• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I must be the only person who likes the low bootlid 😁
1. It opens under my garage door. I literally don't have a spare foot on the driveway with 3 cars parked in a row so this is essential, and
2. It provides better coverage when getting ready / getting back from mountain biking or dog walking in a windy wet car park!

I'm 5ft 8 on a warm day, which apparently makes me dwarf-like in Elgrand circles 😯

I may have to fit shorter struts so I can reach the damn thing.. 😁
Have you tried fitting a long strap handle to somewhere in the middle of the door, just make sure it doesn't reach the edge of the door.

I've ordered a set of these longer struts, I've so far smashed both my head and also my 2 year old son's head into the stupid thing. I'd always assumed it was just built that way for JDM (same when filling the thing up with petrol - need to kneel down pretty much!) but then reading this thread realised I'm an idiot and the fact it's sat on coilovers probably isn't helping!

Woohoo! Finally got my bus back. Front wheel bearings replaced, drop links tein coilovers and rear cats decored.

Ride feels so good! (On OEM wheels) And quiet! Though would prefer a slightly harder ride still, personally.

I still think it feels slow when accelerating from 30mph upwards.

Got any pics with it lowered?

Does it feel slow even if you use tiptronic to get a decent gear and then boot it?
It's having tyres done now at another place. Looks OEM ride height ATM, need to lower it at some point. Being an XL with thicker rubber spring mounts, it won't be as low as some others.

Didn't use tiptronic, just floored it and let it drop a gear, all noise but no go.

your neighbours will ask if they can excuse you from lockdown :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Trying to teach myself how to play the ukulele. My lockdown / furlough challenge.
I’ve been playing the uke for a while now ... is good fun and an instant reward .. i normally practice between games on call of duty ..both happy past times

I’ve covered daisey in a blanket as my neighbours won’t appreciate me starting her up at half six in the morning to clear the frost from the windscreen..

Back