• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Tried to make a start swapping the rear lights. Came to an abrupt halt when Nissan decided it would be a good idea to put all the wiring through a tiny gap behind the rear seat belt bracket, which isn't big enough to get the plug through while all in place. Could chop the end off but really don't want to! Wtf Nissan why did you do that, when there is plenty of room and a bigger gap just below it. Will now have to take the interanl side panel off as there is bugger all room to get a ratchet in by just prising it out to undo the seat belt bolts. Oh well maybe tomorrow

Tried to make a start swapping the rear lights. Came to an abrupt halt when Nissan decided it would be a good idea to put all the wiring through a tiny gap behind the rear seat belt bracket, which isn't big enough to get the plug through while all in place. Could chop the end off bit really don't want to! Wtf Nissan why did you do that, when there is plenty of room and a bigger gap just below it. Will now have to take the interanl side panel off as there is bugger all room to get a ratchet in by just prising it out to undo the seat belt bolts. Oh well maybe tomorrow

mañana​

(maˈɲana; English məˈnjɑːnə)
n, adv
a. tomorrow
b. some other and later time

Tried to make a start swapping the rear lights. Came to an abrupt halt when Nissan decided it would be a good idea to put all the wiring through a tiny gap behind the rear seat belt bracket, which isn't big enough to get the plug through while all in place. Could chop the end off but really don't want to! Wtf Nissan why did you do that, when there is plenty of room and a bigger gap just below it. Will now have to take the interanl side panel off as there is bugger all room to get a ratchet in by just prising it out to undo the seat belt bolts. Oh well maybe tomorrow
Mine must be different, I swapped my lights over with no probs, or I can’t remember any ,

Mine must be different, I swapped my lights over with no probs, or I can’t remember any ,
Did you just swap the cluster casing over, as in take bulbs out of one and re fit into new casing? As these ones are led they're wired directly into the cluster, so have to remove complete wiring to the socket attached inside.
Or maybe mine was just built by the idiot in the factory that day 🤣

Did you just swap the cluster casing over, as in take bulbs out of one and re fit into new casing? As these ones are led they're wired directly into the cluster, so have to remove complete wiring to the socket attached inside.
Or maybe mine was just built by the idiot in the factory that day 🤣
What I remember didn’t swap anything over , changed complete unit , used same plugs but mine aren’t led

Right, I'm down the garage tomorrow to see if any of the mechanics ARE mechanics and not just fitters lol. See if any of them can sort that.......if not I'll have a crack at it myself, it's been a few years ( 30 ish😂) but I remember how it's done lol.Thanks for the heads up, it's much appreciated ! 👍😉
tally , bearing isn’t sealed , I have a brand new one I bought 7 years ago still in box , I do this on mine in a service or when I can be bothered,if I remember I get a pic of bearing

Whoops , the reply thingy works differently to what I was expecting sorry about that🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 58245
Fitted a dual USB and voltage display in the glove box.
I removed the plastic surround, tucked the ETC reader away and made a blanking plate out of 6mm MDF for the start of my fettling.

KxEZLLu.jpg

Drove the Elgrand to West Wittering yesterday, nice drive there and back and a great time was had.

Also saw this Austin 7 turn up and got talking to the guy it's a 1923,

DCANz9B.jpg

atX33lc.jpg
West Wittering? Why do all these places dahn sarf have names that seem to have come straight out of Midsomer Murders?
C'mon, Chalfont St Peters sounds like a bum complaint that needs cream or a suppository. Why haven't you got proper, meaty town names such as Ramsbottom, Twatt or Fudgepack upon Humber like we have north of Watford Gap.... :grinning: :grinning:

Because we live in the beautiful south rather

And we don't hang monkeys down South thinking they are Frenchmen.......
Fair point @diable I do struggle to tell the difference, to this day I will never hang a monkey (again) just in case it turns out it was a Frenchman...

West Wittering? Why do all these places dahn sarf have names that seem to have come straight out of Midsomer Murders?
C'mon, Chalfont St Peters sounds like a bum complaint that needs cream or a suppository. Why haven't you got proper, meaty town names such as Ramsbottom, Twatt or Fudgepack upon Humber like we have north of Watford Gap.... :grinning: :grinning:
You can't claim all the good place names oop north!
Not far from me we have Pratt's Bottom. And then there's all the Piddles and Puddles in Dorset and Shitterton which is close by. Not to mention Sandy Balls in the New Forest.
And if you count Street names too there's always Back Passage near where I used to work in the City of London.
I could go on....

Not far from me we have Pratt's Bottom. And then there's all the Piddles and Puddles in Dorset and Shitterton which is close by. Not to mention Sandy Balls in the New Forest.
And if you count Street names too there's always Back Passage near where I used to work in the City of London.
I could go on....
@JohnK love a bit of North/South banter! One of my favourite place/street names is Gropec*nt Lane, can't remember where it is but apparently it was originally a favourite spot for gentleman to get some satisfaction for a groat or two...

I could go on....
You forgot about Upper Butts in Hounslow, then Mincing Lane, Friday Street and Cock Lane all in the EC area.....

Back