• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Had my first €100+ fill-up this morning. Got 65 litres of 98 in it.

Drove over two hours on lovely French roads under clear blue skies to Bordeaux. Parked underground right in the centre and after a few hours sight-seeing made it out and back to base in 33 degree heat without incident.

Now I need to remove all the flies again 😏

Had my first €100+ fill-up this morning. Got 65 litres of 98 in it.

Drove over two hours on lovely French roads under clear blue skies to Bordeaux. Parked underground right in the centre and after a few hours sight-seeing made it out and back to base in 33 degree heat without incident.

Now I need to remove all the flies again 😏
And re-fuel again:p:p:p:p:p:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

And re-fuel again:p:p:p:p:p:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

The other half is a bit shocked by how often it needs filling up, but at least now she's getting her head around the fuel computer and working out when the next stop will be.

Would have been cheaper to fly here and hire a car I reckon (but not as much fun)..

The other half is a bit shocked by how often it needs filling up, but at least now she's getting her head around the fuel computer and working out when the next stop will be.

Would have been cheaper to fly here and hire a car I reckon (but not as much fun)..

Thought the same @MrChops when I drove to Spain last year! lol Like you said though a rental car would not be a patch on the Elgrand for rubber neckers! lol

That would depend on how many of you go.... works out cheaper for me and my family to drive to the south of France than to fly out and try and hire a car big enough.... cost me roughly £700 to get there and back including tolls on the motorways for 6-8 of us👍and to be honest the Elgrand fun factor is worth it 😁

My headlights are clean and clear but have some glitter and sparklies so I got some of that 'fly-eye' perforated tint for the headlights from feebay. It was a nice winter day today 16c so i set about putting this cheapo fly-eye wrap on a headlight. It didnt go well at all , the film cracks splits and wont stretch, its impossible to lay on smoothly .
Dont buy the flyeye tint from ebay , its shite, cheap shite
But I really liked the look of the few bits that did go on smoothly, enough to make me want to try it again with a better quality film so i ordered some from the Flyeyeskit.co.UK .
I will let you know how that goes...
havin fun.

Yep same thing happened to me on the eurotunnel
Going out anyway coming back everyone was asleep so no checks
They stop and check motohomes as well, we were stopped coming back a few years ago, had to wake the kids and all get out.

Topped up the oil with 0.2 litres still looks lovely and fresh!!! Topped up screenwash and then went for a nice cruise! Wow the difference with the new Cam Sensor is incredible... so much smoother and quieter!

Well I just put 50 litres of rapeseed oil in the tank,only 35 quid for almost a full tank,let her tick over for 10 mins then started to idle rough and smoke,so went for 20 mile drive ( which is easier said than done during festival weekend on the iow) and she never missed a beat,back up to Tesco later to restock and top her off with diesel

I put some precut tint ( from japan) on the rear lights and two red reflective stickers on the rear.
These led blinkers are so bright they blast right thru the tint. The were almost too bright before the tint ,real retina burners .
here they are, i got 4 and had to put resistors on the rear ones or they hyper flashed :
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Ultra-Bright-T20-Canbus-3014SMD-Amber-Indicator-Turning-Globe-LED-Error-Free/112689939221?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

heres the tint : https://www.jauce.com/auction/v558297313

20180622_150856_006[1].jpg
20180622_150856_007[1].jpg
20180622_140342.jpg
I got a Nismo badge coming from ebay too now :) , its going under the 4wd badge :grinning:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/123171479588
Also a black decal for the 3rd brake from Japan coming that lights up 'Elgrand' when brakes are on :p

Heres another pic i took today, i am really looking forward to the fly eye kit to arrive from the UK soon :
20180622_160225[1].jpg

Last edited:
I put some precut tint ( from japan) on the rear lights and two red reflective stickers on the rear.
These led blinkers are so bright they blast right thru the tint. The were actually too bright before the tint ,real retina burners .
here they are, i got 4 and had to put resistors on the rear ones or they hyper flashed :
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Ultra-Bright-T20-Canbus-3014SMD-Amber-Indicator-Turning-Globe-LED-Error-Free/112689939221?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

heres the tint : https://www.jauce.com/auction/v558297313

View attachment 5963
View attachment 5964
View attachment 5965
I got a Nismo badge coming from ebay too now :) , its going under the 4wd badge :grinning:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/123171479588
Also a black decal for the 3rd brake from Japan coming that lights up 'Elgrand' when brakes are on :p

Heres another pic i took today, i am really looking forward to the fly eye kit to arrive from the UK soon :
View attachment 5966
Tell us more please about this 3rd brake light Elgrand decal and where you got it from

Ooh I drove mine today!!
But seriously I drive to pick up my grandson & once bk home he climbed across from front passenger seat & across drivers seat to get out (lazy git, but I’ll ket him off as he’s only 7) and he caught his shoe on the facial of the ashtray & ripped it off. It’s sheared off the plastic where one screw holds it on & also broke a little clip.
Wasn’t impressed....got it bk on in a fashion. So I’ll hats what I’ve HAD to do to my Betty today.

Ooh I drove mine today!!
But seriously I drive to pick up my grandson & once bk home he climbed across from front passenger seat & across drivers seat to get out (lazy git, but I’ll ket him off as he’s only 7) and he caught his shoe on the facial of the ashtray & ripped it off. It’s sheared off the plastic where one screw holds it on & also broke a little clip.
Wasn’t impressed....got it bk on in a fashion. So I’ll hats what I’ve HAD to do to my Betty today.

That's up to 4 messages ;)

Tell me how wonderful I am or what a pillock I am & that will be 5 :)

Back