• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Got round to finishing the grill. It’s now highlighted the need for more work such as the fog light aperture chrome and the black inserts on the bumper need to match in colour. A362C2B4-B867-4249-A944-1B5CB163CACF.jpeg

I finally got my front lights upgraded and working as intended!

Daylight running lights:

DSC_0160[1].JPG

And headlights:

DSC_0161[1].JPG

and indicators:

Of course, as I no longer have sidelights in the standard position they have to be provided by other means, and since the factory indicators are now redundant I have repurposed them as sidelights:

DSC_0159[1].JPG

They are required still for the MOT, but only illuminate when the DRL's are off. This will only happen when the engine is stopped, so they will only ever get used if I park in a dark area where it might otherwise be a hazard, so they will get used very rarely. It was a disproportionate amount of faff to get to this stage, and had I known what lay ahead in terms of work and cock ups - mainly the cock ups - I probably would not have started...

steve looking good now to chase the chrome around the bus and ian good job at least you wont have to do it again

I finally got my front lights upgraded and working as intended!

Daylight running lights:

View attachment 44221

And headlights:

View attachment 44222

and indicators:

Of course, as I no longer have sidelights in the standard position they have to be provided by other means, and since the factory indicators are now redundant I have repurposed them as sidelights:

View attachment 44223

They are required still for the MOT, but only illuminate when the DRL's are off. This will only happen when the engine is stopped, so they will only ever get used if I park in a dark area where it might otherwise be a hazard, so they will get used very rarely. It was a disproportionate amount of faff to get to this stage, and had I known what lay ahead in terms of work and cock ups - mainly the cock ups - I probably would not have started...
I am going to redo mine when I get time.
Great job mate

steve looking good now to chase the chrome around the bus and ian good job at least you wont have to do it again

Ironically I already did due to one of the "cock ups", Had an accident a couple of months ago and had to replace and redo the near side headlamp all over again...

If the dial is in km then you need to devide the number by 1.65 to turn it into miles. Hope that helps.
Last year I notice that all my paper MOT certificates and on-line record were recording the milage in miles and not Km so it appeared that I have done 136+K miles as opposed to 84+K miles. I wrote to the DVLA and to cut a long story short I was able to give them evidence that although I have a UK converter strip on the dials, the bus still records in Km. As a result they have changed all the previous six MOTs recorded milage to Km on-line. For this years MOT I stressed to the garage to make the recording as Km which they did. I also have a dymo strip on the inside of the drivers sun visor which I ensure is down before the MOT starts just in case they forget,

If the dial is in km then you need to devide the number by 1.65 to turn it into miles. Hope that helps.
Actually you have to divide it by 1.6 to turn into miles if you want it really accurate you would do it at 1.609

Last year I notice that all my paper MOT certificates and on-line record were recording the milage in miles and not Km so it appeared that I have done 136+K miles as opposed to 84+K miles. I wrote to the DVLA and to cut a long story short I was able to give them evidence that although I have a UK converter strip on the dials, the bus still records in Km. As a result they have changed all the previous six MOTs recorded milage to Km on-line. For this years MOT I stressed to the garage to make the recording as Km which they did. I also have a dymo strip on the inside of the drivers sun visor which I ensure is down before the MOT starts just in case they forget,
Mot guys are rubbish at this. Every year I tell mine it's in Km's and I think they've remembered about 3 times, out of the 9 mot's I've had done. Have never bothered to chase it up, as I don't intend to ever sell it on. Just shake my head when I read the paperwork afterwards.

What evidence did you send them? My garage did the same to me this year and I didnt notice until it was too late for them to change it . Apparently they only have 5 days to make a change. Would be useful if I could get DVLA to change the garages vovk up!

What evidence did you send them? My garage did the same to me this year and I didnt notice until it was too late for them to change it . Apparently they only have 5 days to make a change. Would be useful if I could get DVLA to change the garages vovk up!
I notice that the MOT before I purchased the van had the milage recorded in Km. So I then sent an email to: CSCComplaints@dvsa.gov.uk giving my full details and the vehicle details with a covering paragraph:

"I have been the owner of the above mentioned vehicle since it was imported and registered in 2015 and I note in the MOT history that the mileage is being recorded incorrectly. The vehicle is an import and the mileage recording system is factory set to kilometres which was correctly recorded on the very first MOT, subsequent MOTs have been incorrectly recorded by the MOT inspectors in miles. Please can you amend the mileage history to Kilometres to reflect the vehicle's true mileage".

They came back to me within 10 days and asked for a copy of the bills of sale showing the sale milage in Km, which I could provide and I think a copy of the V5 or at least the part that proves ownership. It was then done within days of me providing the evidence.

Got round to finishing the grill. It’s now highlighted the need for more work such as the fog light aperture chrome and the black inserts on the bumper need to match in colour. View attachment 44224
I was contemplating black grill.. looks nice.

Reactions: Ste
Mot guys are rubbish at this. Every year I tell mine it's in Km's and I think they've remembered about 3 times, out of the 9 mot's I've had done. Have never bothered to chase it up, as I don't intend to ever sell it on. Just shake my head when I read the paperwork afterwards.
I'm going to check mine now lol but he did ask if it was in km not that mine going anywhere either ;)

I notice that the MOT before I purchased the van had the milage recorded in Km. So I then sent an email to: CSCComplaints@dvsa.gov.uk giving my full details and the vehicle details with a covering paragraph:

"I have been the owner of the above mentioned vehicle since it was imported and registered in 2015 and I note in the MOT history that the mileage is being recorded incorrectly. The vehicle is an import and the mileage recording system is factory set to kilometres which was correctly recorded on the very first MOT, subsequent MOTs have been incorrectly recorded by the MOT inspectors in miles. Please can you amend the mileage history to Kilometres to reflect the vehicle's true mileage".

They came back to me within 10 days and asked for a copy of the bills of sale showing the sale milage in Km, which I could provide and I think a copy of the V5 or at least the part that proves ownership. It was then done within days of me providing the evidence.
That seems easy enough 😀. Will get on to this and get mine changed too. Thanks for posting. Really helpful!

Back