• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I doubt police would take much notice if they saw the car running without anyone in it, especially on someone's drive. But might take a dim view if it was nicked under those circumstances, remote start or keys in the ignition. Still most Elgrand owners could say they didn't leave keys in the ignition and can't be proven I used a remote starter lol..

I once lived next door to a guy who had a Renault 5 Gordini and he had fitted a shut down timer circuit as he thought it cool to lock the car and go inside while the turbo spooled down for 30 seconds : unamused:

Exactly... I certainly have better things to worry about... like how big my next caravan should be... 3...2...1... go!

Do you tow your caravan with your Elgrand too? They make great tow cars eh?

Chop up an Elgrand and turn it into a Grandavan.

Could call an Elgrand camper a Grandavan ;-)

Just in case anyone misunderstood my other post above,I don't see any problem with remote start systems and would probably make use of it if mine had one.

Do you tow your caravan with your Elgrand too? They make great tow cars eh?

Could call an Elgrand camper a Grandavan ;-)

Just in case anyone misunderstood my other post above,I don't see any problem with remote start systems and would probably make use of it if mine had one.

I don’t plan to tow with my current one but have towed with several Elgrands in the past, they tow really well!

I doubt police would take much notice if they saw the car running without anyone in it, especially on someone's drive. But might take a dim view if it was nicked under those circumstances, remote start or keys in the ignition. Still most Elgrand owners could say they didn't leave keys in the ignition and can't be proven I used a remote starter lol..
You can’t drive away a remote start car without the key within range, as soon as you put it in gear it will stall if no key sensed. But playing devils advocate... if you did manage to get it stolen during remote start... you aren’t likely to own up to it are you???

Finally got round to looking at my nearside electric door which for the last few weeks has been needing a push to close into the locking mechanism,
Then finally would not open unless pushed from the inside, found this screw loose at the end of runner tightened it up now door working perfectly IMG_20200223_174907.jpg

You can’t drive away a remote start car without the key within range, as soon as you put it in gear it will stall if no key sensed. But playing devils advocate... if you did manage to get it stolen during remote start... you aren’t likely to own up to it are you???
Course it would be daft to own up to it, same as I implied in my first post on thread. Bah, got me quoting myself now...
Elgrand owners could say they didn't leave keys in the ignition and can't be proven I used a remote starter lol..

Last edited:
We
have remote start with out key in range it will cut out if someone presses any pedals etc

On our ambulances and fast response vehicles at work, we have a feature called runlock, it enables us to keep the engine running when the vehicle is unattended (powering the computer system / blue lights and equipment etc) with the key removed and vehicle locked.
🚑👍

Finally got round to looking at my nearside electric door which for the last few weeks has been needing a push to close into the locking mechanism,
Then finally would not open unless pushed from the inside, found this screw loose at the end of runner tightened it up now door working perfectly View attachment 30365
I've seen that happen before! Does yours have a little crinkly type washer behind the screw head? Mine does and it's never come loose, but some don't seem to have the washer.

I've seen that happen before! Does yours have a little crinkly type washer behind the screw head? Mine does and it's never come loose, but some don't seem to have the washer.
No there was no washer on it Rob so I put some threadlock on before replacing,,

Cleared the snow off it. Shoveled the driveway clear some more snow off it. Parked it in the driveway and now needs to to be cleared off againView attachment 30371
Was just about to say, where the hell is this? But see you're in Canada. Guess you're not going to far in it at the moment

Back