• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Mine never miss a beat (touch wood) love hearing that satisfying zzzzz and listening to the exhaust note coming through.
One of my mine always works, the other one sometimes does, when it feels like it.

I like the dodgy one, we have an affinity.

Yeah every time I've tried my ones they open and close too, we are the lucky few 😁
Mine have always opened without fail.

Unfortunately they have been known to fail without closing...

It's all a bit Dirty Harry / "do you feel lucky punk?" everytime. Next time you press the button, ask yourself the same question! :joy:

Mine never miss a beat (touch wood) love hearing that satisfying zzzzz and listening to the exhaust note coming through.

Yeah every time I've tried my ones they open and close too, we are the lucky few
When I bought mine the dealer told me the little motors are notorious for burning out. I have banned the kids from using them haha they are still good to open manually though, aren't they?

The windows on the sliding doors open manually, the rear windows are electric only.

The windows on the sliding doors open manually, the rear windows are electric only.

Quickly learning to take this guide with a grain of salt... the dealer said we could use it manually, and the quick guide seems to agree. Glad I haven't tried it 😬Screenshot_20190429-182646_Drive.jpg

Quickly learning to take this guide with a grain of salt... the dealer said we could use it manually, and the quick guide seems to agree. Glad I haven't tried it 😬View attachment 17284

Yeah I spotted that in guide before too, it's the sliding door windows that are manual.

Treated the old girl to 5 litres of Shells finest 5W40 and a K&N oil filter and sucked most of my neighbours tree out of the engine bay with the vacuum cleaner:mad:. How does that stuff get in there, I feel some chainsaw action coming on.

Treated the old girl to 5 litres of Shells finest 5W40 and a K&N oil filter and sucked most of my neighbours tree out of the engine bay with the Vacuum cleaner:mad:. How does that stuff get in there, I feel some chainsaw action coming on.

Watched Death Race: Beyond Anarchy last night, as I was after something highbrow and relaxing, lol, and that had some of the other kind of chainsaw action you could use on the neighbour if they complain when you cut their tree down :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Did that one have Sean Bean in it? bit z movie style

Treated the old girl to 5 litres of Shells finest 5W40 and a K&N oil filter and sucked most of my neighbours tree out of the engine bay with the vacuum cleaner:mad:. How does that stuff get in there, I feel some chainsaw action coming on.
having a pop on mine tomorrow if the oil/pan and filter extraction tool rock up, any advice or tips to make the job easier?

having a pop on mine tomorrow if the oil/pan and filter extraction tool rock up, any advice or tips to make the job easier?
Get it up on axle stands as getting to the filter through the little flap is a bit tight. Make sure you've got a long bendy funnel, mine was a bit short so took a bit longer to fill up as I couldn't get the bowl section completely upright. Release the filter slowly and allow the drain channel below it to do its work before spinning it off. Other than that just a regular drain and refill.

Back