• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Put the quilt in the back and a new camping chair I got, and going to take the dog for an overnight, probably back up to Brecon.

Show us your chair!🧐

I got this one for my little trips...oh man, soooo comfy!

Screenshot_20240520-184621_Chrome.jpg
Ignore the orange stripes - we won't go there... 🤨

Last edited:
Today I took the Sliding Doors apart on my E51 to replace 2 broken handles, but very pleased with the results. Even managed to find colour matching ones.

Only big job left is fixing the passenger window, which is stuck up.

I just use a simoniz black plastic restorer, can be used internal and external. Chances are with the sun I will end up having to do it twice a year, it soon starts to fade again :rolleyes:
it's actually for the engine cover under the bonnet so won't see a lot of the sun.

They are window blinds with the silver reflective side facing out. These are the same ones. I have the black facing out as I park on a busy street and it stops prying eyes! ;) They are full blackout and fit really well. Mine came from eBay.

You can buy them on Ali Express, eBay and Amazon for example. They are so worth it. You can mix it up by just having the back, or the front, or just the sides. Whatever! They come in a nice storage bag too.

P.S. you can get the backing in lots of different colours, you don't need to have black!
Thanks.

Ordered a second Panda bamboo mattress topper. It hasn't been so bad with one of them, with pillows in the seat dips, but I thought a second one, although a luxury as their pricey, with then 2X the thickness has got to increase the comfort level, plus I weighed its £115 up with a £1,100-£2000 Campal, when given it's high season, probably wouldn't be ready until the time when I wouldn't be using it. Plus I'm only really doing overnighters, not longer trips.

I got 2 for £16 the other day from Halfords of all places. They seem fine

Ive got these, great chairs but they only problem with mine is they have started splitting along the seams and Im not that heavy 86kg!
I have had them for a fair amount of time though to be honest!

Ive got these, great chairs but they only problem with mine is they have started splitting along the seams and Im not that heavy 86kg!
I have had them for a fair amount of time though to be honest!
Yes, I was Amazoning, and most of them at that kind of price had lots of poor reviews. I stumbled across the Halfords ones and thought at that price, if they last until October I'll be happy enough.

Changed both front lower arms and fitted a pair of adjustable drop links
Amazed at how much difference there was in drop link length with coilovers , the originals must have been under some pressure being of equal length

I posted on here that on the 25 May I had the quick fit bodgers track my van I went back today as one tyre badly worn on inside ...the said oh its got aftermarket wheels so nothing to do with them ..I told then there the same wheels as they suposeidly tracked and it don't matter what the bloody wheels are as long as they are pointing in the same direction....they were just talk shit and trying to get out of a crap job ..getting refunded the 70 they charged me and will go elsewhere ...Do Not Use Kwikfit

Back