• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Looks like a nice piece of joinery mate. I’d be well happy with that finish.

Thanks mate, I've never done any wood work before, and I don't have anywhere to work so it was all done in my living room balancing the wood across the dining room chairs 😂😂

This is the other side that pulls out without any mattress on.

IMG_20190726_212122.jpg

The mattress itself is in two sections (light grey bits), the bit for the pull out section being slightly smaller, and the remainder of that piece we've used as a pillow piece (dark grey) so when it's folded up all 3 pieces sit together perfectly.

Folded up

IMG_20190726_213132.jpg

Pulled out:

IMG_20190726_213007.jpg

And this is with a duvet added, which chances are it will stay like this daily.

IMG_20190726_213735.jpg

And when not pulled out we can still have the middle seats fully back which is a bonus.

IMG_20190726_213642.jpg

Sorry for the picture spam, but I'm quite proud of how it turned out with no prior woodworking experience 😂😅😂👍👍

Thanks mate, I've never done any wood work before, and I don't have anywhere to work so it was all done in my living room balancing the wood across the dining room chairs 😂😂

View attachment 21336

The mattress itself is in two sections (light grey bits), the bit for the pull out section being slightly smaller, and the remainder of that piece we've used as a pillow piece (dark grey) so when it's folded up all 3 pieces sit together perfectly.

Folded up

View attachment 21337

Pulled out:

View attachment 21338

View attachment 21339

And when not pulled out we can still have the middle seats fully back which is a bonus.

View attachment 21340

Sorry for the picture spam, but I'm quite proud of how it turned out with no prior woodworking experience 😂😅😂👍👍
It looks fabulous. The fact you have no prior woodwork experience makes it even better. Perhaps you have discovered a hidden talent. Have you put some varnish on the wood? If not I'd recommend it to stop anything seeping in. Spillages and all that.
It does look bloody good.

It looks fabulous. The fact you have no prior woodwork experience makes it even better. Perhaps you have discovered a hidden talent. Have you put some varnish on the wood? If not I'd recommend it to stop anything seeping in. Spillages and all that.
It does look bloody good.

Thanks, good shout with the varnish. We were going to be varnishing the pull out table that she will use for the stove and also adding some thin aluminium or something to the inside of the door that it touches so it doesn't burn if she's making a brew or whatever so will go over all that top layer at the same time.

Because you can't see the top layer of wood, unless you were to pull all the mattresses off, I was also contemplating drilling a bunch of holes to add some ventilation to it, if anyone in the know thinks I need that, let me know 😂

What do you mean you have no woodworking experience? Flipping heck, what the hell could you be capable of with 'experience' 🤔
You ever thought of a fancy staircase at home? :joy:

What do you mean you have no woodworking experience? Flipping heck, what the hell could you be capable of with 'experience' 🤔
You ever thought of a fancy staircase at home? :joy:

😂😂😂

I don't even have a banister let alone a fancy staircase haha

IMG_20190726_230657.jpg

Thanks, good shout with the varnish. We were going to be varnishing the pull out table that she will use for the stove and also adding some thin aluminium or something to the inside of the door that it touches so it doesn't burn if she's making a brew or whatever so will go over all that top layer at the same time.

Because you can't see the top layer of wood, unless you were to pull all the mattresses off, I was also contemplating drilling a bunch of holes to add some ventilation to it, if anyone in the know thinks I need that, let me know 😂
I've read bits and bobs in the past saying moisture can build up under the mattress and if left,go mouldy. So maybe some holes would be a good idea.

View attachment 21336

Folded up

View attachment 21337

Pulled out:

View attachment 21338

View attachment 21339

View attachment 21340

Looks comfy👍

Took it out for a short drive for 1st time since April as not been able to drive because of my op.Came back with that big grin still that i got when i 1st bought it and drove home in it for the 1st time it never goes away 😁👍🚐

Last edited:
Just spent four hours cleaning daisey inside n out for simply jap at beaulie tomorrow.. she is looking mighty fine.... will give her a quick going over in the pre meet before rolling onto site in the morn...forgot how much I enjoy cleaning her... I’m now sitting down just staring at her

looking Forward to tomorrow love seeing elgrands in a bunch ... it’s a rare thing to see ... everyone’s is different and the pride that everyone has for their bus is great to witness

Back