• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well today I've been exploring the beast and finding the niggles that you never see on inspection. Some questions coming in the technical forum methinks.
We all have questions, but lucky for you most if not all can be answered on the forum ..they’re a wise bunch on here …

700KM's travelled over the weekend, and took the Monday off for a long (anniversary) weekend,

Took some pictures along the way ;

@ Holiday Inn Express @ Wigan

@ Blackpool!

@ By Gone Times (pretty cool place, if you've never been!)

- Pulled up next to a fellow JDM enthusiast, gorgeous 1990 Silvia, he brought it into the UK from Japan last year, and what a lovely example! His next stop was dropping it off at the MOT station for its second ever UK MOT. Wished him the best of luck before heading inside...
Snapped a few pictures for you fellow enthusiasts before hand! :cool: 👍

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Hi all, I have a 2002 E51. I absolutely love the vehicle. Today i repainted the wiper arms and fitted new blades. The paint was lifting badly on the wiper arms. But all done now as good as new. Regards, Les No2

Spent some time with Ellie before the kids broke up for summer holidays. Restored the headlights, replaced the lightbar back to the Original all red bar (which I prefer now) than the Rider Lightbar, replaced the airbox as looks like it had been melted probably from the last owner and gave her a good wash. Hopefully in a few weeks time I will have full quad Exhaust system. 😀

Restored Headlights.
Collage 2021-07-20 19_17_23.jpg
20210720_131201.jpg

Replaced lightbar.......again!!!
Collage 2021-07-20 21_45_48.jpg

Replaced melted Airbox.
20210719_131815.jpg

20210719_160232.jpg

20210719_145014.jpg

Gave her a wash!! 😄
Collage 2021-07-20 21_48_07.jpg

nice i would try and find the source of the melting that looks serious

Yes I investigated it and it's old but been left. Checked all pipes etc. All new pipes etc. The tape never melted so will see how the new air box holds up. If it does the same, will be something pretty bad. 😭 For now it'll be ok me thinks. 😂

Took el honcho out to metheringham air field on the Fen roads. Lovely ride to test it. Elgrands give you wings.

Attachments

• 046F3576-C841-4678-AD1E-9D84D0E2AB9D.jpeg
    046F3576-C841-4678-AD1E-9D84D0E2AB9D.jpeg
    780.2 KB · Views: 9
Today I managed to insure my Elgrand in France on UK plates for a year for £296 fully comp through Axa in Dinan. That includes all the extras like breakdown, legal cover etc.

Today I managed to insure my Elgrand in France on UK plates for a year for £296 fully comp through Axa in Dinan. That includes all the extras like breakdown, legal cover etc.
When I first left my caravan in France , storage cost 200 euros and I think insurance was 150 , bearing in mind storage in U.K. cost 450 and insurance was 400 , so defo cheaper over there , that was down Atlantic coast , royan

Finally nearly there on the Dognero grill number 2! lol
Wow its taken some man hours but I am pretty chuffed with the end results! I now have to do the one for the Silver Elgrand as this was a test fit due to mine still at the bodyshop! Second time hopefully it will be faster!

IMG_6920.JPGIMG_6917.JPGIMG_6921.JPG

Back