• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Fitted new rear lights to Murasaki but honestly think it's a downgrade... :(

Too late, sold my old ones, will have to suck it up.

20191123_215011.jpg

Today I changed the rear pads, I certainly got my monies worth out of these!
Also thought my dash had gone wrong, but it was the kms when I got home 😎

Attachments

• E595E17A-6C30-42E2-9FF9-FCE07FCCE42B.jpeg
    E595E17A-6C30-42E2-9FF9-FCE07FCCE42B.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 7418CDFD-7D13-4932-9046-390E122B40FB.jpeg
    7418CDFD-7D13-4932-9046-390E122B40FB.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 26
Fitted new rear lights to Murasaki but honestly think it's a downgrade... :(

Too late, sold my old ones, will have to suck it up.

View attachment 27124
Not a downgrade by any means. LED look so much better.
if not happy, have you thought about getting them lightly smoked?
Could even mask out the reverse and get only the red smoked..

I am slowly warming to them :)

If I could tint them and still keep the gloss finish I'd be interested

I am slowly warming to them :)

If I could tint them and still keep the gloss finish I'd be interested
I think they look good.
You could always try a bit of Lamin-x maybe, think that'd look glossier than spray.
Red on the reverse and indicators might look quite nice but not sure how pink that'd make then.
I've got a bit somewhere I've promptly lost which I intending to install over a white light on another car, will post you a picture if I find it.

Front end pamper...Got my detaling fix for today..Used my DA Machine polisher on front end (Megs 83), followed by a coat of, (Collinite 915), wax. Also polished front grills, ( Megs NXT metal polish). Also machine polished the headlight clusters.

Managed to find the factory jack kit was present, albeit a bottle jack &/or axle stand on the ever increasing to do/source list.

Booked it in for rear Cat de-core with Adrian @ Winchester for next week.

Last edited:
could kevins be the shiniest at alton or will robin get there early and give his a once over ;):cool:

Reactions: AW8
I can only take credit for helping out with the Elgrand ....NOT in owning it.

Elgrand 100% my daughters car...
Fortunately for her I like her Elgrand & am into tinkering & detailing.. (I have owned & still take interest in decent Japanese metal).

I never managed to drag my daugher to other club meets....perhaps one day.

Daughter away with Elgrand on Alton date in any case.

Last edited:
I can only take credit for helping out with the Elgrand ....NOT in owning it.

Elgrand 100% my daughters car...
Fortunately for her I like her Elgrand & am into tinkering & detailing.. (I have owned & still take interest in decent Japanese metal).

I never managed to drag my daugher to other club meets....perhaps one day.

Daughter away with Elgrand on Alton date in any case.
Are you going to come along anyway?

Reactions: Sid
Are you going to come along anyway?

Thanks.....Hmm & darken the event turning up with my 3 pointed star !

I will genuinely bear in mind....If in rare event I turn up my own car will easily identify me !

Thanks.....Hmm & darken the event turning up with my 3 pointed star !

I will genuinely bear in mind....If in rare event I turn up my own car will easily identify me !
You can come in character and be the villain for the day. 👍😂

Not the 1st time I have been called one of those !

:grinning:

Dastaradly banter aside........being a newb here I should try not to get banned for over chatting off topic in week one. I have marked Alton thread as watching now. Genuine thanks for asking if I would like to attend - "never say never".

Last edited:
As long as you don't pitch up in a Transporter (soap & water) then you are most welcome. :D

Back