for a day or two!

Working on a home made gas conversion........

xVu47QE.jpg

Had a testing day😡 got flat tyre on dual carriageway(rear) didn't notice until tyre shredded!!! Got the high performance edition, firstly Jack supplied wouldn't fit under side skirt. After many moments of head scratching and adjustments eventually got bus jacked up.Happy days!!! Lined up space saver wheel, low and behold doesn't fit past upgraded calipers FFS!!! just wasted an hour of my life for F all!!! Shredded wheel back on call out mobile fitter tomorrow. I would have thought this being Nissan upgrades they would supply you with a spare and a jack that fitted the bloody bus!!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ooosh that looks a bit of a mess. Hope you can sort it out.
Lol me too, someone wired in a Parrot hands free kit and I'm a tad concerned that I may fry something lol.Spent a fair amount of time on the forum Search and tech area but found nothing to really help🤔 . Tried googling it too, to no avail. Oh well , more head scratching. If I knew what each plug was for in the back of the radio unit that would help!😉 I better post a question in the technical section and see if anyone has an idea lol😆

Lol me too, someone wired in a Parrot hands free kit and I'm a tad concerned that I may fry something lol.Spent a fair amount of time on the forum Search and tech area but found nothing to really help🤔 . Tried googling it too, to no avail. Oh well , more head scratching. If I knew what each plug was for in the back of the radio unit that would help!😉 I better post a question in the technical section and see if anyone has an idea lol😆
From the pic you posted and going by the amount of wires. It looks like that is one of the original stereos that was still in it. Basically most of that will be redundant with a new stereo. All you'll need is the connector block which contains the power, earth, remote etc wires. And the connector block with the speaker wires.
All the rest just tuck it away down the back of the centre dash 👍

Got rear screen, DVD and music box figured out and working.
I'm definitely in love with The Beast.
When I get the conversion disc there'll be no stopping me.

Today I mostly chased the metallic rattling noise!
I took the exhaust apart and used my newly acquired USB Boroscope Camera,
Front Cats are still intact!
However the back box internals ain't!!
2021-07-25-13-07-28.png2021-07-25-13-05-04.png2021-07-25-13-24-07.png2021-07-25-13-23-17.png
I also fitted the new rear Braided Brake Lines, checked and regreased the sliding pins and checked how much meat was on the shoes 😎👍
20210725_183136.jpg20210725_183155.jpg
2021-07-25-17-51-53.png
2021-07-25-17-50-56.png
Now where else can I poke my Boroscope? 🤔

Last edited:
Fitted a 3 into 1 HDMI Switcher with IR remote to connect fire stick to the stereo and also to keep the TV tuner.
20210725_130137.jpg

Also connected a USB splitter to power the firestick and pal to NTSC convertor box. All works.
20210725_130748.jpg

Bit disappointed of the digital TV tuner I fitted a while back as the signal is pants when on the move and moving into other regions/country (England to Wales). Keeps jerking the picture and the sound. Wish still had Analogue signal like the Elgrand OEM tuners were as back then it would just go a bit fuzzy the picture and you would still have the sound. That's partly why I've decided to go back to the firestick and just stream TV on the go. Need a bigger data plan now. 😂

Back