• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Oh no mate.
Bang it in the body shop
It will look spot on when they are done with it.
Yeah I'll be taking it for some quotes tomorrow. Hopefully someone will be able to fit it in soonish!

Made more of a mess,

a7ltXyl.jpg

Returned from my trip to Bomber Command and set about finishing the bumper repair. Uncle Bob's paint isn't quite a match and has a tinge toward the yellow but it's better than a big gouge, and the rest of the bumper isn't in the best of conditions. Think I'll have to book a weeks holiday in Spenneymoor and have the whole bumper resprayed.
IMG_20210608_170401_9.jpg

If you look from the right angle you can see the join.

IMG_20210608_170401_9.jpg

i used white primer did you use grey perhaps that could be what caused the yellowing ?

Used grey plastic primer then white primer on top of that.

hmmm perhaps yours is a whiter white if that makes sense

Returned from my trip to Bomber Command and set about finishing the bumper repair. Uncle Bob's paint isn't quite a match and has a tinge toward the yellow but it's better than a big gouge, and the rest of the bumper isn't in the best of conditions. Think I'll have to book a weeks holiday in Spenneymoor and have the whole bumper resprayed.
View attachment 55823

If you look from the right angle you can see the join.

View attachment 55824
Thats what I had.
The bumper was a yellow shade and the bottom lip was nice and white.
I have noticed that all the plastic parts are a yellow ish white.
I think that the sun changes them a bit.
All the other colours are the same (slight different shade)
I will probably end up doing the skirts and the rear bumper at some point.
I used grey primer on mine.
BTW Spenny is a nice place if your passing through lol

Thats what I had.
The bumper was a yellow shade and the bottom lip was nice and white.
I have noticed that all the plastic parts are a yellow ish white.
I think that the sun changes them a bit.
All the other colours are the same (slight different shade)
I will probably end up doing the skirts and the rear bumper at some point.
I used grey primer on mine.
BTW Spenny is a nice place if your passing through lol
When you look up close there are different shades all over. Some from previous repairs, some from fading, some from the fact that Rider bumpers were fitted by Autech and were sprayed up in a different booth.

I should have been servicing a 3.5L Estima that’s going to it’s new owner on Saturday… but with the nice weather, I couldn’t resist working on the custom full length floor rails in Crazy88…
Last Trial fit of the XL series 2 seats before I dismantle & re-colour them…
2 more of the same seats are going up front, so that all 4 will be able to spin and fully recline.
I’ve actually got 6 of these seats now, so potentially there’s enough room for all six if I wanted… no need just now…695F2190-2975-4E28-A0B4-D0535AA5FCCB.jpegBB7F9E79-E67B-429E-B4CC-FC4BCBD987B5.jpeg22B4A45D-C739-4D85-85F8-E13A0F3D49A9.jpeg0CA31636-483C-47F5-BD53-A0F8A976F74E.jpeg5D176478-7648-4FC3-93FD-E307FB43AFA4.jpeg

When you look up close there are different shades all over. Some from previous repairs, some from fading, some from the fact that Rider bumpers were fitted by Autech and were sprayed up in a different booth.
All the plastic body colour parts are sprayed off the car.. so you frequently see a difference

I should have been servicing a 3.5L Estima that’s going to it’s new owner on Saturday… but with the nice weather, I couldn’t resist working on the custom full length floor rails in Crazy88…
2 more of the same seats are going up front, so that all 4 will be able to spin and fully recline.
I’ve actually got 6 of these seats now, so potentially there’s enough room for all six if I wanted… no need just now…View attachment 55828View attachment 55829View attachment 55830View attachment 55832View attachment 55833
So cool 😎

I’ve actually got 6 of these seats now, so potentially there’s enough room for all six if I wanted… no need just now…View attachment 55828View attachment 55829View attachment 55830View attachment 55832View attachment 55833
Looks great , I can remember asking u about the runners to do this in your e51 , I’ve thought a few times to try and put two runners together in my e50 so my middle captain seats can move the length of car

Not what I've done but what someone else has just done!!!!!
Noooooooooooooooo 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 fully cracked the bumper right in the middle!
Thankfully they came and found me, and offered to pay for the repair, so got to be thankful for that! View attachment 55805View attachment 55806View attachment 55807
Gutted mate you don't have much luck with people bumping into you and you had it looking sweet :( :sob::weary_face::mad::broken_heart:good they told you tho not many would come forward,no doubt you will have it looking mint again in no time just gutts you with all the effort you have put in

Gutted mate you don't have much luck with people bumping into you and you had it looking sweet :( :sob::weary_face::mad::broken_heart:good they told you tho not many would come forward,no doubt you will have it looking mint again in no time just gutts you with all the effort you have put in
The longer the days gone on the more gutted I am about it. Sat here in a right arse about it at the mo! Half tempted to just get the guy to pay for all the paint and fillers etc and get it done myself at the weekend.

Cant work out whether people just don't give a shit if they have a bump these days or whether its just the general standard of driving that's shit

Back