• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Guttted for you. It's a horrible feeling that I know myself.
Am so bloody angy,my motor was a minter not a mark on it,am gutted now,lucky got a mate who has a body shop but going to be after christmas now till i can afford to get it done,soooooo lucky it didnt smash back window to its a massive cast iron drain pipe to not a plastic one👎🚐😡😫

Sorry to read the posts by tyke61.

My issue far less annoying,..more a case of a little inconvenient & irritating.....Today I found a screw in offside rear tyre. My local tyre independent said he cant repair it but has passed me details of a company he thinks can.

Nothing identical, (new or part worn), on ebay...Jap market Yokohama 215/60/17 IG50 plus (winter)

Hoping to have a full professional repair done very soon if I cant get a good part worn that matches.

My local tyre independent said he cant repair it but has passed me details of a company he thinks can.
Why couldn't he repair it? Just wondering what someone else could do differently.

Reactions: AW8
Screw/damage on outer edge of tread pattern near shoulder.........Normal tyre shop repairs can only be done in more central parts of the tread pattern. We are talking £30 upwards for the repair proposed

Last edited:
Screw/damage on outer edge of tread pattern near shoulder.........Normal tyre shop repairs can only be done in more central parts of the tread pattern. We are talking £30 upwards for the repair proposed
I didn't know anyone would repair a tyre beyond 3/4 of centre tread. Just done a google search, seems its hot vulcanised and takes 24 hours.

Thanks - I will call the pro repairer 1st thing tomorrow...I need this sorted as I have planned to drive to see Adrian @ Winchester this Thursday. I am also looking at part worn &/or new pair options. Shame I don't have a stop gap spare rim & tyre, (other than space-saver).

Thanks - I will call the pro repairer 1st thing tomorrow...I need this sorted as I have planned to drive to see Adrian @ Winchester this Thursday. I am also looking at part worn &/or new pair options. Shame I don't have a stop gap spare rim & tyre, (other than space-saver).
Maybe contact Yokohama and see if they can check stock for you, I've found Dunlop technical support very helpful in the past.

Ok thanks albeit time not on my side due genuinely to needing to drive it on Thursday.. Don't want to upset mods or others by hogging this thread so prob best any other chat on my wanted thread HERE .....I appreciate your help.

1. upgraded the cams to improve fuel consumption
2. Took out the middle row of seats to go glamping with the kids... all 4 of us fit inside!
Seat removal was a nightmare, especially the little springs

There's more about this here Liz

There's more about this here Liz
Thanks, quite a procedure to do that, I was wondering if I had missed something more simple.

Could you share more info please?
I've had my E50'S VG33E upgraded to use the SJWT S1 Cam during Timing belt replacement...

Unfortunately haven't been tracking the fuel consumption well so can't do a conclusive before/after comparison.

I do notice that i can maintain 100km/h at less than 2500rpms now whereas the rpms were closer to 3000 before for the same speed. Have lost some of the power at low revs in exchange.

I've had my E50'S VG33E upgraded to use the SJWT S1 Cam during Timing belt replacement...

Unfortunately haven't been tracking the fuel consumption well so can't do a conclusive before/after comparison.

I do notice that i can maintain 100km/h at less than 2500rpms now whereas the rpms were closer to 3000 before for the same speed. Have lost some of the power at low revs in exchange.
Thanks, I understand, it would have been quite a thing to do on its own without the timing work.

Found a pair of slippers and some mini discs in the latest arrival, a gorgeous 50,000 mile series 2 Rider S with aftermarket Clazzio black leather seat covers and curtains. Advert will be up in the trade section soon!8F927353-D869-4DD8-B82A-D5D7510E79CC.jpeg

Back