• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Sorted out the rear ride height today and ended up leaving it at virtually the same height as it was when I first fitted the wheels as I do not want to go too low.

Will do the fronts over the next day or so.

A couple more pictures which show just how tight a fit they are:D

View attachment 102575

View attachment 102576View attachment 102577

I have also taken a couple of videos which shows the doors opening and shutting on the remote but cannot upload them as it says file to large for server to process. 😢

Easiest way is to upload to YouTube buddy.

Monthly sunroof look. Got another Panda mattress topper to be delivered today, so as I emptied the back seats in prep, did the sunroof maintenance check. Was relived that after the end of the world 1.5 hour monsoon the other day, the silver drain rails were dry as a bone, and, as usual, about a drop was present at the drain holes at the front of the back sunroof (where they then go onto the front sunroof system). I wiped the rails etc and got an artist paintbrush in those little front holes. I mentioned before that it looks a bit 'dusty' if I twist my head and look at the back of those silver rails, so I wrapped a thin microfiber around the thin artist stick-like paintbrush and poked it along, which cleaned it a bit more. Being uber gentle of course.
I say, with fortnightly or monthly gummi applications; actually using the roofs each trip; washing regularly; spot washing if an orange pollen haze is there between washes; monthly checks/cleans of the mechanism; getting any bits/leaves/petals etc off asap; dabbing the corners when I can with a microfibre when it stops raining, so those pools in the corners don't just sit there, man, if mine go pop there's no hope.

Last edited:
Sorted out the rear ride height today and ended up leaving it at virtually the same height as it was when I first fitted the wheels as I do not want to go too low.

Will do the fronts over the next day or so.

A couple more pictures which show just how tight a fit they are:D

View attachment 102575

View attachment 102576View attachment 102577

I have also taken a couple of videos which shows the doors opening and shutting on the remote but cannot upload them as it says file to large for server to process. 😢
i would expect doors to catch when car is parked on none flat roads , are your your doors spaced out ,if not might be worth doing

Well today I've just noticed that either this morning or at some point yesterday someone has reversed into my Elgrand and scratched the drivers side corner of the bumper.

It's not horrific and will probably mostly come out with a polish but it's the principle

Fuming doesn't cover it

Monthly sunroof look. Got another Panda mattress topper to be delivered today, so as I emptied the back seats in prep, did the sunroof maintenance check. Was relived that after the end of the world 1.5 hour monsoon the other day, the silver drain rails were dry as a bone, and, as usual, about a drop was present at the drain holes at the front of the back sunroof (where they then go onto the front sunroof system). I wiped the rails etc and got an artist paintbrush in those little front holes. I mentioned before that it looks a bit 'dusty' if I twist my head and look at the back of those silver rails, so I wrapped a thin microfiber around the thin artist stick-like paintbrush and poked it along, which cleaned it a bit more. Being uber gentle of course.
I say, with fortnightly or monthly gummi applications; actually using the roofs each trip; washing regularly; spot washing if an orange pollen haze is there between washes; monthly checks/cleans of the mechanism; getting any bits/leaves/petals etc off asap; dabbing the corners when I can with a microfibre when it stops raining, so those pools in the corners don't just sit there, man, if mine go pop there's no hope.

Im still curious about how much water passes through your drains can you maybe just stick a container under the very rear left of your Elgrand so the sunroof drain is still in situ, you will not need to remove anything Im just interested to see how much rain water passes through your sunroofs buddy compared to mine and @Magnu.

Im still curious about how much water passes through your drains can you maybe just stick a container under the very rear left of your Elgrand so the sunroof drain is still in situ, you will not need to remove anything Im just interested to see how much rain water passes through your sunroofs buddy compared to mine and @Magnu.
I have kind of stuck my head under there in the rain and didn't see anything coming out, other than the normal drips off the edge of the van

The 2nd panda topper arrived.
This is the basic sleeping arrangement
A panda topper on the bottom, above that the 'quilt' cover you see is a sandwich containing the other panda topper, plus a 13.5 tog quilt I got for a bit more padding. Underneath it all are pillows in the seat crevasses.
I sleep on this lot, with a 'normal' bed quilt which I get off the bed, over me. The dog sleeps ontop of that.
The 'potti' goes between the end of the bed, and the front passenger seat as forward as it'll go.
1716469292218.png

The 2nd panda topper arrived.
This is the basic sleeping arrangement
A panda topper on the bottom, above that the 'quilt' cover you see is a sandwich containing the other panda topper, plus a 13.5 tog quilt I got for a bit more padding. Underneath it all are pillows in the seat crevasses.
I sleep on this lot, with a 'normal' bed quilt which I get off the bed, over me. The dog sleeps ontop of that.
The 'potti' goes between the end of the bed, and the front passenger seat as forward as it'll go.
View attachment 102605
Im a camper snob but i would be quiet content in there....shall we ?

Went round all the rubber work with gummi pflege today. Helps keep it supple.

This is brilliant stuff.

Thank you for reminding me. Will do tomorrow. 👍

One of my cars has a known issue with leaks into the boot and has a lot of electric's in this area and I have been told of big bills to sort out.

When I bought the car one of the things that I checked for was evidence of water leaks and condition of seals and I have religiously applied every few months or so and have not had any problems with water ingress.

Quite surprising how even with older rubber which has started to crack after a few coats how much more supple the rubber is.

Went round all the rubber work with gummi pflege today. Helps keep it supple.

This is brilliant stuff.

Thank you for reminding me. Will do tomorrow. 👍

One of my cars has a known issue with leaks into the boot and has a lot of electric's in this area and I have been told of big bills to sort out.

When I bought the car one of the things that I checked for was evidence of water leaks and condition of seals and I have religiously applied every few months or so and have not had any problems with water ingress.

Quite surprising how even with older rubber which has started to crack after a few coats how much more supple the rubber is.

Yes, I rate that stuff too. Done it shed loads of times on the sun roof seals and like you said, general rubber work, like door seals etc.

Is the stuff you use guys like this:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sonax-gummipflege-rubber-treatment-stick#

Last edited:
Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Well not today, but so far it's dark tinted window, 3 row roof rocks, self installed curtains from Ebay, Alpine big din head unit and kicker speakers, alarm upgrade, Cooper ART tyres, rubber floor mat for rear half as it's partly used as a work van and mobile office, replaced spark plugs.

Yesterday I gave the new rear discs a few more coats of black gloss including a rim around the inner edge and am now happy with the finish.

I also gave the wheels a proper wash and polish and ceramic coated them and today test fitted to my Elgrand .

I am dead chuffed with the wheels as they are just the look that I wanted .

As a big bonus the rears fit perfect with no adjustments needed to either my coilover height or camber, virtually right on the limit of poke and the rubber on the bottom side edge of the rear doors just barely brushes the flange on the tyres as it opens

So 20 x 9.5 with an ET of 35 and 265/40 tyres will fit on the rear of a e Elgrand without negative camber or spacers.

Will be having a little play tomorrow fine tuning the coilover height to get it looking exactly as I want it and fitting these to the centre caps.

View attachment 102510

View attachment 102508

View attachment 102512
They look banging Kevin. Great choice, I’m tempted to get my 19”s refurbed and back on for summer.

This is the stuff I use

This is the stuff I use
You might find to get it going the first few times you use it, I press it against the back of my hand to get the end applicator saturated. Over time this isn't necessary, as the end applicator is 'broken in' and gets saturated easier when you press down lightly on the rubber. Still, doing the back of the hand press I find saves you having to press down on the rubber, it then just glides over it.

I use this as it is much cheaper buying bye 500 ml.

Back