• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Put it up on the ramps to change the oil & filter - failed to get the drain plug out 'cos its going to need more "persuasion" than Im prepared to give it whilst lying on my back underneath it - Ill pop it in to the local garage to do somewhere with a little more space !

Drove it!!! Yay, battery replaced under warranty so now it starts! Just got to sort out the radio now! Haven't been able to use it for quite a while as dodgy battery meant it rarely started.

So feeling "a bit better" and up do doing a bit after poor lass been sat since April,got my T-cut headlight restorer kit out and done my lights.......mmmmmm😡 forgot to take a before & after pic but believe me there gleaming now👍😁🚐

So feeling "a bit better" and up do doing a bit after poor lass been sat since April,got my T-cut headlight restorer kit out and done my lights.......mmmmmm😡 forgot to take a before & after pic but believe me there gleaming now👍😁🚐

Good to hear you're starting to feel better @tyke61 👍 Have you still got a box of bits to fit from sitting on the computer buying while you were out of action? :)

i've had my suspension checked out since a couple of mates who drove it reckoned the antiroll bar and rear shocks needed attention. result of inspection: one front wheel bearing adjusted up slightly, the rest works as intended for a top heavy van with suspension designed for americans. shocks show no sign of leakage, no noticable play in any linkages. maybe the panhard bar bush could do with changing but thats not going to make any difference to handling. ive put some injector cleaner through it and ordered a couple of glow plugs and some front brake pads from brian.

Good to hear you're starting to feel better @tyke61 👍 Have you still got a box of bits to fit from sitting on the computer buying while you were out of action? :)
Thanks for asking mate and......Ohhhhhhh yes!!!!! Thing is while i was sat there i pressed buy it now ha ha and bought a classic xs650 motorbike aswell,so now ive got even "more" bits and what/which to fit/do 1st,been sat at home ill long term is not good for the bank balance,but it aint arf satisfiying(oh AND i bought a vintage 1935 bench pillar drill,in working order) which i plan to restore to go along side my buffer/grinder that i did(it was a MASSIVE bargin at £55 worth minimum £150 all day long,so HAD to have it)😉 now i need to get a bit more strength and energy & get cracking so to speak(Rome wasnt built in a day🤣🤣🤣)

Trying to chase down a misfire with no codes to help :( Checked all of the plugs except the dreaded #5, all looked good. Last night I finally got round to pulling #5 out to find it corroded, BINGO, that will be the cause of it. I put in a new coil pack and spark plug and went for a test drive and it made no improvement at all, back to square one.

Replaced the front right (looking at it from the front) plug and coil pack and misfire has gone! I guess I should consider replacing the rest as I can only assume they will be breaking down internally too. Just happy to finally have her running right again.

Finally fitted fire extinguisher.

Got round to tinting the light bar. Painstaking but managed to keep the Elgrand badge on the van. Not overly keen on the finish of the spray but will give it a polish and see if it improves. Looks ok form a couple of feet away for now at least.
05665E9E-9859-4A69-9ECF-116EA1CA6299.jpeg

Got round to tinting the light bar. Painstaking but managed to keep the Elgrand badge on the van. Not overly keen on the finish of the spray but will give it a polish and see if it improves. Looks ok form a couple of feet away for now at least.
View attachment 21527

Looks pretty good to me :)

Thanks mate. Problem I have is some bits are matte and some shiny. Presuming it’s because of the condition of the plastic being painted? I’m not the best painter but I’ve done enough so hoping its not something I’ve done.

Back