• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

And there was me thinking the polish army was a squad of Elgrand owners with sponge in hand...

Oh you mean Polish... 🤣🤣

Made some final suspension adjustment following advice from Tein and am now very happy with it.

Pics below show the difference. First is the sales pic before I bought it on standard rider springs (a bit lofty), second is maximum drop on the Tein coilovers (a bit crashy) and third is how it is now (a bit spot on).

Next job is send it in for four wheel alignment.

s-l1600-3.jpg
IMG_20201108_131442_9.jpg

IMG_20201120_094712_4.jpg

Made some final suspension adjustment following advice from Tein and am now very happy with it.

Pics below show the difference. First is the sales pic before I bought it on standard rider springs (a bit lofty), second is maximum drop on the Tein coilovers (a bit crashy) and third is how it is now (a bit spot on).

View attachment 44380
View attachment 44381

View attachment 44382
Wow if that first pic is lofty, mines like a kite blowing in the wind lol

Looks great, are they the Rider alloys?

Bus is back home. Yay.

Good old Halfords. Tightened wheel nuts too 180Nm! ( Then told me they tightened to 180Nm)

Do many cars have 180Nm for wheel nuts?
Most others in my exp are around 100-130nm range.

Bus is back home. Yay.

Good old Halfords. Tightened wheel nuts too 180Nm! ( Then told me they tightened to 180Nm)

I just pull on the bar until it don't pull no more. Interesting they mentioned the torque, most people wouldn't have a clue what that meant let alone cared lol

Bus is back home. Yay.

That's too tight should be around 115Nm 84 foot-pounds

Last edited:
Bus is back home. Yay.

Are you sure, 108Nm is normal——- 180 would be t.a.f mate

View attachment 44380
View attachment 44381

View attachment 44382
Looks gorgeous in white, my Legacy is a Pearlescent Artic White,

Wow if that first pic is lofty, mines like a kite blowing in the wind lol

Looks great, are they the Rider alloys?
Yes, standard Rider alloys.

Bus is back home. Yay.

The max torque for a 12 x1.25 stud is 160Nm so if the wheels fall of you'll know why. Should be 108Nm.

Are you sure, 108Nm is normal——- 180 would be t.a.f mate
I've loosened them one by one and then torqued to108. Some seemed harder to loosen than others. I guess their rattle guns are set to a certain torque and they just quote a number to customers.

I'm sure he said 180 as I said one eight zero and they nodded.

Got any pics with it lowered?

Does it feel slow even if you use tiptronic to get a decent gear and then boot it?
Pics for you. I've not set height properly but I know it's not on lowest height as garage said they had to raise it die to not being able to get it off the lift.

Side pic
Rear
Front

Pc I'm glad I'm a paid member. Makes attaching pics much easier 😅

Attachments

• 20201120_152814.jpg
    20201120_152814.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201120_152831.jpg
    20201120_152831.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201120_152837.jpg
    20201120_152837.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 11
Pics for you. I've not set height properly but I know it's not on lowest height as garage said they had to raise it die to not being able to get it off the lift.

Side pic
Rear
Front

Pc I'm glad I'm a paid member. Makes attaching pics much easier 😅
Looks a bit lofty at the front. I set mine to 37mm preload. What did the Halfords monkeys set yours to?

View attachment 44380
View attachment 44381

View attachment 44382
not low enuff for my liking...

much better :p

1605889541903.png

when i first got my rider thats what i did - wound down the nismo suspension to the last thread - looked amazing. rode like a shopping trolley :(

Looks a bit lofty at the front. I set mine to 37mm preload. What did the Halfords monkeys set yours to?
Wasn't those monkeys who set it. I wouldn't take there for mechanical work, just tyres.

I don't think other monkey measured but is rather check myself and set. Is parked on a slope in that pic.
Job for tomorrow.

Back