• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Double Elgrand bonus today,,,,, M.O.T past no advisories and received the ElgrandOC charity calendar, thanks @Lisa-Marie it looks amazing
Good news buddy 😁
Need to get home from work quick and see if my calenders arrived 👍🏼

Great news mate.
Mine never came today.
How did the postie pass Durham and end up in Scotland?
Bloody Santa will do the same I bet.

Last edited:
Great news mate.
Mine never game today.
How did the postie pass Durham and end up in Scotland?
Bloody Santa will do the same I bet.
Mines arrived 😁
Postie must have got to York and then trammed it up the A1 to Scotland missing you guys out 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I rewired my pop up screen to accommodate my satnav, I removed most of the original screen and electronic bits.I then soldered 2 wires to the motor and connected to an ignition feed through a a dual polarity switch. The backing plate was modified to accept a satnav mount and takes a 5 inch sat nav it looks good .

I rewired my pop up screen to accommodate my satnav, I removed most of the original screen and electronic bits.I then soldered 2 wires to the motor and connected to an ignition feed through a a dual polarity switch. The backing plate was modified to accept a satnav mount and takes a 5 inch sat nav it looks good .

I need to know how to do this? Got any pics or a walk through?

inflated the tyres to 40psi, dealer had them at 34psi. I was wondering why it was wandering, might keep it now it handles better. ;) :joy:😜
I found more mpg with 40 psi.

Reactions: Sid
I need to know how to do this? Got any pics or a walk through?
Hi once you get the unit out out have to remove all of the parts , screen ,printed circuits electric ribbons plus the 2 wires to the motor. I soldered some speaker wire to the motor and touched the other ends to a car battery to see if the motor operated it did I reversed the wires to battery and it closed down again. I then riveted a plate to the screen mount and riveted a satnav mount to the plate , and cut a slot in the left side of the screen mount to leave space for the charger lead. Then I got a reverse polarity toggle switch off Ebay £2.89 but there are plenty of others available rocker switches including pre wired ones but they cost a bit more. I fed all the wires behind the centre consol I connected mine to the radio wires for convenience but you can use the wiring to the cigar lighter.I mounted the switch below the ashtray for easy access (big hands) and space for the switch.The satnav can be left in situ if you wish it takes up less space than the original screen.

Hi once you get the unit out out have to remove all of the parts , screen ,printed circuits electric ribbons plus the 2 wires to the motor. I soldered some speaker wire to the motor and touched the other ends to a car battery to see if the motor operated it did I reversed the wires to battery and it closed down again. I then riveted a plate to the screen mount and riveted a satnav mount to the plate , and cut a slot in the left side of the screen mount to leave space for the charger lead. Then I got a reverse polarity toggle switch off Ebay £2.89 but there are plenty of others available rocker switches including pre wired ones but they cost a bit more. I fed all the wires behind the centre consol I connected mine to the radio wires for convenience but you can use the wiring to the cigar lighter.I mounted the switch below the ashtray for easy access (big hands) and space for the switch.The satnav can be left in situ if you wish it takes up less space than the original screen.

That's absolutely awesome mate... thankyou ever so much 👍🙌😊

Had a good clean under my seats and put some new seat covers on and does any one fancy some gum 😁

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh wow wonders what your new seat covers look like :)
Only took photo of the gum lol they are just plain black water proof ones from home bargains fit very well tho keeps the crap off the seats as I use it for work;)

Back