• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

The monkey enclosure sure looks different from the last time I went there … lol
May have made a mistake...... in which enclosure to have a picnic

MmwLsce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have now started feeling depressed reading about possible causes including head gasket leak

Filled up with the good stuff for the longest journey in el honcho so far, Middlesbrough to Heckington for in law visiting. The luxury of the drive and kids having space still offsets the extra fuel costs. Wonder if that will change!?

Thanks for the tip. So I wiped it out. The coolant is at high. The radiator is full. There is was no smoke on the exhaust when I started it. There are no puddles under the car. So hopefully that is good? I'll drive it in the morning and see what happens...

Puddles are unlikely if it's a water to oil leak. Everything else looks hopeful, presumably the oil on the dipstick looked normal too.

When my brother popped a head gasket, his coolant was disappearing, and he had too much oil that looked like milkshake.

Puddles are unlikely if it's a water to oil leak. Everything else looks hopeful, presumably the oil on the dipstick looked normal too.

When my brother popped a head gasket, his coolant was disappearing, and he had too much oil that looked like milkshake.
Yep the dipstick looked a bit dark but no froth. It is due for an oil change though

If you haven't been driving it very much it could easily be condensation.
I've been driving daily but haven't checked under the oil cap itself for 3 months since my last oil change which a new mechanic did

Back