• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Ditto…Air-con regassed, the guy said no leaks but where did all the original gas go?!

Ditto…Air-con regassed, the guy said no leaks but where did all the original gas go?!
There's loads of joints in the system with O rings. Although they might be a good seal, enough not to show up on a leak test, over time the gas can seep out. I think the figure is something like 5 to 10 percent a year. That's why they recommend a recharge every 3 years.

Thanks for replying Harvo,
The chap who did the job also said if it doesn’t last very long “give up” cos the gas nowadays is far too expensive to waste!

Washed it and cleaned kid vomit from rear seats

I have done Jack S**t to it today, I took the trike out instead. Be rude not to when the weather is like it is.

Also, been trying to find the source of a really annoying rattle somewhere in the back near rear axle… no luck!

Also, been trying to find the source of a really annoying rattle somewhere in the back near rear axle… no luck!
Have you checked the spare wheel? Might be the cage isn't tightened or some have space savers in there that rattle about.

Not alot, did put a tiny blob of kurust on a stone chip on the front wing that has been there for a while. Also put loads on my mx5 - I know it's not going to fix it, but made me feel like I'd done something positive.

Also had a quick look in the rear flap to see what my aircon pipe looked like. Shinier than a shinier thing. Still convinced it was leaking from here. I suspect the theory of them corroding from the inside is a strong possibility.

Have you checked the spare wheel? Might be the cage isn't tightened or some have space savers in there that rattle about.

Dave.G.L.

E50 Owner
Premium Member
1 minute ago
New #1,661
Yes, checked it and also tried it out without it on board. Still rattling. It’s got a night heater under the rear seat so I’ve been making sure it’s all secure, few bits adrift so I’ll try it out tomorrow. Not likely to be the problem though. Thanks for the suggestion Harvo

Dave.G.L.

E50 Owner
Premium Member
1 minute ago
New #1,661
Yes, checked it and also tried it out without it on board. Still rattling. It’s got a night heater under the rear seat so I’ve been making sure it’s all secure, few bits adrift so I’ll try it out tomorrow. Not likely to be the problem though. Thanks for the suggestion Harvo

Evening Dave,
Have you checked the rear drop links?
I had this rattle on mine and found them to be totally shot .
😎👍👍👍👍

Not alot, did put a tiny blob of kurust on a stone chip on the front wing that has been there for a while. Also put loads on my mx5 - I know it's not going to fix it, but made me feel like I'd done something positive.

Also had a quick look in the rear flap to see what my aircon pipe looked like. Shinier than a shinier thing. Still convinced it was leaking from here. I suspect the theory of them corroding from the inside is a strong possibility.

Mines lovely & shiny on the inside too but the pipe just outside doesn't look great. I run my finger round it & it's got some green stuff round it. Got a pic here somewhere.

By the way does anybody know where the "overflow" if that's the right term - for the air con is & how it works?

Mines lovely & shiny on the inside too but the pipe just outside doesn't look great. I run my finger round it & it's got some green stuff round it. Got a pic here somewhere.

By the way does anybody know where the "overflow" if that's the right term - for the air con is & how it works?
By overflow, I guess you mean where it emits the water it's sucked out of the atmosphere? If so can't really help - been so long since mines worked, I've forgotten :)

I think there is one at the front and the back on the nearside...

Back