• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Looks great , I can remember asking u about the runners to do this in your e51 , I’ve thought a few times to try and put two runners together in my e50 so my middle captain seats can move the length of car
All I will say… is that it’s not at all straight forward… in the E51, the middle seats were never designed to slide back past the wheel arches, and they are too close to the sides to do so. Also the floor is not level from one side to the other… it’s higher at the sides…

All I will say… is that it’s not at all straight forward… in the E51, the middle seats were never designed to slide back past the wheel arches, and they are too close to the sides to do so. Also the floor is not level from one side to the other… it’s higher at the sides…
I’ve only sat in back and looked by eye and wheel arch is damn close and floor is all shapes , maybe a winter project for me

You could do with another one as a project lol

The longer the days gone on the more gutted I am about it. Sat here in a right arse about it at the mo! Half tempted to just get the guy to pay for all the paint and fillers etc and get it done myself at the weekend.

Cant work out whether people just don't give a shit if they have a bump these days or whether its just the general standard of driving that's shit
I blame the lockdown and everyone forgetting how to drive ... I’ve seen so much bad driving recently made me lose my hair and turn my beard grey ...

yep the standard of driving has dropped seen some shocking stuff just this evening a girl pulled halfway over the white line to turn right and just laughed when the gut in front of me blasted his horn and had to pull in the road she was waiting to get into

Some bits from BMR arrived so, after listening to the Mrs moan about her day, I popped outside and replaced the disgustingly filthy 15 year old cabin filters, fitted the new bonnet lever holder thingy to replace the snapped one and fitted the SGS 800N struts so I can walk under the back door. Blimey, that door is heavy!

Pics of filthy filter, just to put you off your tea:
IMG_20210608_215920.jpg
IMG_20210608_201221.jpg

Nothing, waiting for some cable to be delivered but I did go "topless" today,

9KgKlJ4.jpg

QuEpTRm.jpg

Today I had her booked in for 4 new tyres and a four wheel alignment with National Tyres. I knew it wasn't going to be straightforward when the guy said 'what the hell is that'? Anyway, long story short, they couldn't do the alignment as computer said no even though they have a 'State of the art digital four wheel alignment jig'. I gave them a printed sheet with all the alignment data from the manual and the poor chap nearly fainted. They either couldn't, or didn't know how to, enter the data manually.

On the up side I got a good deal on four Avon RX7 tyres for under £350 and the fitter asked me all the relevant questions such as tyre pressures and wheel nut torque and even managed to not lose my shiney valve caps like Kwik Shit did. So will have to book it in elsewhere for alignment pretty sharpish. Probably go to South Coast Workshops as the are proper engineers.

IMG_20210609_111123_8.jpg

Last edited:
@Stempy - I had same issue recently re: wheel alignment, I've been to ATS & Kwik Fit, ATS point blank refused / declined, Kwik Fit could do it but would involve them having to "download the parameters" onto their software (£100+ alone!) they said if I was to find a Kwik Fit that somebody had shelled out for the download plus the wheel alignment then it would only be the cost of the alignment!? but when they rang a few local Kwik Fits, none had ever done an Elgrand before, so back to square one. No way am I paying circa £200-£250 to get a wheel alignment done - however - it still needs doing. Typical...more research needed. (nor do I want to travel 100's of miles for one either!)

@Stempy - I had same issue recently re: wheel alignment, I've been to ATS & Kwik Fit, ATS point blank refused / declined, Kwik Fit could do it but would involve them having to "download the parameters" onto their software (£100+ alone!) they said if I was to find a Kwik Fit that somebody had shelled out for the download plus the wheel alignment then it would only be the cost of the alignment!? but when they rang a few local Kwik Fits, none had ever done an Elgrand before, so back to square one. No way am I paying circa £200-£250 to get a wheel alignment done - however - it still needs doing. Typical...more research needed. (nor do I want to travel 100's of miles for one either!)
b4st4rds.. there must a local fitter whose prepared to take the plunge, maybe they could offer their services on here to cover the cost of "downloading the parameters" ?

My local independent garage has hunter alignment kit and had no trouble finding the parameters (although he did check against my workshop manual).

If you find a Kwik Fit with a Hunter alignment set up the Elgrand is in there if they can be bothered to look so they are BSing you. I'm just not prepared to use Kwik Fit, had too many bad experiences. Look up Hunter Alignment on t'interweb for an independent dealer that has one.

b4st4rds.. there must a local fitter whose prepared to take the plunge, maybe they could offer their services on here to cover the cost of "downloading the parameters" ?
I'm pretty sure it'll be fine - for the right place - its just you would imagine such outfits like Kwik Fit, ATS etc. would be able to assist easily but hey ho...as per @cjholding - I'm sure there will be places that will, and for sensible ££, just a case of finding them...

If you find a Kwik Fit with a Hunter alignment set up the Elgrand is in there if they can be bothered to look so they are BSing you. I'm just not prepared to use Kwik Fit, had too many bad experiences. Look up Hunter Alignment on t'interweb for an independent dealer that has one.
I can imagine, the 'sales pitch' he gave me, gave that impression...(and totally agree w/ your view on Kwik Shit, haha)

Fixed the drop-down door in the centre console with some magnets. A nice bodge that you can't see when it's closed 👍 👍
Also replaced the battery in the key fob..
20210609_192801.jpg20210609_192810.jpg

Back