• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Mine carted home the latest batch of castoffs from one of the local schools - apparently they dont do much metalwork nowadays - which is a shame IMHO, although they do have cool 3D printers & things to play with instead.
View attachment 30111
--
Quite how Im going to get them powered up in my garage since they are both three phase is a problem for another day - but Ive always wanted a proper pillar drill :)
FFS I knew I should have had kids!

Mine carted home the latest batch of castoffs from one of the local schools - apparently they dont do much metalwork nowadays - which is a shame IMHO, although they do have cool 3D printers & things to play with instead.
We used to have lovely looking lathes and all sorts and I never saw anyone using them, which I thought was a shame. This was over 30 years ago so probably long ago disposed of. Still want one now but god knows what I’d do with it. Have been thinking of getting a small hobby one for pen turning instead. Used to spend my lunch hour in the metal work room but sadly only allowed to use hand tools as wasn’t supervised. Anything to get out of cold, rain and away from other children!

We had a great school technology dept. I opted for metalwork and spent many a happy hour machining, welding and brazing etc. and also made use of the plastics workshop, mainly making and modifying skateboard parts.

We had a great school technology dept. I opted for metalwork and spent many a happy hour machining, welding and brazing etc. and also made use of the plastics workshop, mainly making and modifying skateboard parts.
I mainly made things for icing cakes, cutters - leaves and petals etc as they used to be really expensive to buy. Went in woodwork room too to spin out making a pepper pot, I mean what is the point of making half a cruet set in class. Nothing as fancy as plastics but probably you’re younger than me. I could never understand why we weren’t allowed in the library but the 6th formers used to let me hide behind the bookcases in there.

Just been watching David Jasons Inventions programme. He's got a decent workshop.

Sidelight modification finished.
Sidelights have a led strip along the full length so I can use the original side lights for some cool leds
They also do static colours.
Got them from Here
I have installed a switch on the inside and you change the colours etc by flicking the switch on and off quick.
Might put them on a remote later.

Got my show lights finished and all installed.
Just need some led's inside to show which are on.
Will do another video when it gets dark.
Great work bud. Should get home from work before the chippy closers with them going 😉😂

Got my show lights finished and all installed.
Just need some led's inside to show which are on.
Will do another video when it gets dark.
They are awesome mate got me thinking now and I'd love to see your house at Christmas😁

Back