• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

They won't even let you play in pubs these days unless all your gear had been PAT tested.
It was an old school trick I learned from a guy that used to be thunders tour manager and Brian Adams guitar tech before that. He told me how he once did it mid gig on the waking up the neighbourhood tour with the power still on and carefully snipped into the main power cable and cut the earth to fix a massive hum that had suddenly developed and everything else had failed. In 25 years of gigging no one ever checked if our gear was pat tested and I only stopped gigging 3 years ago.

It was an old school trick I learned from a guy that used to be thunders tour manager and Brian Adams guitar tech before that. He told me how he once did it mid gig on the waking up the neighbourhood tour with the power still on and carefully snipped into the main power cable and cut the earth to fix a massive hum that had suddenly developed and everything else had failed. In 25 years of gigging no one ever checked if our gear was pat tested and I only stopped gigging 3 years ago.

Ah. Theres the rules then there's the reality of being in a working band. I did 25 years ish at least 3 gigs a week from dive bars with a few hundred people to venues with 3-4000 and all incident free. When it comes down to it the venue want the show to go on no matter what or you will not come back. Not having an earth on an amp rack that no one is gonna touch endangered no 1. Every thing has it's own internal fuse which will blow anyway. If we all follow health and safety to the letter nothing would get done. The only way you could prove you have done everything in your power to follow health and safety would be to have R.A.Ms for every gig. " tonight's show has been cancelled due to unsatisfactory risk assessment and method statements." 🤣😂 In my current role as an audio visual and data engineer I've seen guys spend 20 minute just trying to get their powered access platform through a door so they can fit a grill over an aircon duct, only for the battery to fail. So they closed the room off as it wasn't safe to squeeze past it and it might have take more than 20 minutes to fit the grill so you cant simply use a step ladder. I say down with the nanny state. Coffee cups with caution maybe hot! 😱 it's a coffee, what do you expect. There used to be this thing called common sense. I get where your coming from and I know health and safety is there to protect us all but it's gone mad these days.

Got it washed early this morning before the predicted heat wave starts tomorrow - 29 forecast here 😱

MOT tomorrow too. Think I'll get hammered on outer wear on front tyres. Been no point getting them changed & wheel alignment before MOT in case something else fails that knackers the alignment again. 🤞😨:)

Ah. Theres the rules then there's the reality of being in a working band. I did 25 years ish at least 3 gigs a week from dive bars with a few hundred people to venues with 3-4000 and all incident free. When it comes down to it the venue want the show to go on no matter what or you will not come back. Not having an earth on an amp rack that no one is gonna touch endangered no 1. Every thing has it's own internal fuse which will blow anyway. If we all follow health and safety to the letter nothing would get done. The only way you could prove you have done everything in your power to follow health and safety would be to have R.A.Ms for every gig. " tonight's show has been cancelled due to unsatisfactory risk assessment and method statements." 🤣😂 In my current role as an audio visual and data engineer I've seen guys spend 20 minute just trying to get their powered access platform through a door so they can fit a grill over an aircon duct, only for the battery to fail. So they closed the room off as it wasn't safe to squeeze past it and it might have take more than 20 minutes to fit the grill so you cant simply use a step ladder. I say down with the nanny state. Coffee cups with caution maybe hot! 😱 it's a coffee, what do you expect. There used to be this thing called common sense. I get where your coming from and I know health and safety is there to protect us all but it's gone mad these days.
Never been a pro muso but played in plenty of pub bands. There were actually a couple of occasions that we had to turn down gigs due to H&S requirements, both were part of events organised by local councils!

I am also in the AV game and once had to wait for hours on site for a podium to be delivered as I wasn't allowed to use my perfectly stable step ladders to do a ten minute speaker swap out. Trouble these days is that we have a blame culture where no one is prepared to take responsibility for anything and so all these regulations are made by people making sure their arse is covered from getting a good kicking.

Must be going back to my late teen days took the ellie to the local river front parked up then all of a sudden had polish and cloth in my hand and gave her a good clean i must be loosing the plot lol 😂😂😂😂

100% this! Not band related but we have done some audio visual installs that have required no more than a hopup for a short arse - no not "safe" enough, a full on scaffolded platform that introduces far more risk just to get it in there is the answer...

Absolute madness, don't even get me started on RAMS! Where are your competencies? Where's your common sence....

They were bloomin heavy! We put them on the trolley, but thinking about it we should have put them in the other 'Elgrand'...the wheelbarrow!!😊
Sorry for delay, completely missed this and only just seen it.

I reckon you could fit a nice little hot tub in there now 😂

100% this! Not band related but we have done some audio visual installs that have required no more than a hopup for a short arse - no not "safe" enough, a full on scaffolded platform that introduces far more risk just to get it in there is the answer...

Absolute madness, don't even get me started on RAMS! Where are your competencies? Where's your common sence....
Luckily the company that most of our work is for who shall remain nameless go with the attitude of just be careful but get it done. Its a bit like the start of a final destination movie( if there was a fan in the room I'd have to down tools 🤣😂) but every one knows what they are doing, every one is careful and all the different crews work as one big team. H&S would have a fit. Still no one has been hurt and the job is always done on time.

And don't forget the hour wasted every day for the toolbox talk 😶

And don't forget the hour wasted every day for the toolbox talk 😶
This is a new 1 to me. We rock up with 10 stacks of Bosch L boxes but still have to pop to the van every few minutes cause we forgot something. The thing that does my head in is secondary fixing. I can do pullups
On my primary fixings so why do I need secondary fixings? Over sized screws in undersized holes with an impactor to tighten it up for the win.

That's always my test, if I can hang off it then it's strong enough.

'Toolbox talks' are a means for the site manager to patronise everyone on site in one go.

That's always my test, if I can hang off it then it's strong enough.

'Toolbox talks' are a means for the site manager to patronise everyone on site in one go.
Sorry guys I’ve got to disagree here

Toolbox talks are not meant to patronise anyone. Simply a means to remind us all of safety aspects on site.
Even these days the number of people that have to be told to put a hard hat and boots on is stupid.
Even today I’ve had to speak to a trade regarding an unsafe working practice.

Is that my first warning? 😕

I have an ECS card. To get one you have to know about safe working practice and to gain access to most sites you also have to have a site specific safety induction and you're not even allowed through the door without five point ppe so sorry, can't help but begrudge having the bleedin' obvious shoved down your throat on a daily basis.

Granted you will always get idiots who will try to get away with taking short cuts, and I've seen some pretty dodgy stuff going on myself, but for those of us who play by the rules it does grate a bit when you have a deadline to meet and you have to down tools. End of rant.

Fitted non slip rubber mats to sliding doors, still not 100% sure on how they look, but they do the job, specialy for the grand kids. Here are some pix of my rider, anyone have any info on my wheels,they’re 19” and there’s an embossed signature on one of the spokes that I can’t read.

Gorgeous wheels bud!

Back